• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
!! When did you get there? I ended up just doing more work after the extreme delay. You guys could've moved the fest over to our place :D

When's the next shindig?

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
**** CNU I'm still feeling symptoms of whatever crazy virus I got from you guys.

wtf
yeah i didnt stop getting headaches until 2-3 days ago. Keep in mind that i had already been sick for about a week when i gave it to you. Idk what the hell it is but it lasts a while. At least the fever/aches go away : /

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah i didnt stop getting headaches until 2-3 days ago. Keep in mind that i had already been sick for about a week when i gave it to you. Idk what the hell it is but it lasts a while. At least the fever/aches go away : /
ah...good to know it's not just me
truuuue @ boldface

Ganon vs. Marth can be rather difficult (for both)...right? What do people really think of the matchup?

Caboose: we should have recorded -_-

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Ganon's Arm is the same length as marth's sword i'd say that match-up is 55-45 marth's but I think it's stage dependent. Ganon is ridiculous.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
about what pitzer said (i think its more 60-40 but "Mr. 5 Hits" has never been more appropriate than against marth)
one thing ether found out was to keep ganon above you. its scary because of the stomp but really when is he ever going to be able to get it out. DD grab, uptilt, sideB, fair, uair, counter, shieldgrab - there's a HUGE advantage to being under ganon

also keep in mind that its ganon's ARM (ie just his fair) that has the ridiculous range and even then anything you throw out intercepts it in time. this is more of a basic tip but if you can get it so ganon is approaching you with fairs you're in the clear. its much easier for you to bait as marth and DD grab than it is for ganon to bait a marth aerial and backwards-fair (dash attack and nair will many times catch ganon's foot on his way backwards)

also: because ganon F**KING BLOWS, you can just tech away from him at all times and he cant do jackcrap since he cant catch up to you

and finally, stop rolling to the opposite edge of the platform when you get hit onto one >_> i hit you with a LOT of dairs and upsmashes that way by reading your rolls

EDIT: btw if anyone has advice for the ganon in this matchup id appreciate it. i think im giving pretty OK advice for marths here but honestly i wouldnt know how to counter it @_@

EDIT EDIT: BUH. sorry to bother you rhan, but just wanted to make sure: what nights did you get the hotel rooms for? i found a post where you said friday/saturday night but the actual tourney is sat, sun, mon. does that mean you're not staying for finals?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Ganon's Arm is the same length as marth's sword i'd say that match-up is 55-45 marth's but I think it's stage dependent. Ganon is ridiculous.
about what pitzer said (i think its more 60-40 but "Mr. 5 Hits" has never been more appropriate than against marth)
one thing ether found out was to keep ganon above you. its scary because of the stomp but really when is he ever going to be able to get it out. DD grab, uptilt, sideB, fair, uair, counter, shieldgrab - there's a HUGE advantage to being under ganon

also keep in mind that its ganon's ARM (ie just his fair) that has the ridiculous range and even then anything you throw out intercepts it in time. this is more of a basic tip but if you can get it so ganon is approaching you with fairs you're in the clear. its much easier for you to bait as marth and DD grab than it is for ganon to bait a marth aerial and backwards-fair (dash attack and nair will many times catch ganon's foot on his way backwards)

also: because ganon F**KING BLOWS, you can just tech away from him at all times and he cant do jackcrap since he cant catch up to you

and finally, stop rolling to the opposite edge of the platform when you get hit onto one >_> i hit you with a LOT of dairs and upsmashes that way by reading your rolls

EDIT: btw if anyone has advice for the ganon in this matchup id appreciate it. i think im giving pretty OK advice for marths here but honestly i wouldnt know how to counter it @_@

EDIT EDIT: BUH. sorry to bother you rhan, but just wanted to make sure: what nights did you get the hotel rooms for? i found a post where you said friday/saturday night but the actual tourney is sat, sun, mon. does that mean you're not staying for finals?
I agree with both of these

Also,

**** YOU GUYS FOR SMASHING AT MY OWN HOUSE WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!

I talked to my mom today and found out this ****. NO.

FAIR.

Ether

Smash Ace
Delayed getup attack + DI up is too good.

I was watching Linguini vs Colbol. Seems like all Ganons have no problem being patient and camping out others. Let's camp back. Wait for the first frame of movement. Attack then.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah Friday night so we get rest before the actual tourney. And we're probably going to stay there Sunday til about... I wanna say 5 - 6pm. But Shae's driving so he decided what time me and him go back.

Reason we can't stay for finals and such is cuz Shae would have school in the morning.

But yeah that Friday night and that Saturday night of Pound.

**** YOU GUYS FOR SMASHING AT MY OWN HOUSE WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!

I talked to my mom today and found out this ****. NO.

FAIR.
LOL

Chase *****. We're amazing like that. <3

Theo's mom is the best.

Mahone is legit. It was cool meeting you bro. KP is was nice seeing you after all this time! We missed you too **** much. All night smashfest son! **** was epic.

ALSO JUST SO SOVA KNOWS! A 8 year old hosted a smashfest. And brought 2 VA Tech smashers to it...

STEP THE **** UP!

Wretched <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Malco still plays.

GTFO.

Shaden moment...

Anyway If I host in like 2 weeks who would all come out?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha! Jeffery is sooooooo goood.

Rhan I wanna play ya'll.
I wanna play you.
I wanna play Young Link!

Oh and do you still party with sheik?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Shoot I still say you play him atleast on the side.
But I love the Young Link.
Yeah Ill drive you, but if its past Dec 9 I wont be able to unfortunately.
I will be thrown in jail that day.

rhan

Smash Hero
****ing A Malco... Don't say that.. :(

I'm be sure to host something ****ing amazing before then.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
i really would love a fest this thanksgiving timeframe
me and rhan don't have work/school from wednesday thru sunday.
i'm also free tuesday.
We need to get a combo montage video for sova!

People I really want to play
Malco
Ether
Jwulf
Toasty
CNU (btw sry guise)
Wretch
Theo
Ptzr
O-NO
G-Mon & Henry
Everyone else

rhan

Smash Hero
PP wins RoM3 IN A NEARLY HOPELESS GRAND FINALS AGAINST M2K and me 30 bucks.

He had to go through 2 sets with M2K.

rhan

Smash Hero
Shae tell your mom and dad I'll give them 30 bucks if we can use your house as a venue this weekend.. lmao

Idk... This weekend would be pretty epic to throw a fest.

Top Bottom