• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
are grammar edits allowed as long as they're justified? or dyall have zero tolerance policy

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I feel like you'd say something like "he's stupidly insane and spams :bulbacute: and :fetchd: so I'm fine with introducing myself lol

funnier is coolz and smart tho folks
but he can get really dense and fidgety at some points too
I was going to give a really accurate one but also include stuff like single hot Brazilian enjoys anime and bbq :bulbacute: favorite drink is coffee loves being tucked in at night :fetchd: etc etc

That’s a really sucky intro for me though lol

That doesn’t say anything about how I play mafia

Ex here likes to panic over literally nothing (as town, rarely as mafia) ends up getting mislynched day one for said screwball behavior, is known for extremely complex insane plans that make you wish you were dead or that he was dead or both,

I’m trying to think of a good mafia experience we’ve had together lol

Um.... successfully swayed me into voting scum in F4 by crying his eyes out for two days straight XD

Anyways his reads can be really good or really bad depending on the day but his reasoning is usually bonkers crazy either way so I don’t normally agree

Also hi I’m funnier I didn’t come here to make friends (but I may come back to make friends at some point)

I’m currently in a different mafia game that demands my attention much more than this one in addition to my busy schedule so this game is very on the back burner for me (also five day day phases SUCK) so I’ll be popping in when I think about it

ExLight

Smash Lord
ExLight ExLight do you have any reads thus far or do you plan on disappearing soon?
I gotta get a package here and I'll water some plants at my pop's house but I'll be writing better posts once I get home

as for reads let's be honest if you think I have some super gamebreaking read I don't specially cuz it's D1 and I don't know anyone's meta other than funnier's
but I can make some tame and polite guesses based on a lawful/chaotic-good/evil chart in a meme site if you want which is cute right

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
funnier6 funnier6 , thoughts on Osie?
I think writing haikus is like

Really really really REALLY DUMB way to play mafia because I can’t really get a feel for who they are and what they really think if they’re constantly rhyming or picking certain words for syllable count

I’m not sure what I think about the read on me since I thought it was rather obvious that I plan to do things and already have somewhat and also it’s just super weird to be read as lol lurker never gonna do nothin when I’m one of the most active mafia players in like every single game I play (not that I intend to be very active in this one it’s just unusual to be read that way)

also kind of weird that no ones bothered to try to get to know me, find out what makes me tick, I assume most of y’all know each other, got dem meta reads, how do you expect to read me when you don’t know anything about me?

I’ll comment on Osi’s actual reads when I find time/motivation

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Unlike osie though, Lore’s frustration seems genuine and I don’t think it’s inherently scummy. Probably town. Z25’s the move in my opinion.

Vote: Z25

Z25 I still don’t think I truly know what you’re thinking about the game. How do you feel about Raxxel in #306 ? How do you feel about Raxxel in general?

This question expands to everybody, but I still want to get a feel of where 25’s head is at.
Z-two-five's response
May be a bit low content
But Lore's overwrought.

This post and this post
Do not read of a player
Who believes themself.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
yea
isn't it a bit too early to be paranoid about me

why the **** do yall use blue for town instead of green
I’m not paranoid I want to trust

I’m sure the paranoia will come later but right now you’re my security blanket in a sea of strangers

Also I actually like the light theme for this site

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Also of note here,
Lore's response is yet again
Handwaving content.

A weak labeling
"It is just OMGUS" as if
They didn't read it.

Would not surprise me.
They don't seem to be reading
Throughout this whole thread.

At this point in time,
Lore's the scummiest around.
Mamboo's got excuse.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Z-two-five's response
May be a bit low content
But Lore's overwrought.

This post and this post
Do not read of a player
Who believes themself.
hi can you
write a haiku about
how cute my avatar is

(yes I know it's not a haiku idk how to count syllabes in english cuz you english speakers do it in a janky way)

if you get in the chopping block an don't write a Jusei I'll be really disappointed

Also I actually like the light theme for this site
nice is it the white and golden one
I'm using it too

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I think writing haikus is like

Really really really REALLY DUMB way to play mafia because I can’t really get a feel for who they are and what they really think if they’re constantly rhyming or picking certain words for syllable count

I’m not sure what I think about the read on me since I thought it was rather obvious that I plan to do things and already have somewhat and also it’s just super weird to be read as lol lurker never gonna do nothin when I’m one of the most active mafia players in like every single game I play (not that I intend to be very active in this one it’s just unusual to be read that way)

also kind of weird that no ones bothered to try to get to know me, find out what makes me tick, I assume most of y’all know each other, got dem meta reads, how do you expect to read me when you don’t know anything about me?

I’ll comment on Osi’s actual reads when I find time/motivation
For what it is worth,
I form my posts into haiku
As I'm writing them.

It's not very hard
To oh-so-slightly alter
My choice of wording.

You could just combine
this post together to make
a lone paragraph.

To use seventeen
syllables in a sentence
is very easy.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
This is the first page
On which you han't discouraged
That sort of attempt.

I explicitly
Reached out to you to get more
And yet was rebuffed.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
are grammar edits allowed as long as they're justified? or dyall have zero tolerance policy
The site generally is pretty strict about it. I'm not going to come down on anything as long as it's within a minute or two of posting and doesn't affect the post materially. That said, admins can peer behind the veil and see posts pre-edit, and one is helping me host this game, so we'll look into anything funny. Obviously, editing in/out anything of substance will result in a summary modkill.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This post and this post
Do not read of a player
Who believes themself.
You say that Lore doesn't believe himself by voting you, but maybe it just comes down to Lore not liking you spacing out your posts in haikus? I DO in fact believe that Lore is serious, in terms of that he believes "your haikus are ridiculous", but not in terms of your reads. My interpretation is that Lore doesn't scum read you, but is just against your haiku-posting.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
If Lore is a Town,
They explicitly do not
Care what is my role.

They explicitly
Don't care about my content.
Yet another strike.

To tie it all up,
They explicitly would not
Care about this game.

But I do believe
That it is all just an act.
And they're just a wolf.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
You say that Lore doesn't believe himself by voting you, but maybe it just comes down to Lore not liking you spacing out your posts in haikus? I DO in fact believe that Lore is serious, in terms of that he believes "your haikus are ridiculous", but not in terms of your reads. My interpretation is that Lore doesn't scum read you, but is just against your haiku-posting.
I'm not convinced here.
(If I was, I'd likely stop.)
It appears quite fake.

And the fact that he
Never has read my content
Throughout the whole thread...

It reeks of someone
who's pushing for a mislynch
Cause they think they can.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
While you're here, I had some other things I wanted to ask you about your earlier wall that I don't think were touched on.

Two-Five-One contains
A town tell moment from Rax.
Unprompted Focus.

Two-wolf reminder
Out of the blue in this game.
Looks like a town move.
What about reminding people that there are two wolves is townie? And about the content, would you consider it beneficial to look for Sorcerer?

Of ExLight's comment
of "Good thing it's RVS",
It's a slight wolf ping.
What makes this comment a wolf ping? The game WAS still in RVS at the time, so this seems more of a statement of fact and I can't see how this post would deliver anything besides null vibes.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Would love to play an all poetry Mafia where every player has to use a different style. Saw a game played out that way on xkcd when it was still up

osieorb18

Smash Ace
What about reminding people that there are two wolves is townie? And about the content, would you consider it beneficial to look for Sorcerer?
In particular,
The fact that it's unprompted
Implies their M.O.

It appears to me
To be an unfiltered look
Into their mindset.

I am not convinced
That seeking the Sorcerer
Is so productive.

What makes this comment a wolf ping? The game WAS still in RVS at the time, so this seems more of a statement of fact and I can't see how this post would deliver anything besides null vibes.
A slight wolf ping based
with their activity too.
It's like an excuse.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote Count 1.3
Z25 - 3 - Kary, Xivii, UtopianPoyzin
No Vote - 3 - Ranmaru, Z25, ExLight
Lore - 2 - RaxxeL, osieorb18
osieorb18 - 1 - Lore
funnier6 - 1 - Pythag
ExLight - 1 - funnier6

UtopianPoyzin: osieorb18(4) -> Z25(17)
Mamboo07: Z25(3) -> Replaced by Kary(18)
Xivii: ExLight(1) -> Mamboo07(12) -> Z25(14)
Z25:
Pythag: funnier6(13)
Lore: osieorb18(11)
ExLight:
funnier6: ExLight(7)
Ranmaru: funnier6(6) -> OsieOrb18(9) -> Unvote(10)
RaxxeL: Lore(5)
osieorb18: Ranmaru(2) -> Xivii(8) -> Unvote(15) -> Lore(16)

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Lore Lore If I did think
That you were town in this game,
My thought would be this:

"Could you please begin
To try to play to your win?
Thank you very much."

But since your read is
Quite so disingenuous
You're probably wolf.

So just keep trying.
I've seen worse mislynch attempts.
It is kinda cute.

ExLight

Smash Lord
A slight wolf ping based
with their activity too.
It's like an excuse.
I was in a BBQ meeting some buddies and I stayed there from 10AM until today's 5AM eating and drinking
does that make me wolfy lmfao
I'm here catching up ain't I?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I was in a BBQ meeting some buddies and I stayed there from 10AM until today's 5AM eating and drinking
does that make me wolfy lmfao
I'm here catching up ain't I?
I didn't comment
On current activity.
That was not the point.

I pointed out that
One post slightly concerned me.
That was all that was.

Top Bottom