• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

X1-12

Smash Champion
anyway, back to set-up johns this game is basically Newbie 9 (and newb 7 (F11)) except scum get a godfather in place of a goon, but town get 2 confirmed town masons in place of 2 VTs

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alpha striking as town is funny as heck! xD

When I first told Swiss what we were gonna do on D1 to Ran he was like "hmmm....idk.....ya know what, LET'S DO THIS!"

Then we did it to X1 as well

Then we did it to th3kuzi as well

:3c

Alpha striking is fuuuuuun.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i started to mindgame myself into thinking you two were like N0 cultists.... im glad we won before i did something dumb

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"bsl yes I believed your doc claim. If kuz flipped town though, it was questionable.

This is my first time being a part of a town win and x1 was the first I've actually called being scum correctly and getting the lynch through.

Swiss and J your play was frustrating. All you did was slow town in what would have been an inevitable victory.

Frozen and Ranmaru played well.

bsl you were pretty null to me all game. I think you played a great doc game! That FF protect was a great call."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Slow town?! We stopped town from heading down the wrong path D1. Especially from your tunnely destruction D1 on me :)

Also you never EVER explained WHY I was scummy for my actions. You wanted to lynch me D1 and then you wanted to lynch me D2 as well AFTER Swissy confirmed I was town. You believed I was a cultist the entire game~

Ah well, called Zen was town and glad I stuck to that 100%.

Swiss: J are you SURE on Zen....?

J: Never been more sure on anyone! :D

Swiss: Idk......

J: Trust me! ^^

Swiss: Fine I trust you but if your wrong.

J: I'm not. =P

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"clownbot I just think you should be more active and scumhunt more. d1 most of what you were talking about was inactivity, but not much else >.>

Kuz: Your UniBU plan was quite nice. Shame you didn't get to use it. I wouldn't have let up on you though. You had to did. S&J probably been convinced though, and therefore town would have been convinced.

x1: um idunno did you have a plan? After a while it just seemed like you gave up.

Kirbyo thanks for the game :D! Love SC <3"

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"J you didn't stop town from a destructive path, you lead them toward it by playing scummy and lying lying lying. No town should lie as much as you guys did. And every time I tried questioning you, you just told me how dumb I was, 'lol', then leave."

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Also J, I'm not as dumb as you made me out to be.

Your scum: Ran, bsl, cbot

My scum: J, Swiss, x1, goose.

Like I said earlier, simply lynching you 4 would have won the game, and if you and Swiss would have played like town should, that would have just left scum.

You guys were on the wrong path, not I, so stop acting like I was so dumb this game."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lying saved the town this game. By letting the mason survive aaaaand if u read the QT it also got me RB'd which would hve framed me if I was telling the truth. Also lieing kept Swiss alive too. *shrug* Everything worked out and the game was won with a single Mislynch.

How was I scummy? Goodness how many times do I gotta ask? :p

Also I didn't laugh at you everytime. Just the times you tried to get me lynched off nothing but meta, and a paranoia you had of me being an evil recruiter this game. ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
goodness dude chillax you wanted to lynch those 4 at random on D1 and it just happened to turn out that way.

On D2 we called the scum-team after BSL's claim pretty close

Clown/X1-12/BG (iffy one)

But lynching claimed town masons was agxjeoejrowiqidb silly.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"btw MVP to BSL. I really think that this has been your best game. You handled pressure well and managed to show the bs(l) in the arguments made against you. Like you v Ran, and Me v you. And you did all you needed as doc, even though it was a short game. A great improvement from your Halo play and All Stars play :)"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
also iirc I only called you dumb once and I'm sorry for that.

Never meant for it to come out that you were actually dumb. We were just frustrated by how certain you thought we were scum.

Sorry bro <3

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
" J they weren't random. Do I look like Cello to you? Even though I couldn't convince you guys, I still had reasoning.

And no lying didn't save the town at all. I just think you're being self cetered. "

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Zen or BSL or FF for MVP imo. Everyone played their part well, though.

@Zen: I understand the criticism of my activity and scumhunting. As J pointed out (albeit exaggerated a little), I didn't do much scumhunting throughout the game and I'm upset to say it but my strongest case was probably my D1 post on him.

As some of you know this was my first game of Mafia in a little while and I'm not really sure whether I'll get back into it, but if I do I'll take that into account. :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Daaaang that was quick. 1 month game, wow.

GJ Town. I didn't read this but someone must've done something right.

edit: wtf that was 2 weeks, not 1 month. Woooow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Just hearing 'lol zen you're wrong!' over and over seriously makes a dude wanna quit man. I don't mean to be all salty or whatever it is the kids say now days, but I'm just saying things work out for the better if you just tell the truth. Lying worked out this time, but it's still so anti-town and confusing. And self centered to me."

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
[collapse=Talim Role PM, sent to Zen]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, Zen!

You are Talim, Vanilla Townie. You are in touch with the power of the wind, and that wind has guided you to put a stop to Soul Edge's tyrannical reign. You have no powers other than your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Alignment: You are town-aligned. You win when all servants of Soul Edge are dead.[/collapse]

[collapse=Mitsurugi Role PM, sent to Clownbot]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, Clownbot!

You are Mitsurugi, Vanilla Townie. Tireless in your quest to destroy Soul Edge, you have decided to team up with other warriors to stop it once and for all! You have no powers other than your voice and your vote, so make them count!

Alignment: You are town-aligned. You win when all servants of Soul Edge are dead.[/collapse]

[collapse=Maxi Role PM, sent to Ranmaru]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, Ranmaru!

You are Maxi, Vanilla Townie. After being wounded by Soul Edge, you have vowed to destroy it. You have no powers other than your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

[collapse=Siegfried Role PM, sent to frozenflame751]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, frozenflame751!

You are Siegfried, Town Cop. You are in possession and communication with Soul Calibur, and as such, the sword tells you who is against it.

Ability: You may PM me each Night with the command Investigate: [playername]. I will PM you back with the alignment of the person you investigated. Your sanity is guaranteed. You may not investigate yourself. You may investigate the same person more than once.

[collapse=Nightmare Role PM, sent to BoiledGoose, who was replaced by th3kuzinator]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, BoiledGoose!

You are Nightmare, Mafia Roleblocker. You are in possession of Soul Edge (or is it in possession of you?), and it gives you the power to stop one person per Day from using any special abilities they have. You, along with your partner Sophitia (played by X1-12), have met with the forces of Soul Calibur to end the feud once and for all.

Abilities: Each Night, you may PM me the command Roleblock: [playername]. That player's ability, if they have one, will be ineffective that Night. You may not target yourself, but you may target Sophitia. You may target the same person more than once, but you may only target one person per Night. You may also communicate with your partner at any time using this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/ceK6Ve47sUh34. Also, as a team, the Mafia may kill one town member per Night by PMing me the command Kill: [playername]. Mod Note: As the Godmother, Sophitia MUST send in the Night Kill as long as she is alive. If/when she dies, Nightmare may send in the NK choice.

Alignment: You are Mafia-aligned. You win when all servants of Soul Calibur are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Safeclaim: Yun-Seong is not in this game.[/collapse]

[collapse=Kilik Role PM, sent to Swiss]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, Swiss!

You are Kilik, Town Mason. You are madly in love with Seong-Mina (Played by Braig), and you know she will never betray Soul Calibur, just as strongly as you know that you will never betray it.

Abilities: You may communicate with Seong-Mina at any time using this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/pSCGApmq2rr. You also know that Seong-Mina is town-aligned.

[collapse=Sophitia Role PM, sent to X1-12]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, X1-12!

You are Sophitia, Mafia Godmother. You are a secret servant of Soul Edge, and are only serving it to protect your poor children, whose lives are threatened by the power of the great sword. However, you are good at what you do, and you have risen in the ranks of Soul Edge's army quickly, until you are now even higher than Nightmare (Played by BoiledGoose).

Abilities: You turn up as innocent in any investigation. Also, you may communicate with Nightmare at any time using this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/ceK6Ve47sUh34. In addition, as a team, the Mafia may kill one town member each Night. To do this, PM me the command Kill: [playername] during the Night. At the start of the next Day, that player will be dead. Mod Note: As long as Sophitia is alive, she MUST send in the Night Kill. If/when she dies, Nightmare may send in both a Roleblock and a Kill.

Alignment: You are Mafia-aligned. You win when all servants of Soul Calibur are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Safeclaim: You know that Cassandra is not in this game.[/collapse]

[collapse=Seong-Mina Role PM, sent to Braig, who was replaced by J]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, Braig!

You are Seong-Mina, Town Mason. You are madly in love with Kilik (played by Swiss), and you are as sure of his loyalty to Soul Calibur as you are of your own.

Ability: You may communicate with Kilik at any time using this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/pSCGApmq2rr. You also know that Kilik is town-aligned.

[collapse=Ivy Role PM, sent to BSL]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, BSL!

You are Ivy, Town Doctor. You may be a rogue, but you are truly against the tyranny of Soul Edge with every fiber in your being. You also are skilled in science, and you are able to protect one person per Night from death.

Ability: Each Night, you may PM me the command Protect: [playername]. If targeted with a killing ability that Night, that player will not die. Your sanity is guaranteed. You may not target yourself. You may target the same person more than once, but you may only target one person per Night.

Night 1 actions:
frozenflame751 investigates Swiss (innocent)
BSL protects frozenflame751 (successful)
X1-12 kills frozenflame751 (protected)
BoiledGoose blocks J (nothing to block)

Night 2 actions:
frozenflame751 investigates Clownbot (No result; killed)
BSL protects frozenflame751 (blocked)
th3kuzinator kills frozenflame751 (successful)
th3kuzinator blocks BSL (successful)

So, after checking with S2, I have decided to let the players choose your own MVP! The voting will work the same as lynch voting, but you'll be voting for MVP instead of lynch target. Feel free to make a case for yourself, but remember that Rule 1 of Fundamentals is still in effect: do NOT get personal. Oh yeah, and no self-votes either :bee:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
woah cool!

My Case for Myself: If I had fake claimed in time I would have won 100% no contest. I obv deserve MVP for my noble efforts.

MVP FF/Zen

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Lol K kuz, if you're gonna be difficult about it...

New rule: you're allowed a max of 2 votes. No more. And if you do vote twice, it can't be for the same person.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote for me, I played the best!! If you don't vote for me, I'm blacklisting you.

Jk, in seriousness I don't want any votes. I think I already have a golden die anyway. :cool:"

Vote: bsl

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What exactly did I do that was MVP worthy again?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, ok. I'll take the dice, then. /arrogance.

Awesome, though. I figured there would be more stuff that I didn't even realize I did.

Thanks again for the votes, guys. Now we need the other 4 guys to get in here and vote so we can hand out some dice/gold dice.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs all, and gratz to all my fellow townies on the win! It's been awhile since we've seen a town come out on top here at SWF and it feels awesome finally being on the town crew to stop the losing streak! =D

EDIT: Bawwwww looks like Youtube memes beat us out by like 2 hours for the streak break but whatevs, good **** town! lol

With regards to the setup, this setup is definitely town favored. It relies far too heavily on the cop getting an inno on the GF to give the scum an advantage. I think you would have been better off just making it a normal F11 setup, or perhaps making the masons lovers, which would cause them to die together if one died. Even though it was broken in town favor though, I am appreciative that you did not ******* mod, nor did you include really weird **** like a one man mafia with a cultist or some other random indy BS in a 9 man setup. This setup was far more reasonable than what the game events suggested we might be dealing with.

With that said, you did you best scum, but the town just played pretty well and we got all of our key night actions off. You guys were basically ****ed, so I wouldn't worry too much about the loss.

Personal shoutouts:

@ Zen: Towniest player in the game. By far. Mad respect for the fake posting restriction, I found that really interesting. It was really the only questionable part of your play and I had suspicions that it was fake (it seemed like a REALLY random posting restruction), but ultimately you were the easiest town read this game and you were clearly trying to bait an NK as VT. Perfect play to fit your role and toward your wincon. MVP hands down.

@ BSL: Great call on the doc protect. You played your role well (didn't draw mafia aggro) but you had some scummy moments which made you hard to read. Watch the AtE, and don't expect me to ever not call you out if you do it again in future games with me because I'll do it every time and I'll be just as much of a **** about it. I hate AtE so much because it does nothing but muddle my reads. You played your role well, but you weren't particularly pro-town in conduct.

@ Swiss: As hard to read as always, hence my investigation. I was glad I was able to clear you and by connection, ultimately J. Really helped us win the game IMO. Pretty standard play from you IMO, nothing exceptional but nothing particularly poor either.

@ J: You played too cocky, and for the record, lying as townie is ALWAYS ANTI TOWN PLAY. It does sometimes bring pro-town results, like in this game, but the act itself is inherently anti-town. I'm not saying what you did in this game is dumb, and like I said, you were lucky as hell, but at the same time don't for one second think that your lies were protown via "ends justify the means" logic, because that's not how it works. You played ok this game, but your brutal inactivity D1 and over the top cockyness D2 muddled my ability to read you well. Also, learn to read noobs and coasters better, because you were wrong on both and I was right. =P (talkin' bout Ran and Kuzi here)

@ Clownbot: You didn't seem to care about this game much at all and it made you really hard to read. Definitely my nullest read all game. GJ not getting lynched I guess, but that's poor VT play. You need to be more active and aggro with the VT role because you want to be drawing NKs.

@ Ran: You were tough to read because you often responded so awkwardly to pressure from people, and that's what got you lynched. I ended up figuring out that it was just a noob town tell, not a scum tell, but obviously the others didn't, and that isn't entirely their fault. Pay more attention to the way you word things, and always read and analyze questions posed at you very carefully and make sure you address the core points that people raise. This game is all about language and unfortunately, your strange command of the language hurt you here I think. Don't let that discourage you though. =)

@ X1: You were a null read for me for most of the game. Your response to my RVS buddying didn't give me much and I was distracted too much by Ran/BG/J/Swiss for most of the game to really focus on reading you, so good job keeping attention off you. You just got ****ed by the power of the town roles and the bad position you were in when we all claimed. You did well this game I think.

@ Kuz: You were pretty obvscum from D1 IMO but again, Ran/Swiss/J were mad distracting. Your poor activity didn't help your case, so definitely work on that. Ever since the embarrassing loss town suffered in newbie 3, I've become incredibly paranoid about coasting scum and I think SWF would do well to adopt the same mentality. Coasters need to be pressured and punished, and ultimately it put you in the spotlight that you couldn't wiggle out of. When you did post, you didn't come off too scummy, but I still think you could have done better.

As for my own play, I'm really happy to have my 3 most confident reads (Ran, Zen, Kuzi) all come out right, esp. Ran and Kuzi because I think reading new players and inactive players are my biggest weaknesses. Obviously my cop play was sub par since I pulled the N1 kill, but I think my reputation has a bit to do with that (inb4nojohns, I know that's a huge john XP). But yeah, proud of my town play, but I think my cop play was only mediocre (got a good, very helpful result, but pulled aggro I need to be avoiding).

MVP Vote: Zen

Thanks Kirbyoshi for hosting! Was a fun game, and it's good to have you back man. =D

EDIT: Just read the mafia QT and lol, thanks Kuzi but I didn't get the perfect victory I wanted, since we mislynched Ran. If people had listened to me we might have though. >:-(

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@ BSL: Great call on the doc protect. You played your role well (didn't draw mafia aggro) but you had some scummy moments which made you hard to read. Watch the AtE, and don't expect me to ever not call you out if you do it again in future games with me because I'll do it every time and I'll be just as much as a **** about it. I hate AtE so much because it does nothing but muddle my reads. You played your role well, but you weren't particularly pro-town in conduct.
i made sure to be a little bit scummy. for 2 reasons, 1) so that i wouldnt get NK'd, and 2) so that you guys think slightly scummy is my town-meta so i can get away with stuff when i play as scum.

and i still stand by the fact that i didnt AtE just to AtE. i was explaining why i was leaving. and you did blow it out of proportion and you know it. :p

Swiss

Smash Lord
GG. Town was stacked, I thought there had to be something else.

MVP: FF.

Zen never fake posting restrictions. I hated that. Decent reads all game though.

D1 myself and J played accordingly as we were masons, and refusal of content to justify was deliberate. The gambit was decent, but I don't recall having a choice in it >_> Timezones ftw. Mass claim won town the game.

My play was average, not particularly good. My top D1 pick was cop, and another noobbtown - good reads after that but 2 town in a small game? Poor play.

Kuz played decent. X1 played according to his role I guess.

BSL really stepped it up, props, wouldn't mind seeing him with red dice.

Ran - bah.

Clown - poor play imo. But it has been ages since you played.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Swiss, please never try to pull some crazy *** **** like you tried on me. I'll fall for it everytime, town or scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You responded terribly to the pressure.

However I do try remember how people respond. Respond as you feel is appropriate - and I'll get you right next time.

That and you are naturally scummy. Like, wow.

Top Bottom