• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Park

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
There's really no South Park thread? I love this show, and I always have. I like overtime how it went from simple toilet humor to a really funny take on today's issues. I look forward to this show every week

Anyone else?

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
There actually is but they're pretty old
anyways, I think this season was pretty good. The Jonas Brothers and the Fishsticks episodes were f***** brilliant; the others were meh..

the song at the end of the Fishsticks episode actually has a longer version that made me lol ridiculously hard

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I actually posted the link to it in another thread about funny things. I love South Park and have to say that hands down, the Fishsticks episode is my all time favorite overall episode. Randy is still my fav. character in the newer episodes because...well he's Randy. They randomly decided to make him stupid to an extrodinary level and stuck to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbkCo5oZJ8

That link has the full length song, and if you look at the info box in it, that has the link where you can download the full song.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Randy is so go **** funny in the newer episodes. He's so god **** ridiculous I can't even explain

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
He literally makes the jump from a serious geologist in the first appearence he makes to the biggest idiot in all of South Park in the last few seasons. Like in the OverLogging episode with his "spooky ghost" excuse, rallying everyone in the Queef episode, making everyone wear the bed sheets and stop spending money in Margarittaville, and let's not forget about the whole 'Obama' celebration. Randy easily shot up to my number one favorite by a landslide after all of that.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Dont get my wrong, I still like the newer episodes, but the show is a shadow of what it used to be. Hell, they dont even kill kenny anymore! I find the older episodes way funnier. You think it only recently evolved to take on world issues? It has been doing that since near the very beginning. Only it was much more subtle, I liked it that way.

I think it started going downhill two or three seasons ago. Sure, you still get a gem of an episode here and there, but it just isnt the same.

All in all, great show.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Of course they've always took on world issues, I just said that in the recent episodes is when Randy became a huge character as oppose to his near invisible state way back when. Also they did go through the "Kenny is DEAD dead" phase and didn't even have him on the show for awhile. Then they brought him back and I'm thinking they don't kill him off partly due to the fact that ... well how long have they been killing him? Just how many ways are there to die without it starting to repeat or just get dull? I really don't see it as that big of a deal seeing as how the newer episodes focus around a set group of characters instead of the 'boys' all the time, sometimes you don't even see him at all.

They've certainly changed their style, but that's to be expected with any show that runs for that long. I prefer the newer episodes, but have your same overall opinion, "All in all, great show."
They love pushing the show to the limit.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Yes I have to agree new randy > old randy. One of my all time favorites is that episode where randy fights all the dads at stan's little league games lol. I liked this weeks new episode too, with the pine wood derby car.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah man. Everytime Stan has sort of event like that, Randy always makes it all about himself. "I can't go to this game Sharon. I don't think I can take that guy." "..just don't fight. Watch the game." "I see what you're trying to do, but I won't do it. I just can't fight him." While he was in his underwear, drinking a beer and looking out the window at the sunrise. XD Randy is amazing like that. In the new episode he pretty much lead the entire world, he's got some sort of super leading powers. All hail Randy.

"Oh Oh, hold your hand up Shelly so it looks like youre holding the giant guine-pig." I loved the fact that he never let go of the camera through that whole episode.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Best episode ever is definitely The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer, where the boys try to find a TV to watch what is referred to in the title. The trailer plays during the Russel Crowe in Fightin' Round the World, which is so d**n hilarious that I really can't watch it without busting out laughing.

The 2-parter last season featuring Craig and the pipe flute bands was hilarious. One of the few times I've actually laughed out loud while watching something by myself.

Mingin

Smash Cadet
As much as I like southpark, i think it's newer seasons have been lacking. It almost seems like they are trying to be funny instead of just being funny. However, it hasn't been all bad. Idk, like the Pine Wood Derby episode, I couldn't really laugh at it, it just wasn't that funny to me. Also, the one where cartman keeps telling butters not to shoot the cops in the ****. Like, it was totally overplayed and just got annoying. Seems to me the newer seasons have like 3 or 4 really good episodes and the rest are just filler crap ones. The problem is, it doesn't really matter if they're funny or not because everyone ends up watching them no matter what, just because it has the name Southpark attached to it. Hopefully Trey and Matt will step it up over the years.

Top Bottom