• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Can I get some more
From you in the way of thoughts
On Z-Twenty-Five?
Null-scum read and a good place to put initial pressure I think. I think they are more scummy than Lore because Z25 immediately retracted their criticism with “this is better” when you posted your haiku wall. Seems to want to withdraw from their position to look like scumhunting, while Lore is continuing their stance even though they are perfectly aware that it may not “look good”.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Null-scum read and a good place to put initial pressure I think. I think they are more scummy than Lore because Z25 immediately retracted their criticism with “this is better” when you posted your haiku wall. Seems to want to withdraw from their position to look like scumhunting, while Lore is continuing their stance even though they are perfectly aware that it may not “look good”.
I think you're too deep.
Maybe a duck is a duck?
Z could be real.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
/out, Request: Replacement

I came here to play mafia, not to have to deal with someone being cutesy and posting in an irritating way. Between that and the provocation, I really could not care less about continuing this game.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Done with practice. I'll be catching up and will have a post tonight. I am liking the activity.

ExLight

Smash Lord
/out, Request: Replacement

I came here to play mafia, not to have to deal with someone being cutesy and posting in an irritating way. Between that and the provocation, I really could not care less about continuing this game.
damn you got real mad at that huh

osieorb18

Smash Ace
damn you got real mad at that huh
Yeah, okay. That's just excessive. This is a Mafia game, not an eSport or anything like that. I don't sympathize with rage-quitting over this. It's just poor form. If that is a town-slot, hopefully their replacement will show more sportsmanship.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I felt like it was the opposite. But they're replacing out so I don't know. I don't want to analyze that since it's not really kosher, though.

ExLight

Smash Lord
honestly D1 is pretty much a shot in the dark and if it would save the host some headaches from the whole finding subs stuff I'm fine with lynching whoever is subbing out

ExLight

Smash Lord
AIGHT my meta thing lesee

I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff, I'm high activity, super paranoid, and I either burn out or panic easily.

I don't have a definitive meta because I like trying different approaches, but apparently I OMGUS, and infofish, and tinfoil a lot as town
I used to lie a lot as town, but I've been trying to redeem myself lately and being completely honest unless it's completely necessary to.

I either get lynched D1 25% of the time or get night killed around N3.

uh that's it

literally copy and pasted from the last game I had to tell someone my meta

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
AIGHT my meta thing lesee

I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff, I'm high activity, super paranoid, and I either burn out or panic easily.

I don't have a definitive meta because I like trying different approaches, but apparently I OMGUS, and infofish, and tinfoil a lot as town
I used to lie a lot as town, but I've been trying to redeem myself lately and being completely honest unless it's completely necessary to.

I either get lynched D1 25% of the time or get night killed around N3.

uh that's it

literally copy and pasted from the last game I had to tell someone my meta
Who asked for meta?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff,
Nobody, as far as I can tell.
Alright, that’s what I thought. osieorb18 osieorb18 , would you consider this an unprompted defense or a genuine self-presentation of information? I want to make sure ExLight isn’t pre-emptively saying their usually scumread to make up for being scumread in the future.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore , would you keep playing if Osie didn’t post haikus?
Nah. Between the haiku nonsense and their crying about sportsmanship after unneeded provocations, I genuinely don't want to continue participating in a game with this player.

There are a million better things I could be doing with my time instead of dealing with this crap.

That's my last post, later.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Alright, that’s what I thought. osieorb18 osieorb18 , would you consider this an unprompted defense or a genuine self-presentation of information? I want to make sure ExLight isn’t pre-emptively saying their usually scumread to make up for being scumread in the future.
Probably not quite that, but it is weird.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I think Lore would be more likely to rage quit in this scenario as caught scum.
This is possible. One way or another, good riddance. It's kinda depressing if both of the replacements are wolves, and I'm actually thinking that he might be just badly tunneled town, but it wouldn't surprise me one way or another.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is possible. One way or another, good riddance. It's kinda depressing if both of the replacements are wolves, and I'm actually thinking that he might be just badly tunneled town, but it wouldn't surprise me one way or another.
You think maybe Lore quit because his teammate wasn't doing him any favors?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Town Leaning
#143 Good post, reasonable.

#176 Solid stance on Osie, which he posted 10 minutes after my push on Osie.

#191 Fair post at this point, since scum don't seem to be claiming in the open.

#209 Good post.

#213 Reasonable.

#219 The only thing I can see is the dismissiveness at this point. Need citations for meta.

So in general, Xiivi has been reasonable and posting solid stances when he could. He is a town-lean.

--

#215 Good post.

#220 Good post.

UP is reasonable, being pro-active with questioning and making good points.

--

#288 Is a good post, and I can now understand how the haiku format could be a problem if Xiivi hadn't asked her to provide links within them. Even so, what I like about Osie, is that she is still providing content through the posting restriction. I don't mind having to read through it, as long as she's pushing her scum reads and giving stances. Admittedly I am skimming this post so I can move on with my catch up, but I can see she put the time to think about her stances with post numbers as well. I don't agree with her push on Lore, but I do like the stance on Z and Pythag. Need to talk more about Xiivi with her though.

--

#136 Brash.

#286 Like that he brings up Lore as town. Don't think anyone else had this stance on Lore.

#322 Tone comes across as genuine.

I have not much else to read Funnier by, so I have him as slight town.

--

#207 I disagree with this, yet I believe Lore believes in that push enough to vote on it. This comes with meta, and if I need to bring up references, I will. Lore can be stubborn with their beliefs, as I used to be.

#299 This is an instant reaction, so I can see that they still are in this tunnel, which really isn't a tunnel? (It's still policy) I find this slight town, mostly because he might want to reconsider his position after that post if he were scum.

I find the replace out null, and feel we should simply read the replacement and their play.

Scum Leaning
#202 Uses UP RVS vote reasoning as justification for his reasoning on Osie.
#203 Agree with Xiivi that this is dismissive and it isn't to determine alignment nor help UP.
#232 This post is a reach.

#298 This is him thanking Osie for a more in depth post. He finds her points on Lore interesting yet is wishy washy on them.

So in general, has more posts but they are a back and forth with UP about his problem with Osie, which vanishes in #298. Afterwords, he doesn't post anything else, nor a vote. He is being reactive, isn't trying to help town progress.

--

#258 I find this post to be pretty bad, mostly because his reasons to scumread are weak, and doesn't really consider other posts by those people. His reason for town reading ZZ5 is weak too.

#263 UP asks him how he is all over the map, and Pythag doesn't explain this, yet being a scumread of his. Also uses Kevin as a reason for voting Ex, which I find a stretch. Not every person is the same.

Pythag also hasn't had much of a presence, and his reads are lacking genuineness. His vote on Ex seems to be scum voting low hanging fruit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TOWN [UP Xiivi Osie Funnier Lore | Ex Mamboo Rax | Pythag ZZ5] SCUM

Vote: ZZ5

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unlike osie though, Lore’s frustration seems genuine and I don’t think it’s inherently scummy. Probably town. Z25’s the move in my opinion.

Vote: Z25

Z25 I still don’t think I truly know what you’re thinking about the game. How do you feel about Raxxel in #306 ? How do you feel about Raxxel in general?

This question expands to everybody, but I still want to get a feel of where 25’s head is at.
Catching up ( was away because of super bowl),

I don't really commit to strong town or scum reads day one because of how it early it is.

However with Rax's post, I see where they are coming. They haven't played too many games here though so I think its a little early to go and say that funnier is playing to just scrape by like a player in a previous game.

Other then that, they've contributed strong content and I'd be surprised if they weren't town. The only other read I have right now is you. You've been pretty productive and I didn't agree with the early comments of you being agressive, you seem pretty geunie in scum hunting this game and I like how you'd be getting people to interact more.

Other then that I'm 50/50 on other players, but there's a few I'm leaning town. Gotta catch up fully then see what I think of the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You want to vote somewhere else? Or would leaving your vote on somebody leave a bad impression of yourself to them?
I don't think I should keep a vote on a direction I no longer believe in. I practice what I preach. (Re-evaluation) Also, since I have you here:

#142 This doesn't help you or town determine Funnier's alignment. Funnier replied Yes to you, but everyone will respond with Yes. No mafia would say no. Some of your questions are good, but questions like these you should ask less of to be more effective in finding scum. I tell you this because I town read you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Raxxel Raxxel What is your updated stances (if any) on ZZ5 and Pythag right now? How's the reads list coming?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You think maybe Lore quit because his teammate wasn't doing him any favors?
It wouldn't surprise me if everything hit him at once... A bad teammate, people not agreeing with his bad mislynch push, and being caught out as scummy.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Raxxel Raxxel What is your updated stances (if any) on ZZ5 and Pythag right now? How's the reads list coming?
Interested in the Pythag read as well.

I was particularly interested in their Z25 read earlier, but it was already answered aptly so Raxxel I’m fine if Rax doesn’t feel anything different about that slot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok caught up. Kinda of sucks to see Lore leave, but I've seen that behavior happen before when frustrated. Remembering their plays as scum, I think the idea that they left after being tunneled as scum makes a lot of sense. Their flip would be pretty helpful imo as well. I don't want to immediately vote on a replacement but Lore's behavior shouldn't go without questions. I have seen similar moves where scum swapped out after getting mad and people immediately stopped going against that slot, leaving a scum alive for quite some time.

With their being no great leads in any game day one, I think this may be a good start to this game.

So for now I'm voting

Vote: Lore

osieorb18

Smash Ace
It's interesting because I know Gamma Emerald is from there. Say hi to him for me.
Gamma Emerald? You may be thinking of another site. I don't know for sure, but I thought that they were from MafiaScum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah it's a weak read because all I have is his tone. Not someone I'd defend hard but not someone I'm interested in lynching today.

Top Bottom