• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

south carolina tournaments

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
U R TEH NOOB YAY :O
You know I kid.

EverlastingYay is considered the best in state by most, he is the most "active" SC player probably. So dumb how we never played yet were on the same crew lol.

I expect Yay to be the top ranking SC player at the Nov 4th thing. And SORRY Yay, but Nov 3rd is a special occasion and I doubt I can make a trip the day after. *points at alcohol* huh what!?

But yeah I was told Spinjump was the best a looong time ago and I haven't heard much since. Me and John will play anyone in Columbia, visiting or otherwise ^_^

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Well...one of these days we'll have to knock YAY off of that top player in SC pedestal he's on. It'll take MUCH practice on my part, but one day...you're goin down yay..yeeeeeaaaahuuuz

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Yeah...49%, eh? If you subtract about 40% from that I think that would even up to the ONE match I managed to win, and only because I made you use DK, lol. I wanna take down that falco....he wants to get spiked

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Fine Yay if you suck I'm the best.

Come and get me I'M IN THE CAPITAL HOHOHO

No really I'll play anyone for best in state. Don't doubt yourself Yay. Believe you are the bomb diggity and you will be the bomb diggity.

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Yeah...yay is pretty savage with falco. For some reason he doesn't think he's that good with him though. I think he must be ******** to feel that way, lol. I can't wait to chain grab his *** with marth ftw ;)

LEminicon

Smash Rookie
A humble suggestion...

How about Greenwood, SC? I know of a place I can rent but I would have to charge a small fee to clear expenses.

Maybe $20 for singles
$20 per team

The prise money would look like:

50% for 1st place
15% for 2nd place
5% for 3rd place

Not a bad way to practice for MLG huh?

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I might start running Smash Brother RanBats on Thursdays @ 6pm in Charleston. Depending on whether or not we get the venue space. It'd be single elimination, $2 to enter. No prizes. It's similar to what we've been doing for CvS2 and T5DR.

If we can't get the venue on a regular basis at that time, then it probably won't happen. The venue isn't exactly very reliable either, but just a head's up in case it does come through.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
munk speaks the truth, you all must show up to make this one the biggest yet. This is the biggest nc/sc tournament to date. Nc vs Sc crew battle now thats hot

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
the chances of SC's potential crew :
Everlastingyay Spinjump me Holymarth Yoshido etc being together at once is slim to none.
I am considering going to munkaid myself but not sure (might be saving up for Innsomnia, but it's pretty far)

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
the munkaid 5 date is set, march 17th. Nc vs SC crew match is in the air, you could get holymarth yay trc yoshido whoever else you all have vs our top 5. Now that is cool

Hope to see you all there

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Good news Smashers!

Anime Charleston will be opening up off of Dorchester Rd at Cross County Rd where the Alltel offices currently are. The owner is a very good friend of mine, and will be renting out his viewing room so that we can run weekly RanBats. The store should hopefully be open in May (the online portion will be ready this week!) just in time for our summer season. Most likely we'll have T5DR and CvS2 on Tuesdays @ Cyberstation in the Northwoods Mall, while on Thursdays we'll do Smash (Brawl or Melee, whichever is out) and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike on Thursdays at 6pm. More details to come :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
lol don't count on Brawl being out till Christmas...

I really wanna see SFIII 3rd strike... I've never played it myself.

what's a ranbats? I can't drive to Charleston too often. How about a tourney :D

Icege

Smash Apprentice
RanBats are ranking battles. We currently run them for CvS2 and T5DR at the arcade every Tuesday. They're free, single elimination tournaments where there are no prizes except for points. Your placing gives you a point value, which then determines your ranking in the area.

Braderick

Smash Rookie
HolyMarth, where abouts in Greenville do you live and/or go to school? I personally go to Riverside High School and have quite a crew of smashers there. We get together about every week and I was just interested in seeing the possibility that there was another in the area about our age. Some of our players are quite good (including myself, I won the last three tourneys) but we do have some noobs that the rest of us are training up to become better. Get back to me if you have the chance.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, when I lived in Greer I was supposed to go to Riverside O_O

but then I moved to NJ, then MD, then back to Charleston :(

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Good news Smashers!

Anime Charleston will be opening up off of Dorchester Rd at Cross County Rd where the Alltel offices currently are. The owner is a very good friend of mine, and will be renting out his viewing room so that we can run weekly RanBats. The store should hopefully be open in May (the online portion will be ready this week!) just in time for our summer season. Most likely we'll have T5DR and CvS2 on Tuesdays @ Cyberstation in the Northwoods Mall, while on Thursdays we'll do Smash (Brawl or Melee, whichever is out) and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike on Thursdays at 6pm. More details to come :)

That'd be cool. I always wanted to play more 3rd strike.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I probably won't be going anywhere till GAWes' next big tournament in Georgia, then that'll be it till Brawl.

Unless we can get an actual SC tourney, location being the hardest part... and of course set ups.

Knorr

Smash Ace
do you even know how long it will be till brawl?

a long *** time so stop being gay and come up

OyG

Smash Rookie
Hiyas ev'rybody,
Long time lurker, first post. I live in the greer area and was looking to see if anyone could teach me some SSBM :laugh: . I pretty much play every other fighting game in existence so it should help. :p

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Hiyas ev'rybody,
Long time lurker, first post. I live in the greer area and was looking to see if anyone could teach me some SSBM :laugh: . I pretty much play every other fighting game in existence so it should help. :p
no.. it wont help

Knorr

Smash Ace
well whatever your lost honestly trc we have The VA crew comign down to raliegh for Jubilee, as well as all of NC but anyway there is still an open invitation to any other sc people, we are leting spend the night free friday and saturday nights if boarding is a problem, we have tons of room so go post in the thread the link again is http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Good chance that in the summer time there are gonna be some smashfests at my house. Right now I still have to get all the details worked out on set ups and extra tables for tvs. I think I would be able to fit around 5 or 6 setups in the area but it is kinda small. I'll give out more info when it comes closer to the date. If you have any questions or wanna help with set ups or other things pm me.

S-K-47

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Actually some things just happened... If I go to any one more tournament it will be GAWes' last one. Some bad things have happened with me and I'm pretty much done now... -_-
Try and come to the RanBats :D

The store SHOULD be open in June... I'm going to see about maybe a couple of tournaments for a grand opening party. Those will probably be cash pay out to make it worth your while.

Top Bottom