• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

The_Doug

Smash Ace
What is this suckerpunch that you speak of?
The previews look alright; I do like sci-fi. It's being advertised as "an epic action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination..." A movie that advertises itself as being 'epic', hmm.

It's rated PG-13 Wretched so you can see it ;-)

GHNeko said:
Whereeeeee
GHNeko he hosts smashfests at the University of Richmond. Should probably PM him for the address if he doesn't want to post it publicly.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
We're having a smashfest today at VCU. I'll let you guys know when the address and stuff is confirmed, we're trying to hold it in a classroom. I'm going to text doug around 3 to let him know what's up, still going through paperwork and stuff + I have an exam.

The one on the 8th will be at the VCU commons. I'll post the address later, but you can google it up. We're still waiting for our reservation to be confirmed (also we might have to pay an intellectual property fee for playing video games ????).

The_Doug

Smash Ace
We're having a smashfest today at VCU. I'll let you guys know when the address and stuff is confirmed, we're trying to hold it in a classroom. I'm going to text doug around 3 to let him know what's up, still going through paperwork and stuff + I have an exam.

The one on the 8th will be at the VCU commons. I'll post the address later, but you can google it up. We're still waiting for our reservation to be confirmed (also we might have to pay an intellectual property fee for playing video games ????).
Sage - Check out this post which has good tips attracting new faces to your local smash community: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289220

An "intellectual property fee for playing video games" sounds like bs and the student body or whoever is sitting at the front desk of the commons will just straight pocket that money. If you're a student at the University paying X amount of money per year to go to class it should be included in that contract.

Pretty tired already today and it's only 1 o'clock. Not sure if I can make it to Richmond and back without passing out. Possibly if Shaden, Rhan, or other SOVA would like to go.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sage - Check out this post which has good tips attracting new faces to your local smash community: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289220

An "intellectual property fee for playing video games" sounds like bs and the student body or whoever is sitting at the front desk of the commons will just straight pocket that money. If you're a student at the University paying X amount of money per year to go to class it should be included in that contract.

Pretty tired already today and it's only 1 o'clock. Not sure if I can make it to Richmond and back without passing out. Possibly if Shaden, Rhan, or other SOVA would like to go.
Yea I've read that thread already. We already have a lot of interest from students, but the biggest problem has been securing a room.

And yea, I will fight the intellectual property charge. They argue that since we're sharing the games, that violating the intellectual property of Nintendo and we'd have to contact Nintendo to make sure it's ok. O_o; they actually asked me what we're going to be doing with the video games....

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman

Hit Malco up

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Expect a fest by next week~~? friday or saturday, maybe?
Also, one of these days I need somebody like shaeden to hit me up so I can get better (getting ***** by ether doesn't help too much).

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
The horror is finally gone..
may this saturday be remembered, as the day after friday.
And sunday comes afterwards.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Where are you guys?
I haven't heard from anyone about anything.
I'm really trying to get better.
I dunno if you guys saw payday, but I am inspired.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm gonna possibly be in VA Beach for the weekend. Definitely would like to do something.

Also Neko if you have a Facebook page we're all mainly using that as means of communication. Though it's just been flat out dead around here lately.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
To the last cnufest?
Well, maybe get hype for a wretchedfest? Those turn out pretty well, and with my larger venue and some time, maybe we could get as many people as my first fest.
The only downside is that I only have access to one setup and 3-4 tvs.

rhan

Smash Hero
To the last cnufest?
Well, maybe get hype for a wretchedfest? Those turn out pretty well, and with my larger venue and some time, maybe we could get as many people as my first fest.
The only downside is that I only have access to one setup and 3-4 tvs.
Setups aren't a problem. We got like 3 between Shae and I.

yes please. lol.

i'd like to talk to sova.

i've had very few people in sova come to my place for smash
Add me and then I'll add you to the group I suppose. My Facebook should be linked in my sig.

Top Bottom