• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Carolina Player Locator!! (updated)

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Titan44/Terrell
Main: Ganondorf
AIM: titan eat babies

Didn't really plan on getting back into smash, but I'm bored out of my mind here. Someone entertain me :cry:

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Anyone going to VTYME 3? It's on July 22nd/23rd in Fairfax, VA which is near DC. This is a 7-9 hour drive from Charleston. There's going to be CvS2, MvC2, 3S, DOA4, Halo2, SSBM, VF4Evo, and T5 (it's a Tekken major, some of the best players in the country are going!); as well as anime con-style events!

Go-go-go-go :)

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
I'll go if I can find a ride. If any of you are interested, lemme know. I'd be more than willing to hook you up with cash for gas ;)

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Spin Jump, Dugas, and I meet up with Titan44 today and had a little smashing going on. Looks like this thread is helping smashers meet up, somewhat. We just need more smashers around to be more involve in meeting up, I guess. As with before, anyone near the Charleston area feel free to contact me and maybe we can work out time to smash together.

Great Ganondorf, Titan44, I honestly didn't think you would be that good, but you sure gave me the run for the money. And to think you stop playing for 6 months and just picked up and play...

I like playing an aggressive/offensive combat style Link, but you literally forced me into playing spamming "until I get an opening" Link. Annoying, huh.

Josh, hopefully when you get back we'll be able to play with you. I'm sure you can pick up the game really fast.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Woot for Titan44, he finally got to get out and get some games! :lol:

I won't be back until sometime after August 17th. I'll be back before the 31st though. It all depends on whether or not I have enough money to go to Japan.

I finally decided that I want to main Fox, but I also like Gannondorf, Peach, and Samus. I want to play Zero Suit Samus and Pitt when Brawl comes out.

Fox Shine Infinites are so fun.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, GGs Kai. It's nice to finally have some comp again. I didn't really expect you guys to be so good either since noone really talks about SC much, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

0ttx

Smash Rookie
Ok, this is the former deathottix...note that the new name starts with a zero (that's really going to be an annoyance for some people, sorry) Please change the name on the player locater. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience which I'm sure it has.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in town (Charleston) this weekend. I'll be getting in early Friday evening, but have plans to go downtown to celebrate a friend's birthday, and make out with all her hot friends.

There's going to be a T5DR tournament on Saturday at Cyberstation. Top 3 get free play for a month. 2nd place also gets T5 Bundle (stick + game) and 1st place gets a refurbished TTT cabinet.

I'm not sure what else I've got going on after that. I'd like to get drilled in some Smash and taught some things if ya'll don't mind. I'm going to most likely also be at the Regal 18 to play some MvC2 with a couple of people. Any plans?

Sensei

Smash Lord
Um, yoshido, I made a thread about a smashfest/tourney for SC a while ago. I still haven't gotten the address yet from my cousin but the event is going down around Mid August.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Depending on what I do this fall in terms of living and school, I might be organizing Smash tournaments along with the usual CvS2/T5 stuff :)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
TRC said:
Yoshido I am moving to Columbia to go to Midlands Tech and I will be looking for new people to play with... just saying... >:D
Oh My crew an i are in columbia.. My friend john is going to mildlands tech. I'll pm you his number. Dan and i and him have been wantin to play some new people.

Alucard13

Smash Rookie
Main: Falco
Area: Greenville
AIM: Yoda3971

If you would all be so kind to add yourselves to the Global Smasher Compendium, I believe that it would make this entire process much easier.

To be apart of the GSC, instant message Simna ibn Sind on AIM and give him your information. It would also be helpful because you'd be able to tell distance between smashers better.

Here is a link to the Global Smasher Compendium bundled with Google Earth:

Windows XP/2000: http://rapidshare.de/files/8364589/GSCversion002b.zip.html
Mac OSX 10.3.9 or higher: http://files.filefront.com/GSC002GEmaczip/;4796305;;/fileinfo.html

If you already have Google Earth: http://rapidshare.de/files/22497265/GSCv002b.zip.html

Sensei

Smash Lord
Everybody in the greenville/spartanburg area, I wil be visiting SC during august 5-12th. If anybody wants to get some smashing, pm me or send me an instant message on aim. AIM: JediSmash86

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys :)

I'll be back in town next weekend. I'm not quite sure what my living situation is going to be like, but I'm going to be organizing tournaments again when I return. This time, I'll be including SSBM and N4 in the line ups.

I won't have much time though. I'll be busy every evening (school from 6pm-9pm TuTh, work 5pm-9pm SuMWFSa (10pm on FSa)) so the day time is my only availability... until mid-September or mid-October. Then I'll be substituting during the day for Dorchester, Berkley, and Charleston county schools.

I finally decided on who I'm going to be playing! I really like Marth, Ganondorf, and Fox :). I think I'm going to focus more on Marth and Ganny until I can do some basics before playing Fox again.

Anyways... how many people would be interested in attending monthly SSBM tournaments in Charleston? I'm looking at Green Dragon for a possible venue, but if I can get something better I'd be ecstatic.

JohnSC

Smash Rookie
JohnSC
Main: Fox, Shiek
Area: Greenville
AIM: HFTH Johnny
Email: john.l.nelson@gmail.com

I'll be up at greenville soon for college at Furman, but right now i'm in Mt. Pleasant. There are a few others here also, going to Wando High. I'll probably tell them to post their info soon.

If anybodys planning tournaments, smashfests, etc. around Greenville area, feel free to IM me or send me an email.

If there's anybody going to Furman University, definately contact me.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
i wanna see it bad.

All you sc pplz looking for a tourney with good competition, Go to munkaid 2 this saturday. Go check the thread peace.

l0ZR

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Srsly people, go to MunkAid. If even HALF of you who posted on this thread come, I'll be OVER ****KING JOYED.

South Carolina, it pains me to say I haven't seen most of you play, but if you can come to munkAid then it will make my day.

Cm on State, I even did a ghey rap for you ;_;

Come or be shamed!!! =O
( If you can't come to this one, at least come to the next one; this munkaid thing is the perfect opportunity to seed out and find who's actually good in the Carolinas, and who actually plays!!!! If this tournament keeps on happening, SC will get more credit as better players arise. So come!! Arise from ye Musty graves of noobishness, and live a new life of dignity!!!!)

omg did I just type that? Hell, you get the message; I'm guessing all of you took English Literature at one point, LOl.

=)

Top Bottom