• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOUTH KOREA SMASH (player finder/info)

Shinku

Smash Champion
sweet jebus, it took me 2 hours to get back lol. good thing i left when i did.

fun fest guys, i think ill do some shoutouts

shinku - you falcon is looking nice, not a bad alliterative. i do see potential in your fox n marth though, keep it up

that is all :)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
haha your falcon sucks, ed. it's more free than dave's ness.

next week i'll be a little busy, but 2 weeks from now i should be free for a day of smash. ed, you leave on the 27th right? how's the 16-17th looking for you?

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Ed, not sure travel has anything to do with your 16-17th if you deros 27th. you wont even fly til +/- 2 days out. we know you gotta attend to all your goodbyes, getting ready to go and whatnot. it'd be nice to see that than scratch my head about the trans excuse below, just saying

truth, it's freaking busy in my shop, but you know me i'll try to keep a weekend day free thru june.

Shinku

Smash Champion
change of plans. my deros is actually the 22nd lol. i booked my flight. then again this has nothing to do with the 16-17 lol. so yeah, we should be able to play gentlemen

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
let's shoot for the 16-17th. dave, ed, you two wanna try my place? it's a ridic area and i'm sure you guys would enjoy it. but it is more convenient to go to dave's, i admit. it's up to you guys.

Shinku

Smash Champion
lemme crash at yo place ray. since your area seems like a cool place, plus i get paid on the 15th so i kinda want to enjoy myself. a little fun before i leave

mjwuLFe94

Smash Rookie
hey, i dunno if you still live in the same place (and right now i don't have a phone but will in a few days)
but you think i can meet at your place to play melee sometime in the weekday or weekend? I'm free most of my time in this month so i was wondering if we can meet up and play some melee~

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sup man. have we played before? I live in konkuk university, no longer in pyeongchon. you'd have to give me a specific time when you wanna play, but i think me and the other dudes can hook it up. where you from?

mjwuLFe94

Smash Rookie
nah, we never met each other, but i'm originally from out of korea, but i'm here for vacation. I'm at bundang, and my bro told me that konkuk university or something (if it's in front of geondae entrance) then it's not that very far from here. are you cool this saturday? i'll be getting my phone soon so i'll give u my number later. Saturday i'm fine anytime, just not like 5 am or like 12 pm (lol)...

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
that's fine. i have to be somewhere during the day on saturday. i'd be free from 4pm-whenever. dave, ed, josh, you guys willing to come to my place?

where you from? how long is your vacation gonna be?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i play a lot of janky chars, but my main is probably sheik. she's just mad boring to play :urg:

are you coming from bundang? via subway, get to exit 1 at konkuk. i'll meet ya there by 4. you can call or text me too. 010-8484-6137.

rest of the ppl, lemme knozzzz if you guys are down.

by the way, i'm thinking of naming the korea smash crew to "KCS" = Koreans Caping Shyguys. What do you think?

mjwuLFe94

Smash Rookie
sheik? i don't think she's boring to play, especially vs. marth cuz marth is usually in the losing side.
so yeah, probably subway, i'm from seohyon (서현)station btw. KCS? It sounds interesting~ but still it's pretty good.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
dang seohyun is mad south. yea, just give me a call or a text on saturday. i'll be home by 4pm.

sheik is a great char, but just boring to play. i have much more fun with others.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sounds good bro. excited to play a new smasher :bee:

for everyone else, i'm hosting at 4pm on Saturday the 16th at my place in KONKUK university or 건대입구. Let me know if you guys are down.

Shinku

Smash Champion
man i really would come but i mean, its my last weekend here and we've smashed 3 weeks in a row already so im kinda smashed out.

love you too ray :)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
all righty, some news for you guys.

-ed aka shinku has left korea. he was a great smasher and will be missed.
-dave might be leaving korea by the end of the summer. hopefully things work out for him and his career in the army goes well.
This might mean i'll be the last place in Korea for melee or brawl until Marcus/MYL comes back for vacations. for some, my location is good and others not so much but we'll try to see if we can get some smashfests going.

**this is for the new guys**
-we have two new smashers, mike and josh who are vacationing out in south korea. It's great to have you guys, we're happy to have you. however, scheduling seems like it'll be tough for all of us. For me, I can only host during weekends, sundays are my best days. saturdays are ok but they're up in the air usually. give me a ring or email when you can so we can all meet up. i have 2 TV's, but only one Wii+cd+mem card.

for Saturday the 30th, i am probably going to be busy because it's my birthday :). but i'll be free on sunday July 1st if you want to play. hit me up and lemme kno fellas

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
have a happy birthday..let's play sunday...figure out who will be around though ...no reason to go to your place if we can go to dave's unless we have a need for two setups.

also dave if we play at your place can i just go up sat and chill with you again and then play sunday or do you have plans?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
thanks, i'll enjoy the b-day :bee:

i agree about playing at dave's, but only problem is our new guy mike lives closer to me. i'll let dave decide, but my place has the 2 setups and we don't have to worry about that stupid sign in bullshit.

again, i'll let dave decide but i'm open to hosting as well.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, i think if the new guy is going to play and we have 4 we should go to your house..but hopefully the new guy can confirm by friday so we can plan

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
come on people..someone let me know what's going down..even if we're playing sunday figuring out who's coming and where and when would be nice

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i talked to both mike and dave. personally, i can't play on saturday. i have plans throughout the day. dave said he can play on sunday, but wouldn't commit to it 100%. mike has said that he's still down to play on sunday as scheduled.

unfortunately josh, when i talked to dave he said that he CANNOT host. so we'll have to play at my place in Konkuk. dave didn't give me any specifics but iterated that he did not want to host. i wanted to play at dave's too, just so we could get josh back to suwon much more easily. if you guys can talk it over, i'm be MORE than glad to play at dave's place.

for anyone who can make it, we will be playing at my place in Konkuk University at 2:30pm.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
that's fine..i will make do..i just hope dave can come out so we can have two setups going and get a lot of practice in. hopefully we can play around 6 hrs??? that's what i'm hoping.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
good games fellas, i enjoyed playing even though i was really sick this week.

because of the weather, i'm going to try to stay in at home this month. if ppl want to play, let me know in advance and i can host.

so a few things:

i'm going to try to host a smashfest every sunday: i'm going to be searching for a new church that's fairly early, so this should be good. i've been thinking about it for a while, so I want us to try to play once a week or at least bi-weekly.

in regards to dave hosting: i personally think it's ridic to ask dave to host with his schedule. since the dude lives on a base, it's really hard to sign ppl in and there is not a lot of space over there. so if ppl (just the 4 of us :-P) want to play at dave's place, please contact dave personally and ask him direct.

combo video making: josh has some great combos as marth, while dave and mike have ridic combos (when they're in good boi mode) as well. combos are actually my weak suit, i'm not very cool but i have some tricks. i want to try to make a combo vid of all of us so let's try to figure it out. if u guys know how to make one, lemme know~!

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ray, just an fyi. I have experience shooting and editing video footage so if I just get the video files of the recorded matches (if u have a recorder) I can make combo videos. Of course this will have to happen when I go to Korea in August but not sure how long the new guys are gonna be around.

good games fellas, i enjoyed playing even though i was really sick this week.

because of the weather, i'm going to try to stay in at home this month. if ppl want to play, let me know in advance and i can host.

so a few things:

i'm going to try to host a smashfest every sunday: i'm going to be searching for a new church that's fairly early, so this should be good. i've been thinking about it for a while, so I want us to try to play once a week or at least bi-weekly.

in regards to dave hosting: i personally think it's ridic to ask dave to host with his schedule. since the dude lives on a base, it's really hard to sign ppl in and there is not a lot of space over there. so if ppl (just the 4 of us :-P) want to play at dave's place, please contact dave personally and ask him direct.

combo video making: josh has some great combos as marth, while dave and mike have ridic combos (when they're in good boi mode) as well. combos are actually my weak suit, i'm not very cool but i have some tricks. i want to try to make a combo vid of all of us so let's try to figure it out. if u guys know how to make one, lemme know~!

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
dang, marcus coming out of nowhere and giving life to the thread!

sweet, i'll try to find a way to record and i'll just wait until you get here. even if the guys leave, i should be able to just keep the raw footage.

xCKx

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm gonna be in Seoul for the weekend is there anything smash related going on this weekend? I have no controller though so...I dunno if I could borrow one from someone?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hey, what's up. yea, i have a couple of controllers you could borrow.

i'll be hosting on sunday, hopefully we got a couple of our guys out here as well.

do you play melee or brawl? where you going to be in seoul? my number is 010-8484-6137 and i live in Seoul, at Konkuk University Station(건대입구역), intersection of line 2 and line 7, stop 212 or 727. email is raychun1@gmail.com

xCKx

Smash Rookie
Just melee and I don't know where in Seoul just yet. Hopefully you guys play melee too lol.

Top Bottom