• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Legends - Wii (11/20/2007)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Name: Soul Calibur Legends
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Developer/Publisher: Namco Bandai
Projected release date: 11/20/2007

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159324
"We have little doubt Namco Bandai's working on a full-fledged fighting Soul Calibur sequel, but they're preparing a little diversion for the Nintendo fans in the audience: Soul Calibur Legends. Exclusive to the Wii platform, Soul Calibur Legends involves plenty of combat, but not in the traditional Soul Calibur sense -- this one's a third person action adventure."

Since the announcement has only been made recently, there are no development screens to speak of. Only a couple of wallpaper size artworks.

*NEW* Magazine scans!

To be truthful, I am very excited to see this coming.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's a quote from the 2nd paragraph of the article:

The announcement suggests Seigfried takes point in the storyline, but Namco Bandai promises players will play their favorites from the series -- and even introduce some new faces, too. We know little of the story, though, other than understanding the characters come together to complete "a quest for ultimate power in order to save an empire from destruction."

In other words Taki must be playable.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Who's Seigfried? EDIT: Oh, Nightmare.

All I can say is that this better turn out better than the MK Non-fighting games.

NG7

Smash Lord
DAhahaha.

I remember Sub-Zero Mythologies on 64.

I thought the 3D one with Liu Kang and Kung Lao was pretty fun though.

This game will be using Wii-mote i assume? For some reason i can't open that page :/

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
from looking at the wallpapers I believe that this game will be tight as ****, hell maybe even better than those Mk adventure games

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, remember that Namco did make a bad spin-off adventure game of an awesome fighting franchise. Death by Degrees, anyone?

But then again, this is looking awesome. And, I loved Soul Calibur III. =/

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I, for one, am doing my very best to forget Death by Degrees. Unfortunately I'm not doing a good job of that. ><

Hopefully Namco wised up from Death by Degree's shortcomings.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting I suppose. I don't really have high hopes for this though. I personally think this is a bad idea...=[

titus

Smash Journeyman
anything with soul calibur is good. i didnt like the custom chars in 3 though. i thought they needed more variety.

@Mic_128
siegfried is not nightmare. nightmare is a part of siegfried, cuz siegfried was made first.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow gotta say it looks freaking awesome, I hope we can use Nightmare, cause I dont like siegfried that much, and astaroth looks bigger than normal, I hope they improved the graphics, I mean i know its just a few screens, but for e.x. the lizardman looks hell ugly...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
WEll I am sure it will have some enhanced graphics because this is a franchise that does kind of push graphics. I never liked LM. I hope it is GC controler compatible because the Wiimote will be weird and tiring.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, in the NP article, they said they were gonna really try and push the hardware to it's limits.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I am worried about the controls the most though. I will get very tired with the Wiimote and the combos would seem to be harder. The graphics are always second for me to playability.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well the game isnt a fighter, so I doubt u have to remember many combos, its like a LoZ game, maybe by holding b and then moving the control left to right it does a certain attack...

U know nothing to hard XD

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Oh well...I am sure they will pull through with it. I hope it has the Zelda feel because Zelda is the best...then smash.
(by the way, new sig)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait until I can run around swinging my Wiimote at the enemies on screen. XP I'm not sure if I'll pick this game up as soon as it releases, but I'll definitely buy it some day.

I'm still not sure why Nintendo got the spin-off and not the actual SCIV game...But who knows, it may be for the better.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
You sure that isn't the new Tales of Symphonia game? :p

Anyway, those new videos on IGN were amazing. I was a little skeptic about the multiplayer split screen, but from the looks of it, everything ran smoothly. And wow, they have quite the scenery for that game....snowcapped mountains, Egyptian areas, hills, all kinds of crazy madness.

And did I see switchable players for the single player mode? @_@

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I'm picking it up, I still have my reserve ^_^.

And this gives Nightmare/Siegfried a better chance of getting in this SSB/next SSB game.

Hooray!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You sure that isn't the new Tales of Symphonia game? :p
um, yeah, i'm quite sure. lloyd's namco, soul calibur is namco, it's not so far fetched. Look at teh rest of the scan and try to tell me that's not SC legends, especially since one of the pictures has mitsurugi in it. and ToS's art style is completely different.

Top Bottom