• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Carolina Player Locator!! (updated)

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we all need to go to the tournament either in GA or NC ( Initiation or MunkAid)

I beileve that SC has potential, but we need to get everyone out in the open, ya know? so like, everybody come to the next tournament!!! =)

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Ahhh yeahhh sonz. Yay go to tarboro tourney since you cant munkaid. It will be a long drive for you though so i doubt you will and entry is only 5 and 10 for teams. So id think it wouldn't be worth it yet i wanna play you heh. Later

l0Zr

Maryoku

Smash Rookie
Maryoku 17 ~ Main Fox/G&W Aim: Huhnhunter2k E-mail: Huhnhunter2k@gmail.com
And since I don't see him on here I'll add my friend
Ciez 17 ~ Main Shiek/Ice Climbers/ Samus (last I heard he was undecided) Aim: joeness7
Both of us live in Columbia.

KittySlayer

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to know if I could switch my characters you've got listed. It's been awhile, and wanted to update the people you've got me listed as my mains. My new mains, in order, are: Samus/Yoshi/Mario. If you do, sweet and thanks. If you don't, meh, no biggy. Just glad you started the thread in the first place.

Amocoru

Smash Rookie
Yeah I just moved back to Florence and yay and I both play. I'm still training but yay's good if you're in the area. We can get together and play sometime. That'd be cool. How good are you?

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Does Florence have a Tekken scene at all? I've been meaning to visit ya'lls arcade up there and see if I can get any money matches going along with a couple of guys from Charleston. We visit Savannah, the upstate, Columbia, and sometimes Myrtle Beach... just never had a reason to go to Florence.

Are any other fighters besides Smash played up there? What games do ya'll have in your arcade(s)?

Oh... and to update my info:
Icege/Josh 23 ~ Main: Marth/Ganondorf/Fox~ AIM: Icege

If you could put me down for Charleston and Summerville areas, I'd appreciate it. I live in Sville, but I'm all over the place. So if there's any gaming in the tri-county area, I'm typically available... unless it's in St. George or Orangeburg. Ew.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I hear there's this guy named Titan44 that plays Smash and loves it when people fight with flowers.

Any of you Florence cats available on Tuesdays or Thursdays? I might skip class and head up that way... but only if you can get any of your Tekken players to money match me c('.'c). ft5 for $5, $10, or $20 would be nice. I'll run double or nothings as well.

Also, for any Charleston/Summerville/GooseCreek/MtPleasant/etc locals, we're going to be holding weekly RanBats at Cyberstation in the Northwoods Mall in December. As of right now, it'll be in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and Capcom vs. SNK 2. These are free tournaments (pay-to-play still), and the games alternate every week. There are no immediate prizes. The top 4 receive points, which will accumulate during the season (points are cleared every 3 months). Top 8 in the games (and all around) will be displayed at the arcade, and I'm going to be putting up flyers around the college campuses. I'm also going to look into maybe getting EBGames or other affiliates to donate prizes for the #1 placer in both games and overall.

I mention this because the manager of Cyberstation said that he was going to run some console tourneys during December. He's already approved of my running of these tournaments, so I'm going to ask him if he'd mind if I ran SSBM and Naruto 4 tournaments as well. Since these are console games and we're not charging entry fees, you'd have to play in either the CvS2 or T5DR tournament that's going on that evening.

These tournaments are also single elimination due to time constraints and the casual manner of the tournaments themselves.

If the manager gives the go ahead, which would ya'll rather play? CvS2 or T5DR?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
T5DR... but I won't be around, just giving a vote.

I'd love to see some awesome T5 players. When I was in Akihabara in Japan >_> wtf there was an entire arcade floor for T5 and those guys were insane.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I'll let you know the next time I decide to drive up to Columbia... which might end up being this week.

CvS2 is going to have more people, but T5DR has better all-around players, if that makes any sense. We've got a lot of CvS2 comp, and they're not too shabby, but they only play that. The T5DR players are all hella good, but they can play pretty much anything. Albeit not as well as they do Tekken, but they can pick up things pretty quickly.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Just spoke with the Cyberstation manager again... he says if I were to run SSBM tournaments, I'd have to rent out the birthday party area which runs $50 for 2 hours.

So I could possibly run a monthly and charge a door fee if that works... Maybe something like $5-10 a head, and take $50 out of the pot to pay for the room. TVs and cubes would have to be supplied though to make sure we're in and out in 2 hours.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
2 hours is nowhere near enough time for a small tourny... try to find a different place... because it just isnt worth it... 2 hours for $50?...

Icege

Smash Apprentice
If we were to hold it at the arcade ($50/2hrs), it'd be single elimination.

We used to run tournaments at The Green Dragon (lowcountry locals, it's in the Ice Palace shopping center next to Northwoods). I'm not exactly sure what our status is there, because the owner of the place doesn't consider video games to be a "hobby." That, and they regularly try to screw us whenever we head over there.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i want all of SC to be at munkaid 4... we should have date set monday... it will be sometime in december... you guys all need to make it... its probably going to be the biggest tourny ever held in the carolinas

Ricelord3399

Smash Rookie
Any of u Columbia guys at USC?

Keiwai: Columbia (USC)
Main: I'm really just not sure now, I play a lot of people, thuogh I think i'm gonna stick to Ice
Climbers now.

Sorry for bumping up an old topic, but it'd be awesome to find other smash players in my area.

Mufanzo

Smash Rookie
Just passing through...

Spending a few days in the charelston area and was wondering if there are any biweeklies or smashfests going down this weeked. Or even if there are any gaming centers with smash or LAN. plsandty misters. :)

XfalcX

Smash Cadet
stephen strapp/16/moncks corner-close to charleston-----falco AIM=methixskater14
stephen nickolson/16/same neighbors----mario
pat/16/same-------link

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I guess you guys forgot all about Cherokee County.

Well anyway,

Byron X/18/Gaffney, SC

Main: Mario, Marth, Fox, Sheik

Top Bottom