• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

@Swiss: Well, I wouldn't know about your own ability to read me, by D1. But, I'm sure you can, but I don't think you will have a problem trying to read me. If you do, it's no biggie. Also, I'm not sure if I have generated much of a playstyle to be able to choose a tailored playstyle for whichever alignment I would be, but I'm sure it would be a bit different. Do you depend on this?

Correction is underlined.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Votecount 1.1

Zen: X1-12, frozenflame751 (2)
BoiledGoose: Swiss, BSL (2)
Swiss: BoiledGoose (1)
Braig: (0)
X1-12: (0)
BSL: (0)
Ranmaru: (0)
frozenflame751: (0)
Clownbot: (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is January 8, 2011, at 11:00 AM EST
If deadline were to hit now, Zen would be the lynch.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
@ MOD, so confirming we are doing plurality at deadline, not NL?

Swiss, I feel it has something to do with the timing of each vote. Zen was put at L-3 faster than I was, therefore moving him to the top of the list. In this is the case, the person who first gets their final L-X vote will be the one at the top of the list and thus be the lynch candidate when time runs out. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with Zen whatsoever.

Ran, I see you viewing the thread. Vote me, then in a different post unvote me. Lets see if I change places in the votecount

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not.

If I have a problem reading you as town by D1, would you willing to submit yourself to the cop investigation N1?

Can I rely on you to secure a reliable read on Kuz? If you were to be wrong on this read, what would this mean?
Yes, if I seem ambiguous or really scummy, I would.

Yes, you can, and we all can help in reading Kuz effectively.

Depending on the situation, it would mean alot. Especially in Mylo, it would be very bad. Although, I would try my best to read someone accurately so that it isn't hard to guess later on, and hopefully decreasing myslynches.

@ MOD, so confirming we are doing plurality at deadline, not NL?

Swiss, I feel it has something to do with the timing of each vote. Zen was put at L-3 faster than I was, therefore moving him to the top of the list. In this is the case, the person who first gets their final L-X vote will be the one at the top of the list and thus be the lynch candidate when time runs out. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with Zen whatsoever.

Ran, I see you viewing the thread. Vote me, then in a different post unvote me. Lets see if I change places in the votecount
No, I have no reason to vote you yet, plus I wouldn't want to vote you accidentally (Even though scum or town wouldn't be dumb enough to alpha strike so early [Yet I have tried this in Aimafia {Tried to hammer potential scum, got lynched, and shot that person and, he was scum alright}, but this is serious business here). Although, you can vote yourself and see if you move up in the list. :p

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
The following has been added to Rule 5 of the "Voting and Lynching" section:

Rules Post said:
If there is a tie, the player who reached the highest number of votes first will be lynched.
That should clear up any questions about the most recent votecount.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clownbot: Hello again. Remember me?
N-

=D

Has your play changed?
Can't say yet, been a couple of months since I played.

I know your scum play, does this worry you?
Not particularly.

If I were scum could I use this against you?
You tell me.

Who else here do you know?
Okay, going solely off memory... I know you from Newbie 6 where we were scum partners. I know I played another game with you... Cartoon Cartoons? You can clarify that for me if you want.

I sortakinda know X1, but I think the only game I played with him is Community, which I replaced out of pretty early.

I do know Zen from Cartoon Cartoons and, iirc, DGames/Avril Lavigne Mafia.

I know frozen from Avril Lavigne Mafia, but I think that's it.

How experienced would you say you are?
Not sure. My dice is from a Newbie game, but I was one of the newbies, kind of. I've played a somewhat decent amount, but I can think of several games, some my latest, in which I regret my play.

Clownbot:

Hi there. I have never played with you, or even heard of you for that matter. But I see you have red dice, so I already have respect for you. Wanna be best buds?

As long as you don't do anything stupid. =D

Clownbot: Sup dude, seen you around the forum games. Where you at son?
Right here bro

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
No, I have no reason to vote you yet, plus I wouldn't want to vote you accidentally (Even though scum or town wouldn't be dumb enough to alpha strike so early [Yet I have tried this in Aimafia {Tried to hammer potential scum, got lynched, and shot that person and, he was scum alright}, but this is serious business here). Although, you can vote yourself and see if you move up in the list. :p
What is this? I dont even

Alpha striking is when Scum quick hammer in LYLO or MYLO not in RVS. If I get quicklynched in RVS, trust me, the hammerer will have repercussions the next Day. Also this is not Vengeful Townie, dont play the game like it is. If you quick hammer as town, you will just be hurting the town as a whole, be considered deadweight, and killed soon after.

Also, explain to me how this is serious business? This is RVS. We are trying to find out important game mechanics and you are being quite un-cooperative.

Since you seem reluctant to put me at L-2, do you feel confident calling me town? Or are you just afraid to use your vote and cause unwanted connections?

Unvote Vote BoiledGoose

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@ Clownbot - It was Community with me too. What alignment were you there?

Do you have an opinion on Ran?
I was scum. I think Sworddancer. replaced me?

Ranmaru? Eh... Null-town so far, not much to go off of. His stuff about policy lynching seemed kind of obvious to me personally, but I do agree with it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The following has been added to Rule 5 of the "Voting and Lynching" section:

That should clear up any questions about the most recent votecount.
Kuz you make an elaborate show there of being willing to vote yourself, but must have skimmed what the mod wrote.

Were you skimming, trying to look townie, or did you take a very long time to reply?

One of those options will get you lynched - be honest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What is this? I dont even

Alpha striking is when Scum quick hammer in LYLO or MYLO not in RVS. If I get quicklynched in RVS, trust me, the hammerer will have repercussions the next Day. Also this is not Vengeful Townie, dont play the game like it is. If you quick hammer as town, you will just be hurting the town as a whole, be considered deadweight, and killed soon after.

Also, explain to me how this is serious business? This is RVS. We are trying to find out important game mechanics and you are being quite un-cooperative.

Since you seem reluctant to put me at L-2, do you feel confident calling me town? Or are you just afraid to use your vote and cause unwanted connections?

Unvote Vote BoiledGoose
Yes, that was only an example of me doing something risky. Yet, I mean Forum mafia to me is much more serious then Aim Mafia. I wouldn't do such a thing in Forum maf. I don't like the idea of practicing timing with votes, votes are powerful, I don't want to abuse that.

Not voting you doesn't mean I have a read on you yet, but I wouldn't vote you if you wanted me to. If I suspect someone, then I'd vote with reason.

Also, I was afraid of the timing of RVS. I wouldn't want to use a silly vote when RVS would be over. I do not know fully the transitioning from RVS to not RVS. :3 Hopefully with more experience, I'll notice it with ease.

But, for the sake of discussion (and since you say we are still in RVS):

Vote: Braig

Braig reminds me of BLARRGGGHHh which reminds me of Dinosaurs from Super Mario World. :3

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
we were just trying to figure out game mechanics, Ran. i dont understand how hard it is to vote, then unvote in two posts. heck, you could have your vote typed out, and your unvote copied. vote, wait 30 seconds, then unvote. its a 30 second thing. where is the risk?

the vote itself would mean nothing when looking into connections or anything. that one vote would have no power, because everyone would know the reasoning behind it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: Also, Swiss, you ask me if I am willing to submit myself to a Cop investigation. (I said yes though) I'm not so sure about that now that I realize we are in a closed setup, so, I'd like to ask everyone a question:

@All: How do you think a Cop would investigate in a closed setup? Would they wait after the night and tell who they investigated? Or is it better to use their abilities near mylo/lylo? We know that cop's should stay low, so should we trust that there IS a cop, and hope that when we are willing to submit ourselves to investigation, that we won't be night killed (to make the person asking the question a suspect through association)

Because, when we are willing to submit to being investigated, that would mean we are town and have no guilt. (I don't know of situations where this logic would fail, though) So, would scum use this to their advantage? What are your thoughts?

I hope there really is a Cop. But, even when I say this, I'll still undergo investigation. (while being unsure, it's what I must do)

Swiss

Smash Lord
Cop gets to investigate every night. You're getting investigated N1. There will be a cop, if they don't come forward, you are not lynched - they stay quiet you probably aren't lynched.

Who would you like to see tracked toNight?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

@Bsl: My vote, is my vote. I will vote when I believe it is right to do so. Why is this such a big deal with you and Kuz, Bsl?

Kuz did vote and unvote himself as well, isn't the problem solved?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
EBWOP:

@Bsl: My vote, is my vote. I will vote when I believe it is right to do so. Why is this such a big deal with you and Kuz, Bsl?

Kuz did vote and unvote himself as well, isn't the problem solved?
the 'plurality mechanic' problem was solved before his vote. when the mod adjusted the rules.

the new problem that we are now discussing is your refusal to help the rest of us solve the problem. i assume goose is concerned for the same reason as i am, though i cant say for sure.

its a big deal for that reason. you refused to help us figure out mechanics. i find it very strange.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cop gets to investigate every night. You're getting investigated N1. There will be a cop, if they don't come forward, you are not lynched - they stay quiet you probably aren't lynched.

Who would you like to see tracked toNight?
I am? Ok, so does that mean you couldn't read me yet? I have posted much content already, I'm sure you could.

But, you may. : ]

Ah ok, thank you for clearing that up.

Hmmmm, I'd say track BSL. He seems to align himself with Kuz because they really wanted me to test out the vote timing. So Kuz, if you are town, watch out, BSL seems to be right behind you. But, of course, once scum knows that, I'd hope the Tracker is smart enough NOT to take my suggestion. So, if I say someone, then track someone else you think is scummy. :3 (Or just improvise)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Hmmmm, I'd say track BSL. He seems to align himself with Kuz because they really wanted me to test out the vote timing. So Kuz, if you are town, watch out, BSL seems to be right behind you. But, of course, once scum knows that, I'd hope the Tracker is smart enough NOT to take my suggestion. So, if I say someone, then track someone else you think is scummy. :3 (Or just improvise)
i actually dont like goose this game. did you miss the part where i voted him earlier?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL you down with investigating Ran?

What do you think about you being tracked like scumRan suggests?
i dont mind being tracked. it could help, actually. not immediately, of course, but in late game. i'd love a ran investigation, lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i actually dont like goose this game. did you miss the part where i voted him earlier?
This game? Why should your vote be used when in dislike of a person? This game isn't personal, it's just a game.

Also, I don't miss anything. I read and always re-read. Plus it's pretty hard to miss that. So you say you don't like Goose... And you voted him, you could possibly be bussing.

But yes, please do investigate me N1.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
it would help late game. potentially. assuming i dont mess up.

im a little worried about Braig. Braig has two heads, which means twice the potential activity. J has more posts in this thread than Braig does. both of their posts were about confirming role PMs. if i understand correctly, J is generally less active than most, but what about the other head (leapfrogsomething, i think)? i would think that J would be trying to teach his friend how to play.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
This game? Why should your vote be used when in dislike of a person? This game isn't personal, it's just a game.

Also, I don't miss anything. I read and always re-read. Plus it's pretty hard to miss that. So you say you don't like Goose... And you voted him, you could possibly be bussing.

But yes, please do investigate me N1.
i dont like his play, is what i meant. :glare:

also, at the time of voting i didnt say "i dont like goose", i pointed out what i disliked in his play. so why would you think that?

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Swiss said:
Were you skimming, trying to look townie, or did you take a very long time to reply?
The third one, my liege. Thought about what I wanted to say in response to Ran's post for quite a bit before writing it.

@Swissai/Zen/Clownbot, How do you feel about Ran not willing to place his vote on me to test out the game mechanics yet willing to place his vote on Braig in an instant after telling him it was RVS? How do you take BSL's reaction to this and subsequent defense of my action despite Ran having a valid point that I simply could have voted myself and un-voted?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i dont like his play, is what i meant. :glare:

also, at the time of voting i didnt say "i dont like goose", i pointed out what i disliked in his play. so why would you think that?
You said that when referring to it. Why would you even mention dislike of play? So what of his play? Did he do something that was unsportsmanlike? Frowned upon? NO WAIT, you just don't like the way he answered X1's post. Some people are for policy lynches... That seems too trivial for a vote, but for an RVS vote, seems fine.

What if I don't like your play, do you believe I should vote you for that? Do you think that is fair?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
by not liking someone's play, i mean i think they are playing scummy.

does that help you out any?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes Bsl, thank you.

So, you say that you wouldn't align yourself with kuz because he was playing scummy? So if you were scum, you wouldn't defend him, because he is already seeming scummy.

Of course, then you could bus him. ;p

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I missed your post. My bad.

Ran is no doubt going to suggest that you get copped and he gets tracked, as a swap - are you OK with this?
yes. tracking me is minor. it could help, but i dont think itll be necessary. copping me would also clear up any suspicion, minus godfather, like it would when copping anyone.

the only reason i suggest not copping me is because it is unnecessary, but thats the only reason i have. and everyone can use that reason, so it has no merit.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yes Bsl, thank you.

So, you say that you wouldn't align yourself with kuz because he was playing scummy? So if you were scum, you wouldn't defend him, because he is already seeming scummy.

Of course, then you could bus him. ;p
oh, of course. i thought he was scummy, and so i distanced myself from him because of course i am scum.

it definitely isnt because i am town and wanted people to notice the scumminess.

scratch that. dont track him and cop me. cop him, track me. or whoever. i dont need to be tracked, but the tracker can if he wants.

Top Bottom