• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , I've decided to ask you something different instead. Consider this a random question phase.

With the your knowledge thus far:

1) What aspect of mafia do you consider to be your strongest?
2) What aspect do you believe you can improve the most with?
3) If you could learn the alignment of one player, who would it be and why?
Bit hard for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote: osieorb

For taking advantage of being new to this site so you can post using mysterious stanzas.

You have more than enough experience with mafia as far as I can tell.
Why are you focusing more on the arrangement of the posts rather than the actual content within them? Post more of what? They haven't posted anything besides haikus, so there isn't a "that" to post more of.

Do you agree with their point on Xivii?
You say that I shouldn’t be focusing on the hiatus, and yet that’s exactly what you did and you voted for them over it.

Also are you talking about 143 by XI? Because I really don’t see see that as them town slipping mambo when they are talking more in a general sense and I’ve spoken similar in games.

And are you going to sit here and tell me the hiku format is fine? They are posting 3-5 words per line, not even a complete sentence or even clear grammar most of the time. That’s hardly contributing imo and doesn’t make for great content. It’s not a scum indicator but an experience player shouldn’t be playing with so few words

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , I've decided to ask you something different instead. Consider this a random question phase.

With the your knowledge thus far:

1) What aspect of mafia do you consider to be your strongest?
2) What aspect do you believe you can improve the most with?
3) If you could learn the alignment of one player, who would it be and why?
Why are you asking such random and hypothetical questions? And you’ve put some focus on mambo why? These questions don’t do anything and really don’t relate to the current game

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh ****, game proper started. Won't be too active tonight or a lot of tomorrow, but will be reading when I can.

For some reason I thought the reroll would take longer. Oof lol

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Vote: Osieorb18

Frankly the haiku posting is irritating, and it will only serve to make getting a read on you difficult as the game goes on. The brevity of the posts (by a haiku's nature) means that you can't have very much content per post.

I will keep my vote parked here until it stops.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
After chewing on it a bit, the haiku format feels like a gambit to scoot through day 1 easier, by self-reducing activity and having a "gimmick" that is meant to seem endearing/interesting.

I don't see someone picking the haiku format just for laughs. And honestly even if it really is for laughs, I find it both irritating and anti-town.

osieorb18 osieorb18 Why did you pick the haiku format? Please answer without using it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Frankly the haiku posting is irritating, and it will only serve to make getting a read on you difficult as the game goes on. The brevity of the posts (by a haiku's nature) means that you can't have very much content per post.

This (parking your vote) is anti-town as they aren't going to change their style and they have plenty of content in them. The fact they make multiple haikus in a single post makes up for the brevity.

Parking your vote gives you an excuse not to look for scum.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You say that I shouldn’t be focusing on the hiatus, and yet that’s exactly what you did and you voted for them over it.
My vote was during the random voting stage, and I'm town.

Like you said they offered up good point to earlier
I wanted to know exactly what you agreed with, so I could get a feel for what you're thinking.

And are you going to sit here and tell me the hiku format is fine? They are posting 3-5 words per line, not even a complete sentence or even clear grammar most of the time. That’s hardly contributing imo and doesn’t make for great content. It’s not a scum indicator but an experience player shouldn’t be playing with so few words
I don't have a problem with it. While I wouldn't recommend it myself, I think I understand Osie's reads just fine. I'm just curious why you're lingering on it.

Why are you asking such random and hypothetical questions? And you’ve put some focus on mambo why? These questions don’t do anything and really don’t relate to the current game
  1. Because I can.
  2. Because I'm want to help Mamboo integrate themselves into the game, as their perspective is valuable and I wanted to see where they could contribute the most effectively.
  3. Q3 is directly related to the game.

Come on, you too?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
This (parking your vote) is anti-town as they aren't going to change their style and they have plenty of content in them. The fact they make multiple haikus in a single post makes up for the brevity.

It's almost as if pressure is a thing, and I can choose to no longer park my vote as time progresses.

Why are you defending the haiku format? Even with multiple haikus, it still limits their given information and makes physically reading their posts more difficult depending on their flow. Not sure why you're sticking your neck out here.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

I have Xivii as lean-town.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's almost as if pressure is a thing, and I can choose to no longer park my vote as time progresses.

Why are you defending the haiku format? Even with multiple haikus, it still limits their given information and makes physically reading their posts more difficult depending on their flow. Not sure why you're sticking your neck out here.
Cause it's a NAI playstyle thing that isn't going to change, and I think it's easy for potential scum to hop on it. The content of their posts is what should be focused on.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel Raxxel , you liked the post, let's chat. What do you like about Z25's entrance? What didn't you like?

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , I see you checking out the thread, let's chat. What do you like about Z25's entrance? What didn't you like?
I think Z's entrance isn't strong. I think his point of osie's format being used to avoid talking too much is definitely a stretch. However, I don't think it's indicative of too much right now, given this is early game, there are going to be some awkward interactions between towns trying to feel each other out. I doubt Z intended to commit to scumreading osie, at least not on this alone.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

The thing is that using your vote as pressure to change something that is not alignment indicative distracts from actual discourse when your vote could be used somewhere more useful and you could ask Osie to elaborate or just stop permanently. If you have a problem with it then that's your problem that you'll have to take up with Osie; however, I don't mind it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I really do find the haikus irritating, and it already got Xivii to stick their neck out for this person. I'd say the vote has been worth it.

Cause it's a NAI playstyle thing that isn't going to change, and I think it's easy for potential scum to hop on it. The content of their posts is what should be focused on.
So it's easy for scum to hop on it and get a lynch, right? That means that it's poor play, since it implies town would often go with such a lynch. Not saying Osieorb is bad; I'm saying that the choice of haiku format is not good for town if Osie is town.

It still remains irritating makes the content of their posts more difficult to read. You say that we should focus on the content. Haikus make it more difficult to do so.

Fairly strong defense of Osie here though. Interesting.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That post was made without seeing your post, Utopian, that was right before my last one.

My vote still stands. If it could be placed in a more useful position, where do you think that would be?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I might also ask...
The same question of you here.
Although there lies wine.
Origin forum.
Mafia Colosseum
Is my home forum.

This quick presumption
Does not find accuracy
Haikus aren't purpose.
Still legit question.
Response can still be helpful.
Depends on response.

Paranthetical's
What comes off as TMI.
Seems to be certain.

Xi's posting appears...
To try to control pace through...
Dismissing hunting.

I agree with you first point here,

but the other quotes I put here,

How is that “a lot of content”? This is someone who has years of experience and they are giving 2 - 3 word answers mostly that hardly touch on their points or give good reasons behind their thought process. I wouldn’t agree that that’s strong content.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm scum reading Z for 203. This is what I'd call dismissiveness. The haiku irritation seems off as well. Z doesn't seem the kind to really be irritated by such a thing. I think he may have been playing off UPs early questioning of it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
My vote still stands. If it could be placed in a more useful position, where do you think that would be?
I don’t think there is a useful place for your vote to be honest. Like let’s say Osie doesn’t stop posting haikus. I don’t think it would be useful to keep your vote parked on Osie because you want her to stop with the posting restriction; I’d rather you move it to your top scumread or some wagon you find compelling, etc. Z25 is my most suspicious at the moment but I know that they have a habit of focusing on game mechanics rather than player alignment so I may give it a pass if I get more townie vibes.

I like Raxxel and Xivii here the most.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

How is that “a lot of content”? This is someone who has years of experience and they are giving 2 - 3 word answers mostly that hardly touch on their points or give good reasons behind their thought process. I wouldn’t agree that that’s strong content.
Every quote you just put definitely had content and meaning behind it, though. Short on words, yes, but the words they did choose conveyed the message just fine. Especially the last quote where they call out Xivii.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

What I mean is they actually contain content and aren't fluttered with fluff for the sake of the haiku. Each line is relevant.

As for the content, they gave a scum read on me with two reasonable points.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don’t think there is a useful place for your vote to be honest. Like let’s say Osie doesn’t stop posting haikus. I don’t think it would be useful to keep your vote parked on Osie because you want her to stop with the posting restriction; I’d rather you move it to your top scumread or some wagon you find compelling, etc. Z25 is my most suspicious at the moment but I know that they have a habit of focusing on game mechanics rather than player alignment so I may give it a pass if I get more townie vibes.

I like Raxxel and Xivii here the most.
I do think we both know that I would move my vote to a top scum read if/when one develops, and we both know that I go fairly direct/hard voting from the get-go.

After some thought just now, I do think there is value to keeping my vote parked if the haikus don't stopped. However, I won't share my thoughts on this due to not wanting to influence other player behavior.

Either way, I do still intend to keep the vote parked if the haikus don't stop. At least for now.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Also, Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , please take time to answer questions in early game. Currently, given I think this is your first game and I know how you are outside of this, I'm reading you as newbie town, but you need to pipe up or you'll become the focus of town and scum alike given how both parties enjoy picking on silent players.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My vote was during the random voting stage, and I'm town.

I wanted to know exactly what you agreed with, so I could get a feel for what you're thinking.

I don't have a problem with it. While I wouldn't recommend it myself, I think I understand Osie's reads just fine. I'm just curious why you're lingering on it.

1. Because I can.
  2. Because I'm want to help Mamboo integrate themselves into the game, as their perspective is valuable and I wanted to see where they could contribute the most effectively.
  3. Q3 is directly related to the game.

Come on, you too?
Even if it was in the RVS stage, you gave what could have been a more legislate reason for the vote, which is interesting to note.

as for agreement their earlier points on XI are fair critiques, I agree with the way they are making these observations based on Xi content but I don’t think it means he’s scum just yet. As for me lingering on it, eh I wouldn’t say I am. I am just answering your responses, but I’m game to talk over any other thoughts you have.

As for your bullet points.

Im aware of what concept you are going with and it would be something that makes sense if it wasn’t for the fact that your speaking to someone who had no idea or experience with mafia beforehand. That makes your first two points kinda of pointless for lack of a better word as there isn’t going to be much to gain from those points. The third one is related actually so my bad there. I had misinterpreted it when reading.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Also, Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , please take time to answer questions in early game. Currently, given I think this is your first game and I know how you are outside of this, I'm reading you as newbie town, but you need to pipe up or you'll become the focus of town and scum alike given how both parties enjoy picking on silent players.
I understand.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
While true, this post feels off. This feels less like a post reminding mamboo and more like a post drawing town's attention to mamboo. At least that's what my gut is saying.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What I mean is they actually contain content and aren't fluttered with fluff for the sake of the haiku. Each line is relevant.

As for the content, they gave a scum read on me with two reasonable points.
They have a scum read on you, so naturally you leap to their defense when I put my vote down on them. Huh. Neat.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
While true, this post feels off. This feels less like a post reminding mamboo and more like a post drawing town's attention to mamboo. At least that's what my gut is saying.
Eh, maybe. I actually feel the former to be honest, because I don’t see what Raxxel gains by drawing town’s attention to Mamboo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Every quote you just put definitely had content and meaning behind it, though. Short on words, yes, but the words they did choose conveyed the message just fine. Especially the last quote where they call out Xivii.
I did say they have content, but they lack more substance. It’s easy to get their viewpoint from their posts but unlike what Xi said, I don’t think most posts if they provide explanations of thoughts would or should be considered fluff. There’s quite a lot of great content that longer mafia posts can provide. That’s more of a personal opinion though.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote: osieorb

For taking advantage of being new to this site so you can post using mysterious stanzas.
Even if it was in the RVS stage, you gave what could have been a more legislate reason for the vote, which is interesting to note.
Legislate? If you insist.

Im aware of what concept you are going with and it would be something that makes sense if it wasn’t for the fact that your speaking to someone who had no idea or experience with mafia beforehand. That makes your first two points kinda of pointless for lack of a better word as there isn’t going to be much to gain from those points.
I was more interested in the second question in all fairness, but I was curious to know if there was anything that they felt confident in before the game really got going.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Legislate? If you insist.

I was more interested in the second question in all fairness, but I was curious to know if there was anything that they felt confident in before the game really got going.
Legislate. Huh didn’t even notice auto correct did that. I meant legitimate but apparently my phone doesn’t know what that is lol

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey guys, haven't talked much.
Well, answer me this simple question.

If there was one person right now, at this very moment, that you would have lynched, who would it be?

Top Bottom