• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

south carolina tournaments

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
hello, i live in barnwell SC and i want to attend some tournments that arent too far away

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Here in Orangeburg SC we gots about 8 people who wanna go to one really bad.

If someone could put up a nice tournament in Columbia or Charleston that would be really cool for us. Most of my friends never get to go cause of the distance.. any takers on a local?

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
why dont we have the tournament in orangeburg since thats where y'all are located, me and my brother would love to go to one, thats 10 people right there, should be a pretty decent one and barnwell is very close to orangeburg, i used to to go there for yu-gi-oh tournaments >_>

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to finally get something...i ALMOST had something, then it just BLEW UP OMFG in my face XD.....which caused about the entire sc community to hate me for a week, and about 15% of people still hate me to this day lol.......I'm up for smash all the time.

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
**** dude, what the hell did you do?!?! XD

we should get something together though, we need to expand out smashing environments : D

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
holymarth007 said:
I'd like to finally get something...i ALMOST had something, then it just BLEW UP OMFG in my face XD.....which caused about the entire sc community to hate me for a week, and about 15% of people still hate me to this day lol.......I'm up for smash all the time.
15%? Aim higher, man. One day, if I get time, I might try to revive what you did, but actually HAVE IT. But that wont be any time soon. Maybe sometime after school's out. (But I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, so dont consider this too serious yet)

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
speak not of what? did he do something really bad or somethin?

im serious about having a tournament though, i want to play against a bunch of new people and this is kinda the only way to do it, we have to be serious about it though, which means people actually need to come XD

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
pichu huh, thats cool ^_^

where are ya at? maybe me you and TRC can get something together, i have faith in this one

psykoweezl

Smash Journeyman
Best Marth? we'll see...hopefully we'll have a tourney sometime before July 13 because I'll be goin out of the country for the rest of the summer...c'mon I need some challenges...

kenshin5435

Smash Rookie
not many people talkin anymore, we need to get this tournament going, and TRC isnt replyin to my private messages :(

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Does Florence have any Tekken players (or tournaments for that matter?). I'm in Charleston and am just starting to learn how to play SSBM, but I'm primarily a Tekken player. If ya'll end up running a tourney there and have Tekken 5 (5.0 or DR) or Tekken Tag present, I'll make sure to show up with a couple of buddies who play Tekken and are interested in SSBM as well :)

I know two of them went to a Myrtle Beach tournament I had to work during. They said SSBM was there and that Florence kids were playing.

Sensei

Smash Lord
It would be great if you guys were to set up a tourney during my possible vist down there. I definetly would like to play you SC smashers :)
And btw, I play Tekken 5 too and am pretty good at it but I am extremely rusty and totally out of practice. I would probably need a full day to get back into the groove of it. I pretty much forgot all the buttom combinations lol.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I actually went to elementary and middle school in Greer (Buena Vista + Northwoods, unf unf). I never realized how small (or country) that town was until I visited last year O_O. If you plan on coming to Charleston, you won't get much comp because we're JUST starting to play... and we suck :p. T5 is another story though.

I'll actually be up in Jersey this weekend for East Coast Championships along with Memorial **** Day. I'll be staying in Flemington, NJ. If you're interested in a T5DR tourney, you can go to Philly this Saturday for it. ECC will have some of the biggest names in MvC2 present along with CvS2, 3S, Slash, and ST. It'll take place at 8 on the Break in Dunellen.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I am not sure about doing a tekken 5 tourney anytime soon. I would def need more practice plus I might be busy during that time. Thanks for info anyways.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Kenshin, i had a tournament all planned out, and it blew up in my face; didn't happen at the last second.

Forte X, just cause I can't get a tournament started doesn't mean I can't pwn your soul in smash brothers =). Perhaps it's better that my tournament didn't happen so you wouldn't have gotten pwned by the glory that is I. ; ). You know, Twiggy did the exact same thing lol >.>.. Twigfest, if i'm not mistaken? Blew up at the last second. No one cared =P.

Remember noobs, ability to run tournaments is NOT a correlation to someone's personal smash skill level. ^^

slimscane

Smash Rookie
Oh man, I would love for there to be a tournament in SC, although I would prefer it to be in the low country (I live in Summerville) XP. A friend of mine was planning to set one up, but then he kind of just stopped trying, I should really get on his case to do it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll be moving to Charleston in March 2k7. I'm not a bad player. I've had the privledge of training with Ken and the Elite 5, SoCals Superfriends, Deep SoCal, DBR, the SF Asians, and Isai. If melee is out by the time I get there we can always smash it up Brawl style.

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Looking for competition

I've just started to become competitive with SSBM. You guys seem to talk big, so it made me wonder exactly how good you all are. I live in the Florence area and I'd really like to get some games together around here. I can't get any better playing the mediocre players in my area, and I want to go as far as I can.

I'm a pretty solid player that's just getting the hang of the advanced techniques, Wavedashing, Shffl, etc. I'm really looking for some good players to broaden my skills against. I'm solid with Marth, Fox, Peach and Link and I want some competition. If any of you live in this area or are seriously talking about getting a tournament or some weekly/bi-weekly play in I'm all about it.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Amocoru, Welcome to the South Carolina Competitive Scene! South Caroina isn't exactly the best choice of states if you want hardcore competition, but believe it or not, it DOES exist here. x.x Well okay..it's not hardcore, but at least it's competition. Personally, I'm the best player in Greer/Greenville, so you can come on over if you wish; However, I would suggest playing much more local competition. If you are feeling daring, challenge the folks up in Columbia. I'm sure you'll make friends with them fast.

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the welcome Marth. Greenville isn't that far away, so I wouldn't mind heading up that way sometime for some serious playing. I don't have anyone in this area to challenge me. I've pretty much issued challenge via myspace and other websites and haven't gotten any real challenges OR great turn outs.

Are the guys up in columbia any good? Like I said, I'm not insanely good, but all my friends want me to go to Atlanta and take a shot at MLG. I need to work on my shffl and wavedashing a bit, but other than that I'm a really solid player. I just feel the only way I'm going to take it to the next level is to actually get some real competitive play going on. I definitely want to take it to the next level, too, so if that's what any of you want we need to hook up and have some tournaments.

I'm pretty busy right now but in the next couple months I'm gonna have a lot of time freeing up, and I wanna spend all of it smashing......so we'll definitely have to work something out.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Since you're from Florence, have you played Everlasting Yay yet?

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
I don't really know tha tmany people that play around here. I haven't played them, nope. Why, are they in this area?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Issuing challenges on myspace? lol. THIS is where smash talk belongs.. Smash World Forums is teh ownage.

Uh, but yeah. I'm the best in Columbia *waves hand* Everlasting Yay is an EXCELLENT player in Florence. Me, him, and Holymarth are the best of South Carolina, I think. (Charleston people never responded to me)
Find Everlasting Yay and play him.

If you can come to Columbia I will gladly play you. Anytime, as long as I know ahead of time.

Glad to hear more SC people exist ^_^

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just giving the myspace thing a try. I wasn't aware of smashboards at the time, but as soon as I found it I signed up, of course. I really like this boards...it's the pwnage smash place. I can already tell. Do you happen to know the "Everlasting Yay" guy's name? I might know them and not even know it. I'm gonna check out that link that you gave me codeblue. Sounds like a great way to brush up and improve ^^

Yeah, I was REALLY glad to see that some good smash playing actually exists in this state. I just came back from California after spending three years there and I got to play quite a few people there. I lived in Santa Rosa and I went to a couple of tournaments at Babbages(Gamestop), but those guys really weren't any good. They didn't know anything about advanced techniques and no one even hardly ever used SH :\

Sensei

Smash Lord
Next time I visit SC, I want to play against more people. So far I've only played against Alucard13. I want to see how I rank up against SC's best. I will accept moneymatches ranging from 5 to 20 dollars. Hopefully there might be a tournament nearby the Greenville area when I visit. And if any of you guys decide to visit NJ, just contact me to see if we can smash.

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
I'm not the best in SC and I don't even know if I'm ONE of the best but I'm up for playing smash any time. I won't really turn anyone down because I'm doing everything I can to improve. We're gonna put SC on the map...SC smash > you

Icege

Smash Apprentice
afaik, SpinJump is considered the best player in Charleston (and the state). Though that was like, a couple years ago I think.

I've got one of the Smash guys down here number, but I have yet to call. I just started playing SSBM as something to do aside from Tekken. If anybody in the lowcountry wants to Smash and maybe show me some stuff, my cell is (843) 224-8545 (ask for Josh).

I'm a substitute teacher for Dorch. District 2 during the day (I teach primarily at SHS) and I manage a restaurant on James Island at night (except Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have class at TTC then). So pretty much the best times for me to get up are Saturday and Sunday during the day, or Tuesdays and Thursdays before class.

Of course, I don't sub everyday like I should :D

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
I think SpinJump would need to do exceptionally well at this tournament on the 4th and beat HolyMarth and I (since TRC isn't coming...noob!) to get back up to the top. Absence doesn't help keep you on top, you know! And you should come up to Florence for a day and play with us. B-) It's only a hour and a half drive....

Top Bottom