• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Korean Smashers?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
you guys need to fly your ***** over here for Sun Rise Tournament in april yo!!!

we'll do a japan vs korea crew battle ahaha

myl197

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to meet all the people I haven't met when I was in Korea when I go back in a month. Looking forward to meeting/playing with everyone I didn't get a chance to during the summer! Ray and Brett, you guys still gonna be around when I come back?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, my visa status for next year is a little uncertain, but I should be here assuming the PA govt isn't the most incompetent thing ever.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
The PA government is the most incompetent thing ever.

Next stop, Japan/Vietnam/Hong Kong.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
hey Yoshiking, you stay in the Yongsan base right? I live right next to you. :D
wow didn't know u was that close. Awsome. I wish there was a whole gang of brawlers out here :( oh well there's still people i can play

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
hey Yoshiking, you stay in the Yongsan base right? I live right next to you. :D
wow didn't know u was that close. Awsome. I wish there was a whole gang of brawlers out here :( oh well there's still people i can play .

Guys any smash events coming up with us?

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
wow didn't know u was that close. Awsome. I wish there was a whole gang of brawlers out here :( oh well there's still people i can play .

Guys any smash events coming up with us?
I've been pretty busy lately hopefully we can get something going in December.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, way to do something barely in the nick of time PA!

Marcus, if you're still here in January I'll actually be really close to you at my new place in Guri.

Well, now I've spent one year in Korea.

# of times I got molested in public : 4

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
btw, i have a TV and cube now. it's a flatscreen though. it has very minimal lag. i actually think there might be a way to fix it if i have the right settings on.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
whoa this is awesome.

now i know if I ever visit korea again (which last time was 8 years ago), there are smashers!
smash community = too good

and I might go this summer. BIG maybe though

edit : is this melee or brawl cuz im melee lol

myl197

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I'll be back in korea december 19th and staying until late January so Brett, I will be in korea during january. Just giving the heads up. Can't wait to see/play with everyone again! Ray, is your TV less laggy than the one I've got?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hmm a little less laggy. i think it might have to do with the rez or the size of the tv. it's not that bad. anyone wants to play, give me a call. 010-8484-6137

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I'll be back in korea december 19th and staying until late January so Brett, I will be in korea during january. Just giving the heads up. Can't wait to see/play with everyone again! Ray, is your TV less laggy than the one I've got?
How unlucky I am leaving on the 18th lol. It seems we were never meant to play :p

myl197

Smash Apprentice
How unlucky I am leaving on the 18th lol. It seems we were never meant to play :p
huh? I thought you were gonna be in korea until next year? Oh well, sucks that we won't be able to play.. Who else besides ray and brett are in korea at the moment?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
I'm back in Korea now people! Devil Ray and I are supposed to play this coming weekend sometime on Sunday. Does that day work for anyone else?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I got back now but I'm sans phone, internet and luggage (get *****) so I probably won't be able to play until next week.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
whoa this is awesome.

now i know if I ever visit korea again (which last time was 8 years ago), there are smashers!
smash community = too good

and I might go this summer. BIG maybe though

edit : is this melee or brawl cuz im melee lol
People here play melee and brawl. I think more people play melee though.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Hey do u guys still have smash events around here?

I know i've been busy as heck the past month but i haven't gotten a update on any new events. keep me posted i'm always game to play

aznhaxor

Smash Rookie
what...? I never heard of South Korean smashers... I'm South Korean, and I can't find any smash players there. I was happy to find smash players when I came to Canada though. Btw I'm into melee not brawl.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
what...? I never heard of South Korean smashers... I'm South Korean, and I can't find any smash players there. I was happy to find smash players when I came to Canada though. Btw I'm into melee not brawl.
yea the smash scene is damn near dead out here. if it wasn't for smashboards i would not have known

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ray is usually down to play. His info is in this thread.

I'm actually waiting for Project M to come out before starting up again because both games bore me.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yea, i'm usually down to play as long as you're not hella far from me. people can come visit me too. In terms of skill, i'm confident i can give you a run for your money. ;)

my number is 010-8484-6137 and i live in pyeongchon(평촌). email is raychun2@gmail.com. Feel free to get at me. After marcus leaves, melee will be in a sad state in korea :urg:

myl197

Smash Apprentice
thats what I want to hear! and dude are you from san francisco? I just made a thread today looking for players here in SF. Im visiting my sister here this week
I am in korea at the moment but will be back in SF in late January until around mid-May for grad school. Let's play when I get back?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Hey do u guys still have smash events around here?

I know i've been busy as heck the past month but i haven't gotten a update on any new events. keep me posted i'm always game to play
We gotta meet up and play sometime. You live right next to me! I called you a few weeks ago I believe.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Are you in korea right now or coming anytime soon?

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Hi! I'm looking for people to smash with alot in February. I'll be free after February 10 or so until March (I've got off from work).

I know this is my first time asking around on here, but I've actually been in Korea since July '10...I was kinda trying to quit smash cold turkey (it was a bit of an unhealthy obsession for me)...but my girlfriend just got me a wii for Christmas so now I can no longer help myself. Now I'm back on the bandwagon, and I'm itching badly to play.

I live in Hwacheon county, in Gangwondo (about 45 minutes from Chuncheon), but I'm only 2 hours from Seoul so it'd be very convenient for me to go there, if that's where any smashers are. But since I'm not working in February, I would travel anywhere in the country, honestly. I'm desperate to play.

I'm only good at Brawl (that's where my tournament experience is), so I'd much prefer it. But I'd be happy to play Melee if that's all that people play in Korea; I just SUCK at melee, so I might bore good players until I practice up. I mean, I understand the basics because I played it before Brawl came out (I can L-cancel and wavedash and stuff), I just never had any practice playing tournament-goers at it. (The last time I played a good melee player, I got completely demolished.) But I'd be happy to learn, and I'd be willing to put some time into trying to get good. Melee's getting increasingly popular in my home region in the US, so I'd like to get some experience with it, actually.

In terms of a setup, I've got a wii, brawl, 3 gamecube controllers, and a small (lagless) television.

So hit me up! - 010-2626-3185, email: tristan.reiniers@gmail.com

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
So, at the end of my line, I've realized that practicing LSAT logic games is like practicing the Metaknight match-up as Dedede: After 4 months of detailed study and long hours, you realize it was impossible to begin with, because the constant threat of being timed out forces you to make mistakes in your approach.

(If the LSAT planks me when I take it this Sunday, my only option is regicide :c)

Top Bottom