• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel Raxxel What is your updated stances (if any) on ZZ5 and Pythag right now? How's the reads list coming?
It's late right now. I have to say that void and Mamboo's exits have been a bit disruptive. I need to give this thread another read through. But Z25 is definitely, by process of elimination, on the scummier end of the spectrum. Lore WAS my scummiest read, I legitimately thought they were playing up their irritation towards the haikus. But clearly they were actually angered. The alignment of whoever takes his place won't change, but I have to reconsider my read on that slot now.

I need to read Pythag's content once through again. They're very null to me at the moment.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Lore* not void

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. Final question: Why aren't you voting right now?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've seen that behavior happen before when frustrated. Remembering their plays as scum, I think the idea that they left after being tunneled as scum makes a lot of sense.
Hm...

osieorb18 osieorb18 is it bad that I think this is a good post?

I’m can’t support a Lore lynch until a replacement arrives, but that reminds me that Lore DID do basically the same thing last time he was mafia.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ok. Final question: Why aren't you voting right now?
I'd like a cote count first. I'm pretty sure Z is close to being lynched and we still have a few days before the deadline hits. I'd like to give us time still to talk more before we lynch someone, especially with two replacements on the way.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dooplissity Dooplissity Mod Request VoteCount. Also can you list how much is needed to lynch, with deadline, thank you. (I know this is a lot, sorry)

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dooplissity Dooplissity Mod Request VoteCount. Also can you list how much is needed to lynch, with deadline, thank you. (I know this is a lot, sorry)
with 11 of us, 6 votes are needed for a lynch I believe.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh wait this is still bad, never mind.

Exactly how is Lore’s flip helpful in comparison to any other player’s flip?
Could give good info on Xi and allow us to re look at the interactions they had with pause and how those responses from others could be viewed. It’s a good talking point and with their behavior being strikingly similar to past games I think there’s a lot to learn from that flip

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
The quotes you’re referencing have very little to do with getting to know me more except perhaps as an experiment to see how my thought process works

I was thinking in a more general personality and play style since and I would hardly say “I’ll do it later” was “actively discouraging” like honestly

Also I think it’s really stupid to be talking about “low activity” when there’s five bloody days per day. I’m not gonna sit around here for those full five days nope I’ve got more pressing matters to attend to which I assumed was the entire point if super long phases was to accommodate people with busy schedules because there is no heckin way an active 11 player mafia game needs that long to make a decision it just doesn’t

(sorry not sorry about criticizing the way things are done, I was provoked, so here you have my feelings on the matter)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#433 Does not seem like a full catch up, and seems like he is voting where he was implying he'd lead into from agreeing with Osie. Z25 Z25 You said you had a few town reads, what were those, and did they develop further, or did they change? Who else is scum besides Lore, and why?

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
null-scum.
Sigh

Could I maybe get some details here like idk why you feel that way and also how long have you known him and what do you think about him and how long have you played mafia do you know very many people here what do you think about yourself

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Oh wait this is still bad, never mind.

Exactly how is Lore’s flip helpful in comparison to any other player’s flip?
If he can't read me, then maybe... Possibly one other piece of information, but mostly it just seems to probably be scum.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The quotes you’re referencing have very little to do with getting to know me more except perhaps as an experiment to see how my thought process works

I was thinking in a more general personality and play style since and I would hardly say “I’ll do it later” was “actively discouraging” like honestly

Also I think it’s really stupid to be talking about “low activity” when there’s five bloody days per day. I’m not gonna sit around here for those full five days nope I’ve got more pressing matters to attend to which I assumed was the entire point if super long phases was to accommodate people with busy schedules because there is no heckin way an active 11 player mafia game needs that long to make a decision it just doesn’t

(sorry not sorry about criticizing the way things are done, I was provoked, so here you have my feelings on the matter)
This is an overly defensive response.
That said, I don't like this post,
Sigh

Could I maybe get some details here like idk why you feel that way and also how long have you known him and what do you think about him and how long have you played mafia do you know very many people here what do you think about yourself
I do like this however, you show a clear interest in Pythag's justification towards his read on someone as opposed to taking a short answer and leaving it there. Definitely comes across as town.

osieorb18

Smash Ace

Okay. I find that asking for reads is a standard and reasonable method of furthering interaction, but if you would prefer something else, I can oblige.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Could give good info on Xi and allow us to re look at the interactions they had with pause and how those responses from others could be viewed. It’s a good talking point and with their behavior being strikingly similar to past games I think there’s a lot to learn from that flip
I fundamentally disagree with you here, but that's alright. Info-lynches of maybe-towns should rarely be our goal.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
funnier6 funnier6 and ExLight ExLight I don't care about a full reads list at this point, but I would like y'all to try to form 1-3 scum reads during this day so we can sort you better. Or at least, comment on the ZZ5 / Lore wagons, and state whether or not you'd place your votes there or not.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I find that asking for reads is a standard and reasonable method of furthering interaction, but if you would prefer something else, I can oblige.
The argument there was that I didn’t really see “I’ll answer that later” as discouraging people from talking to me

And yes I still plan to answer it eventually but I’m procrastinating as we speak and I really should sleep tonight

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
#433 Does not seem like a full catch up, and seems like he is voting where he was implying he'd lead into from agreeing with Osie. Z25 Z25 You said you had a few town reads, what were those, and did they develop further, or did they change? Who else is scum besides Lore, and why?
Out of everyone currently,
Xi and you I could see more likely to be town, I haven’t taken too much issue towards either of your contents except the hikus but that’s better now.

other scum I would put as either kary, pythag then maybe ex.

mambo behavior wise would make sense as for not helping a potential lore scum if we go with that theory which I do think makes a lot of sense.

Pythag I legitimately forgot was in this for awhile which is odd as he’s a lot more notable usually. And then ex would be a guess if the others weren’t it but it’s more of a potential gut read there. Everyone else is null atm

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I fundamentally disagree with you here, but that's alright. Info-lynches of maybe-towns should rarely be our goal.
That’s fair, I don’t expect that to be everyone’s mindset, just that I’ve seen this play style be pretty helpful in games and can give solid answers. It’s definitely not what should be priority but I personally don’t find it a bad day one play

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
But you address him
As if you think he is town.
F.o.S: Pythag.
My Mafia Opinions:

FoS is gross and useless and a fantastic way to throw shade as scum without committing with a vote in order to plant seeds and make others do your work for you

I don’t want to get into a debate atm but JUST SO YOU KNOW
damn you got real mad at that huh
Lol it kind of seems like the sort of thing I’d throw a fit about

Ob the bright side, the grossness of asking for a replacement and calling someone out in the process solidifies that town read I had for some reason

Which I know yes the read is gross but unfortunately very solid
I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff, I'm high activity, super paranoid, and I either burn out or panic easily.
NOT TRUE

If a bunch of other people are scum reading you I SAVE YOU (or fail at saving you sorry) because that usually means mafia is taking advantage of your insanity to mislynch you. Which I’ve done a fair bit :sweat:
I used to lie a lot as town, but I've been trying to redeem myself lately and being completely honest unless it's completely necessary to.
*Still lie a lot as town because somehow ITS ALWAYS COMPLETELY NECESSARY

Also what do you think of em so far

I just keep skimming through almost everyone’s posts somehow

osieorb18

Smash Ace
My Mafia Opinions:

FoS is gross and useless and a fantastic way to throw shade as scum without committing with a vote in order to plant seeds and make others do your work for you

I don’t want to get into a debate atm but JUST SO YOU KNOW
That is fair. I think that you have to allow for multiple scumreads in day 1 of any game with more than 5 people though. I could say that any read other than a strong townread or a vote is shade, but that's a ridiculous extreme in my opinion.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
That is fair. I think that you have to allow for multiple scumreads in day 1 of any game with more than 5 people though. I could say that any read other than a strong townread or a vote is shade, but that's a ridiculous extreme in my opinion.
I don’t disagree with having multiple scum reads it’s simply the “FoS” way of marking it and making it known that always hits me as so slimy

Put them as scum in your reads list, say you’re thinking about lynching them instead or tomorrow but eugh stating it as a FoS is so bark without zero bite

It’s like the easy peasy scum slip I used to find in two minutes of people who tried to get town cred by posting “all these RVS posts aren’t helpful, we should be serious now” in RVS without actually ever doing anything serious and just expecting someone else to do it for them

Its hollow

Blast I debated it anyway

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Also in case y’all haven’t noticed

I really really love arguing

So do try not to take anything personal

I promise I’m less insane typically

Ex can verify it’s like I’m somebody else when I play mafia

Seeing things I disagree with and blowing things out of proportion is how I get things done basically

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is bordering game theory. FOS is fine if you are already voting, and it's needed in Lylo since votes are risky that phase. Would rather see your thoughts on ZZ5 / Lore wagons, and / or 1-3 scum reads instead. Fine with you arguing about game content.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
This is bordering game theory. FOS is fine if you are already voting, and it's needed in Lylo since votes are risky that phase. Would rather see your thoughts on ZZ5 / Lore wagons, and / or 1-3 scum reads instead. Fine with you arguing about game content.
It IS game theory

that’s why I started it off as “My Mafia Opinions:”

I’m gonna assume the rest of this is meant for me and answer with

People I remember who are in the game:

Poy
Ex
Osi poetry (guy? gal? Everyone is a dude until they inform me otherwise)
Both people getting replaced are pretty memorable for getting replaced
Except I just remembered the Kirby one got replaced a while back and I have zero zip clue who they are or if they’ve even posted

People I remember sometimes:

Shy guy dude, Pyth is his name or something? Something like Pythagorean idk

there’s some other people I can remember names and avatars sorta but can’t remember anything they’ve actually said

I plan to read the thread and form opinions on it at some point during this day

Hate to disappoint but that will likely not be soon

Really the only semblance of a read of a read I have is on Ex who’s been pretty chill and seems to be idk trying to fit in and say hi to everybody

Which idk that’s actually not quite what I’d usually expect there but something about it struck me particularly Ill have to look for it when I reread

Also Another Mafia Opinion:

It’s weird enough to openly replace out in the thread without that being a private thing with the mod but to also call out a particular player and say they are the reason you will no longer be playing is insanely messed up not only to that person but to the entire game and if it was me he’d be chewed out and modkilled in a blink

You should never ever get personal with someone in a game thread nuh uh nope and that should’ve been taken up privately with game mod imo

Also btw who are you person who’s post I quoted don’t believe we’ve met

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As long as you are getting on it, it is fine. I suggest starting on it tomorrow, my catch up took an hour or two. Nice to meet you, I am Ranmaru. Welcome to Dgames.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Who asked for meta?
One of the first things I said in thread was that I was going to post my meta as an introduction once I were on my computer, I did it

you and Haiku might not care, but some other people might; and it might save everyone some headaches since first days can get pretty turbulent with me around when people don't understand that I might not act like they expect

ExLight

Smash Lord
Alright, that’s what I thought. osieorb18 osieorb18 , would you consider this an unprompted defense or a genuine self-presentation of information? I want to make sure ExLight isn’t pre-emptively saying their usually scumread to make up for being scumread in the future.
I get lynched D1 in 25%~30% of my cases and in around 80% of my town games I get at least one wagon on me with 4 or more votes at some point lol

does that give you a better picture

funfun can confirm my meta info

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is better if you just provide links to your most recent town and mafia games. Those will speak for themselves.

Top Bottom