• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry kids, here's why Geno won't get in. The good news? Krystal might.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know, I HAVE the instruction manual. We might as well count the Pokemon anime and Animal Crossing OVA's a canon too :rolleyes:
Actually, having watch the Animal Crossing movie, I can say that it's astoundingly accurate to its source material. It triumphs above all other video game movies for managing to not only have a plot, but to be loyal to its origins every step of the way....

And ay, Geno is fairly well popular. You get a character with enough mystique, personality and flash, and you're darn tootin' that said character will get fans.

Heck, just look at Tingle. The little guy went on to have two of his own games (one of which I'll hopefully be purchasing next week, already have the other) and I'm honestly hoping to see a third.

But really... what's so bad about Geno being playable? He represents Mario's triumphant step into the realm of RPGs, he's definitely unique looking compared to the rest of the possible entrants, his fighting style would definitely be unique, and there's more than enough source material to draw on for him to make him quite flashy.

Plus, it would be fairly interesting to have a Mario universe character who was actually more serious than the others...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Thats preposterous. Geno was a character in one game, and in no way deserves his own series. This series would also NOT end up making him more popular than Mario, Sonic, DK, Pikachu, and even **** Luigi!

I also dont see how the comment of the person you quoted makes him an Earthbound fanboy. He clearly said "Its definitely not the most popular series ever"

A fanboyist comment would have been the opposite. All I smell from your posts are that youre a very IRRATIONAL Geno fanboy.

I like Geno, but this is just pushing it.
Ok, let this marinate in your brain for awhile, chew on this. This Geno guy has only been featured in techincally ONE game, and has like the biggest fan following I've seen in years. Now just think, if he was to be featured in more games (especially Brawl) that this would only add fuel to the Forest Maze Fire. Eventually, he'd be the next icon up there with the greats like Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. You don't see it right now because you're too close minded to do such a thing.

@Vesperview, bro whatever. Atleast my 2,850 posts are full of ****! Yeah I went there, you and your stupid one liners of "Bwhahaha! Lol, he'll never make it into Brawl!" You're not a real Smash Master, you're nothing but a Smash Spammer and you've lost all my respect.

@ Earthbound is a perfect example. At first when I played Smash 64, I didn't know who the crap Ness was and I'm pretty sure some other people shared my confusion. Then I did some research and meh...ever since his comeback on Melee, he's kinda cool in my book. Same thing with Geno. Not many people will know who he is until they do some research and once they've seen that he's nothing sort of a doll thats just kicka$$, they'll warm up to the character as I have done with Ness.

vesperview

Smash Hero
he'd be the next icon up there with the greats like Mario, Megaman, and Sonic.
Hahahahahaha!

No way, no person can be this ridiculous.

@Vesperview, bro whatever. Atleast my 2,850 posts are full of ****! Yeah I went there, you and your stupid one liners of "Bwhahaha! Lol, he'll never make it into Brawl!" You're not a real Smash Master, you're nothing but a Smash Spammer and you've lost all my respect.
Please, this is the typical crap people do when they can't back up their claims, you made a stupid claim about Geno and this is what you get, and thank you for browsing through my post history and I've lost all your respect? :( No!!!!! I'm gonna go kill myself...[/sarcasm] lol, I really don't give a ****.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Ok, let this marinate in your brain for awhile, chew on this. This Geno guy has only been featured in techincally ONE game, and has like the biggest fan following I've seen in years. Now just think, if he was to be featured in more games (especially Brawl) that this would only add fuel to the Forest Maze Fire. Eventually, he'd be the next icon up there with the greats like Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. You don't see it right now because you're too close minded to do such a thing.

i am now convinced you are either

A: on crack

B; drunk outta your mind

or C: typing with your from your padded room deep inside the loony bin.

how could you actually believe the crap coming outta your mouth? There is no chance of geno ever being close to the popularity of mario, sonic or mm.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
uhhh don't get me wrong i support geno..
but they would need to destroy all mario/megaman/sonic games everywhere, erase everyone's memory, and wait for a millennium in order for geno to be as popular as them.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i am now convinced you are either

A: on crack

B; drunk outta your mind

or C: typing with your from your padded room deep inside the loony bin.

how could you actually believe the crap coming outta your mouth? There is no chance of geno ever being close to the popularity of mario, sonic or mm.
Tell me, Capt Falcon Master, did you get those wisecracks from the side of a cereal box, cause bro your punchlines are weak. And you haven't been here long enough to throw debate blows with me so just shut up or prepare to get your hindparts handed to you.

Never say never. Geno I'll admit right now is an icon underdog. Few gaming characters ever achieve "the icon" title engraved in there name. However, I just know it, Sakurai is giving an opportunity for a comeback just like the opportunity he's given to Pit. And with the firearms Geno's packing, oh he'll deliver, just you watch.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Tell me, Capt Falcon Master, did you get those wisecracks from the side of a cereal box, cause bro your punchlines are weak. And you haven't been here long enough to throw debate blows with me so just shut up or prepare to get your hindparts handed to you.

Never say never. Geno I'll admit right now is an icon underdog. Few gaming characters ever achieve "the icon" title engraved in there name. However, I just know it, Sakurai is giving an opportunity for a comeback just like the opportunity he's given to Pit. And with the firearms Geno's packing, oh he'll deliver, just you watch.
it wasnt a cereal box it was a bubble gum wrapper :laugh:

and i really dont believe that geno will ever be able to match up to the true icons.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
it wasnt a cereal box it was a bubble gum wrapper :laugh:

and i really dont believe that geno will ever be able to match up to the true icons.
Meh....icon. I bet you and vesperdork don't even know the meaning of the word, and ignorant people like yourselves, well, lets just say that I'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to convince you that Geno will be the newest face among gaming icons in the near future.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Meh....icon. I bet you and vesperdork don't even know the meaning of the word, and ignorant people like yourselves, well, lets just say that I'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to convince you that Geno will be the newest face among gaming icons in the near future.
Stop before you humiliate yourself.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Oh please, you're the only ****** in these boards who thinks a one hit wonder like Geno will become an icon like Mario, Megaman or Sonic if he gets included in Brawl, calling us ignorant is the epitome of irony.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Geno will never be iconic lulz, infact hes just a star inrl for all we know he was hidden in one of the paintings in mario 64. (jk)

but seriously There are characters far more important, and iconic to their series than geno will ever be.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
yea the cavalry has arrived. This guy has been around so long i think he's got alztimers (no offense to any old folks who actually have it). This guy is not just crazy, hes super crazy. But anyways i still think that bowser jr. has a better chance of getting in then geno does.
At least bowser Jr is canon to the mario series, and is current... if Geno wanted to be in smash he should been in Smash64 during a time where people possibly recognized him for that 1 time partner role he played.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Geno won't ever be as iconic as characters like Sonic or Mario, but he's pretty cool and popular now as it is. His chances of getting in Brawl is as good as Bowser Jr.'s

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
Holy cow! you guys are angry! I personally don't want Geno in (i've never played super mario rpg), but would it really kill you if he did get in? Would you die if he didn't? I mean, it's already too late to change anything as it's so far (and likely finished) in development; speculation is fine, but this is too much haterade.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Nintendo has yet to put a minor character from any game in. That's why. Let's take a look at all the characters released in any smash game so far. Every single one of them was major in some way. Sorry guys, but a character who played a tiny part in a small game isn't going to have much of a chance of getting in.

Midna (Twilight Princess) - played a medium role in ONE "Zelda" game. Not a very good chance of getting in. Not any better than any other medium zelda character (The Wind Fish, for example)

The story In TP didnt really even start until Midna came along, and the story was resolved around of collecting the mirrors so she can get back her orginal form and return to her homeland.
"Was in ONE game" - Sheik says hi

Captain Olimar - very good chance of getting in. Star character of new nintendo series "Pikmin".

He does have a good chance of getting in but why is that here

Geno - minor character in Super Mario RPG, has showed up as a minor NPC in other games. Low chance of getting in. I'd put him up there with, say, "Tarin the cucco farmer" from the Zelda games.

Like Midna, SMRPG didnt really start until Mario & Mallow met Geno and started helping him. With his help, they stopped Smithys plans and returned the world to Peace

Star Wolf - minor enemy of Fox in early Star Fox games. Showed up as a minor character in Assault as well. Medium chance of getting in, only since there aren't many SF games.

He was one of Fox's main rivals and I think is favored in Japan

Skull Kid - Extremely minor character in Zelda Oot, played a slightly larger role in MM, hasn't been seen since. Chance of getting in: Next to none.

He was the main antagonist in MM, that is a large role. His latest apperance was in TP at Sacred Ground.

Captain K. Rool - Major enemy of Donkey Kong. Stands a good chance of getting in. However, in the SSE video it showed a koopa stealing DK's bananas which slightly diminishes the chances of K.Rool's appearance, but we'll have to see.

That dosent really confirm anything, It might only confirm that K. Rool is not in SSE and might have to be unlocked adifferent way

Knuckles - Playable character in some Sonic games. Medium chance but Tails has a better chance of making it in.

Neither of them have a chances as a PC. Only one 3rd party chracter from each Franchise will be a PC.

Isaac - Major character in Golden Sun series. Hopefully Sakurai will remember to put him in, I'll be surprised if he's left out.

Krystal - major character in more recent Star Fox games. Good chance of replacing Falco.

No one has said it had to be one or the other to be a PC. Falco & Krystal both can be playable.

Tingle - minor character in a few Zelda games. No chance of getting into Brawl whatsoever.

As much as I hate to say it, he has a minor chance of getting in since he was the star of the 2 games he had & is popular in Japan for some odd reason. But I wouldnt count on it.
My post are in red and bold

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I'll be happy if both Geno and Bowser Jr could get in (which could be the case if the Mario series could get two reps).

Anyways, Vesperview beat me to it. Both have good chances since Sakurai has shown interest in Geno 4 times (5 actually) in his poll/journal and Bowser Jr is a recurring villain in the Mario series.

BTW Deuceblade if you want info on those journal entries about Sakurai showning interest in Geno I suggest PM'ing Fatmanonice about that since he has the translated journal entries and knows more about it than I do.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I'll be happy if both Geno and Bowser Jr could get in (which could be the case if the Mario series could get two reps).

Anyways, Vesperview beat me to it. Both have good chances since Sakurai has shown interest in Geno 4 times (5 actually) in his poll/journal and Bowser Jr is a recurring villain in the Mario series.

BTW Deuceblade if you want info on those journal entries about Sakurai showning interest in Geno I suggest PM'ing Fatmanonice about that since he has the translated journal entries and knows more about it than I do.
Thanks for the tip, and I 100% agree that having Geno and bowser jr both get in would be great while I do favor Jr, I wouldn't mind geno getting in also.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No they aren't Bowser Jr's chances are much higher.
Yes because it's not like there's been many things that brought Bowser Jr's chances down... /sarcasm

1. All the characters that are playable in Brawl have independence. Bowser Jr can't truely function without his father and is comparable to Waluigi or even Toad (two characters that have already been deconfirmed for playable spots). The SSE videos have even shown us that Bowser is working solo and doing things that normally Bowser Jr would do for him. Should I also mention that all the Mario characters that are playable have been playable in at least canon game? Unlike Bowser Jr, Geno already has this base covered.

2. Pichu and Dark Samus have basically been deconfirmed and has basically shown that Sakurai isn't very interested in adding characters that are basically different variations of characters that are already playable. Bowser Jr's character design is a modified version of Baby Bowser and he was even his replacement in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. One may argue that this kills Wind Waker Link, Paper Mario, and Luigi's chances to become playable but unlike Bowser Jr, they actually star in their own games and are thus more important.

3. In all the canon games that Bowser Jr has been in, he's taller then Mario but slighly shorter then Peach so it's extremelly unlikely that this would change. Because of his body structure, he's naturally heavier then Mario and because Mario is the standard for height and weight, Bowser Jr would be close to being a heavy class character and, as we all know, Bowser is a heavy class character. Because of this, there would be very little that would differentiate Bowser Jr from Bowser when it comes to basic stats.

4. Of the characters that appeared at least once in Sakurai's journal, Bowser Jr wasn't one of them. These were the Mario characters that were mentioned: Toad (one entry: Peach's B attack), Koopa Troopa (one entry: normal enemy), Hammer Bros (one entry: assist trophy), Petey Pirhanna (one entry: boss), Mallow (one entry), and last but not least, Geno (five entries). The 290 entries that appear in this journal are the 290 entries submitted into the offical Brawl poll that interested/amused Sakurai and his staff the most. Obviously, this matters a lot and Sakurai has already told us about several characters that were highly requested but got the shaft: Little Mac, Deoxyes, Saki, and Waluigi. So far, all the characters that have become playable have either 1. were mentioned in Sakurai's journal at least twice (Lucas- two times, Diddy Kong- four times, Ike- four times, and King Dedede-five times), 2. were mentioned by Sakurai in interviews (like Sonic) and 3. appeared in the 2001 offical Melee Poll (Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Metaknight were all the third most requested characters in their respective categories, King Dedede was the 4th most requested character overall and Pit was suggested 5 times like Geno). Obviously, Bowser Jr doesn't fall in any of these categories.

5. Bowser Jr's uniquess has gone downhill since his creation. Despite having the Shadow Mario form and the paintbrush in Super Mario Sunshine, he never truely fought with them and he strangely loses them after Mario Power Tennis. In the New Super Mario Bros, Bowser attacks uses especially generic attacks like jumping and throwing shells and is a mere miniboss that's the equivalent of Birdo or Petey Pirhanna (both characters who have actually appeared in more games oddly enough). In Super Mario Galaxy, you only fight him once and he attacks you from a flying ship. Keep in mind that like Waluigi and Daisy, he's been used most often as a filler character in the spinoff games. The fact that he has "Bowser" in his name doesn't exactly help his case either... I don't even have to explain why Geno runs circles around Bowser Jr in this category.

So, in the end, Paper Mario and Geno are really the only Mario reps that don't have a ton going against them. Besides, Bowser Jr will just be playable again like Daisy and Waluigi once the next spinoff comes out so, if you ask me, I'd rather have a character that I might not get the chance to play as again.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Yes because it's not like there's been many things that brought Bowser Jr's chances down... /sarcasm

1. All the characters that are playable in Brawl have independence. Bowser Jr can't truely function without his father and is comparable to Waluigi or even Toad (two characters that have already been deconfirmed for playable spots). The SSE videos have even shown us that Bowser is working solo and doing things that normally Bowser Jr would do for him. Should I also mention that all the Mario characters that are playable have been playable in at least canon game? Unlike Bowser Jr, Geno already has this base covered.

2. Pichu and Dark Samus have basically been deconfirmed and has basically shown that Sakurai isn't very interested in adding characters that are basically different variations of characters that are already playable. Bowser Jr's character design is a modified version of Baby Bowser and he was even his replacement in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. One may argue that this kills Wind Waker Link, Paper Mario, and Luigi's chances to become playable but unlike Bowser Jr, they actually star in their own games and are thus more important.

3. In all the canon games that Bowser Jr has been in, he's taller then Mario but slighly shorter then Peach so it's extremelly unlikely that this would change. Because of his body structure, he's naturally heavier then Mario and because Mario is the standard for height and weight, Bowser Jr would be close to being a heavy class character and, as we all know, Bowser is a heavy class character. Because of this, there would be very little that would differentiate Bowser Jr from Bowser when it comes to basic stats.

4. Of the characters that appeared at least once in Sakurai's journal, Bowser Jr wasn't one of them. These were the Mario characters that were mentioned: Toad (one entry: Peach's B attack), Koopa Troopa (one entry: normal enemy), Hammer Bros (one entry: assist trophy), Petey Pirhanna (one entry: boss), Mallow (one entry), and last but not least, Geno (five entries). The 290 entries that appear in this journal are the 290 entries submitted into the offical Brawl poll that interested/amused Sakurai and his staff the most. Obviously, this matters a lot and Sakurai has already told us about several characters that were highly requested but got the shaft: Little Mac, Deoxyes, Saki, and Waluigi. So far, all the characters that have become playable have either 1. were mentioned in Sakurai's journal at least twice (Lucas- two times, Diddy Kong- four times, Ike- four times, and King Dedede-five times), 2. were mentioned by Sakurai in interviews (like Sonic) and 3. appeared in the 2001 offical Melee Poll (Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Metaknight were all the third most requested characters in their respective categories, King Dedede was the 4th most requested character overall and Pit was suggested 5 times like Geno). Obviously, Bowser Jr doesn't fall in any of these categories.

5. Bowser Jr's uniquess has gone downhill since his creation. Despite having the Shadow Mario form and the paintbrush in Super Mario Sunshine, he never truely fought with them and he strangely loses them after Mario Power Tennis. In the New Super Mario Bros, Bowser attacks uses especially generic attacks like jumping and throwing shells and is a mere miniboss that's the equivalent of Birdo or Petey Pirhanna (both characters who have actually appeared in more games oddly enough). In Super Mario Galaxy, you only fight him once and he attacks you from a flying ship. Keep in mind that like Waluigi and Daisy, he's been used most often as a filler character in the spinoff games. The fact that he has "Bowser" in his name doesn't exactly help his case either... I don't even have to explain why Geno runs circles around Bowser Jr in this category.

So, in the end, Paper Mario and Geno are really the only Mario reps that don't have a ton going against them. Besides, Bowser Jr will just be playable again like Daisy and Waluigi once the next spinoff comes out so, if you ask me, I'd rather have a character that I might not get the chance to play as again.
I have to disagree with some of the things you said.

1. Bowser Jr is considered the Main antagonist of Super Mario Sunshine, and played an extremely large role in New super mario bros., and from playing those games personally its obvious Bowser jr can not only function without bowser.. but creates some pretty dynamic plots and events, and unlock Waluigi and Toad... Bowser jr is not filler but a main character truely comparable to Bowser himself recently, and being playable in other games doesn't affect their chances no matter what franchise, and Geno was in an rpg.. where nearly every character who is good will be playable.

2. Bowser jr. has a different personality than Bowser, and of course he is similar to Bowser it is his son, it would actually make less sense for them to be extremely different, but thats not to say he couldn't have a unique moveset, you say Bowser jr doesn't star in any game.. But the characters you compared him to were protagonist of their games.. obviously they are the star.. but even so.. Bowser jr has served main antagonist roles proving he does star in a game.

3. Size does not matter, especially in the mario and smash series.

4. While his journals and the poll are important Im sure Sakurai has noticed more things while developing the games over the past years.. it would be foolish for someone to think he completely ignored everything new after he wrote the entries.

5. You aren't seeing his stardom for what it is.. Bowser jr recently has become extremely canon to the series making him Bowser's sidekick, and possibly the equivalent of Luigi to mario.. if not more important due to his major roles.

I do understand some of the points you have made, but some of the others are a bit over board.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have to disagree with some of the things you said.

1. Bowser Jr is considered the Main antagonist of Super Mario Sunshine, and played an extremely large role in New super mario bros., and from playing those games personally its obvious Bowser jr can not only function without bowser.. but creates some pretty dynamic plots and events, and unlock Waluigi and Toad... Bowser jr is not filler but a main character truely comparable to Bowser himself recently, and being playable in other games doesn't affect their chances no matter what franchise, and Geno was in an rpg.. where nearly every character who is good will be playable. Bowser was still the main antagonist and was basically a pawn in all three of his canon appearances. As I said, he's dependent on his father and if Bowser wasn't in a game and he was, it'd be extremelly awkward because of this.

2. Bowser jr. has a different personality than Bowser, This is a fighting game, not try outs for a stage production. Personality really doesn't play a role in fighting games because character development is usually absent. and of course he is similar to Bowser it is his son, it would actually make less sense for them to be extremely different, but thats not to say he couldn't have a unique moveset, you say Bowser jr doesn't star in any game.. But the characters you compared him to were protagonist of their games.. obviously they are the star.. but even so.. Bowser jr has served main antagonist roles proving he does star in a game. He wasn't the main antagonist of any of those games, that's the point. It's like arguing that Birdo was more important then Wart in SMB2 simply because he/she appeared more. Also, a lot of Bowser Jrs attacks are based on attacks that Bowser uses so the premise becomes, would you prefer a character that actually offers something unique or something that's been seen before?

3. Size does not matter, especially in the mario and smash series. But it does matter when you want to have a character that's as different from their counterpart as possible. If you think about it, Bower Jr could easily compared to Pichu in this regard: a baby version of an already playable character.

4. While his journals and the poll are important Im sure Sakurai has noticed more things while developing the games over the past years.. it would be foolish for someone to think he completely ignored everything new after he wrote the entries. The offical poll ended back in June 06. Because of this, it is strongly believed that Sakurai and his staff decided the final roster by September 06. When designing a game, things have to be planned out and it's not like you can add things in the course of an afternoon. Even if things had drastically changed (which they really haven't), it was shown that Sakurai really wasn't all that interested in Bowser Jr and Sakurai has already dumped characters like Daisy and Waluigi that run circles around him in terms of popularity.

5. You aren't seeing his stardom for what it is.. Bowser jr recently has become extremely canon to the series making him Bowser's sidekick, and possibly the equivalent of Luigi to mario.. if not more important due to his major roles. I pointed out how his overall significance as greatly decreased since he premiered in Super Mario Sunshine and how he's basically a replacement for all the "mini Bowsers" that have appeared in the past. Trust me, give it another 10 years and he'll go the way of Iggy, Roy, Larry, etc.

I do understand some of the points you have made, but some of the others are a bit over board.
My responses in red.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
ha ha I laugh at Geno fans. When the Japinees game comes out and they deconfirm Geno im gonna post in huge letters in the geno thread
"HA Ha, I told you so!!!"

Enigma14

Smash Champion
ha ha I laugh at Geno fans. When the Japinees game comes out and they deconfirm Geno im gonna post in huge letters in the geno thread
how suitable for your name

anyways if Geno does get in I'm just going to main him, if PM or Jr. get in, cool, just as long as they are different from Mario.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite sure Lyn had a better chance then Roy... Lyn didn't make it. Your saying Roy will make it since he was the main character for ONE Fire Emblem game... But Marth on the other hand is like the only person who has beeen in more then one Fire Emblem game. (Not including Marcus... No ones suppose to use him anyway. <_<)

PoKeMoN Trainer is in only one up to date game... Which is Leafgreen and Firered.

You also say a Koopa, which has nothing to do with King K Rool will lower his chances... Pfft... The point that they aren't showing EVERY villan in the SEE straight away. Like Dedede...

Mewtwo I think is the lead enemy for two movies... That's also wrong.

Pichu and Young Link or any other clone would not take 10 seconds to make it could take a few days... You think making clones for games are easy? Try making a Sonic clone with a full sprite sheet. :D

Ps. If Geno, Pacman, Megaman or Bomberman don't make it in. There is next Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
You do realize your a very ignorant being.
In any other matter I think all the debates are going to come to an end shortly, and all we can do now is play the waiting game.
We will know soon enough.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
but seriously There are characters far more important, and iconic to their series than geno will ever be.
Only because Geno is owned by Square and he's difficult for Nintendo to use as a repeatedly reoccurring character, especially since relations between the two companies have sucked since the end of the SNES era.

I'm quite sure Lyn had a better chance then Roy... Lyn didn't make it. Your saying Roy will make it since he was the main character for ONE Fire Emblem game... But Marth on the other hand is like the only person who has beeen in more then one Fire Emblem game. (Not including Marcus... No ones suppose to use him anyway. <_<)
I assume you mean pre-Ike. Practically every character in FE: Path of Radiance appears in two games.

But yeah, before those two games, Marcus (ew) and Marth were the only two characters playable in more than one FE game. Roy did appear in the last scene in FE7 and Eliwood did appear at the very beginning of FE8 and played a meaningless role (and was a bonus character for trial maps but that does not count).

Lyn had more fanbase and more chance than anyone other than Ike from international FE releases. The fact she did not get in pretty much skills Roy, Eliwood, Hector, and anyone else from a GBA release's chance. Micaiah only has a slight chance because she is recent and could prove to be incredibly unique, but even then her chances are slim to none.

PoKeMoN Trainer is in only one up to date game... Which is Leafgreen and Firered.
I think that was just the design they used... the trainer is probably supposed to represent all of the trainers all the way back to R, B, Y.

Mewtwo I think is the lead enemy for two movies... That's also wrong.
Movies don't really count, since Sakurai said he was focusing on the games more. General popularity is still a factor, movies are a boost in that area, but "X character was in movies" will probably not be a direct factor at a character getting in.

Cless

Smash Champion
If the OP knew what the was talking about with all the characters that had been included, I might have listened, but since such in not the case...

Anyway, did this devolve into a Geno argument?

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Animcal Crosser has enough moves and unique traits to be a fighter.
Very true, not including their main items. When you customize your house you notice many thing that are for fighters like the Boxing Bag and Sit Up Machine. Why shouldn't a Animal Crossing human be in? I would main it. :D

I think that was just the design they used... the trainer is probably supposed to represent all of the trainers all the way back to R, B, Y.
I'm sure I said up to date. D:

Movies don't really count, since Sakurai said he was focusing on the games more. General popularity is still a factor, movies are a boost in that area, but "X character was in movies" will probably not be a direct factor at a character getting in.
Well thing (the guy who made this thread.) was talking about movies so I just replied.

I assume you mean pre-Ike. Practically every character in FE: Path of Radiance appears in two games.

But yeah, before those two games, Marcus (ew) and Marth were the only two characters playable in more than one FE game. Roy did appear in the last scene in FE7 and Eliwood did appear at the very beginning of FE8 and played a meaningless role (and was a bonus character for trial maps but that does not count).

Lyn had more fanbase and more chance than anyone other than Ike from international FE releases. The fact she did not get in pretty much skills Roy, Eliwood, Hector, and anyone else from a GBA release's chance. Micaiah only has a slight chance because she is recent and could prove to be incredibly unique, but even then her chances are slim to none.
Sorry didn't make it clear enough... I meant playable sorry.

Top Bottom