• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Notes said:
To start off I am going to talk about the number one reason I am town. Z25’s attack on my slot

Because if you did the answer should be pretty obvious as to why your slot had those votes coming into this.
You just never make this post towards your buddy, but clearly that’s my own self-bias

which is what I think is likely based on who I personally am reading as scum and by looking at other scum reads
This is such a weird post if both Z25 and Ex are wolves? its hard to explain for me, but I just don’t believe you talking to your teammate like this, “I personally have a scum read on you”

But IDK, its possible this is some kind of distance, but its just bad if it is, you either do it or you dont

Unvote

I believe Xivii. I agree with Wiisp though, I don't understand this UP wagon at all.
This is just a very dismissive post from Raxxel

Kary is probably the bomb here, like I’ve been saying, that and her aggression are the reason why I like this slot

Also sorry, I am still super focused on other stuff

I think these conclusions are correct, I think we just vote Raxxel and win

Kary is always terse, regardless of alignment. I don't know how this shows that Kary is town in your book besides the fact that they pushed for my lynch.
Simultaniously voting his wolf partner, while discrediting town reads on his other wolf partner? I’ll take one buss even those is was super bad play, but not two, you don’t win this setup by bussing, this is him making sure there are still options open

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
wait, hold the phone. Xivii didn't target Ran OR z25?
That’s what it sounds like.

which Xivii Xivii not gonna lie I was kinda upset because I was genuinely trying hard.

But I still gotta respect the play even if it is as you said a sort of **** move. Still you played well to make a move like that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I am still beliving Xivii's meta on Ranmaru at this point

Z25 Z25
you played great, but like I said, never give up till you die, you just never know in a mafia game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Z25 Z25
you played great, but like I said, never give up till you die, you just never know in a mafia game
This is true, having never seen a play like that where a cop lied about their check I never even considered anyone taking that risk.

So I figured at that point there would have been no real argument. Sure I could have said “oh the cop is lying” but if the cop got lynched, I’d immediately be the target next day. So the outcome wouldn’t have really changed

Wiisp

Smash Lord
thinking again on my last point, I wonder if UP was just tmi'ing Kary as a wolf
this game is actually stilll kinda hard
I still don't believe town loses this though

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean u don't really have to accuse him of lying, just FPSing?
but like, getting him lynched and dying the next day is still better than immediately dying
not that, that was ever happening in an open setup

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Z25 Z25
ranmaru ranmaru I believe yesterday you asked who I would vote for between Kary and Wiisp.

Between the fact that I am equally as pissed as they are that you guys actually let Z25 go another day, and that this interaction and others between the two could have been behind a scum PM, my vote would be for Kary. We're killing Z today and that's final though. If nothing else they're still an active vote. We're much better off not giving scum free town kills.

Vote: Z25

One other thing to start off this phase though, in case Hunter might be thinking of claiming, don't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean u don't really have to accuse him of lying, just FPSing?
but like, getting him lynched and dying the next day is still better than immediately dying
not that, that was ever happening in an open setup
Fpsing?

Im not sure I know the term. What’s it short for?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
like imagine if Xivii never told us Ranmaru wasn't really a town clear
and he was a wolf? we just lose

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Raxxel, imagine you’re the bomb.

We take z25 out today.
You get killed. Who do you target?

ExLight

Smash Lord
sdagforu3iejgn35uivh gowermkçlnhftmbb6 ygfyf

Gimme a ****ing second I'll try to find everything I had gathered during the night

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ExLight ExLight
I wrote an essay in word for a mafia game once, and I keep my computer in sleep mode, I woke up to find my computer had turned off, and RIP my notes

ExLight

Smash Lord
ExLight ExLight
I wrote an essay in word for a mafia game once, and I keep my computer in sleep mode, I woke up to find my computer had turned off, and RIP my notes
damn, that sucks
I'm so upset it almost physically hurts
it had like a ****ton of posts compiled and I spent so much time on it sdibhg

ExLight

Smash Lord
I ****ing hate myself and/or xenforo and this bull**** is making me feel physically sick

first of all I want to say that I'm strongly townreading Wiisp because of many things that happened on D1, mostly Z25 trying to get that slot lynched super hard before someone could jump and defend it and Poyzin asking for permission to jump out of Z's into it

Lore seemed to scumhunt in their own way, which seemed pretty decent and even their frustration towards osie seemed towny, to the point of even irrationally assuming some people that defended osie's haiku to be scumbuds

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean, I was his counter train lol, he either self preserves on me, or we actively pursue a new wagon
which let me tell you, I would have if we were wolves together
also, I wouldn't say, "Super hard"

ExLight

Smash Lord
I mean, I was his counter train lol, he either self preserves on me, or we actively pursue a new wagon
which let me tell you, I would have if we were wolves together
also, I wouldn't say, "Super hard"
twas super hard lmfao
he just wouldn't stop saying how much lore's slot should've been lynched before you subbed in

Wiisp

Smash Lord
twas super hard lmfao
he just wouldn't stop saying how much lore's slot should've been lynched before you subbed in
did he really? lmao
to be fair, in a wolf!lore world, where I was his partner, I'd be pissed at him for what he did
and again people held me to the insane standard all game

its like people didnt know what to think of lore
His replace was obvious wolf
A wolf doesnt replace like that
I'm gunna call it nai

but it still felt like people were backpacking their reads on me because of him

I literally was forced to vote funnier, and for what, to watch Xivii play god? lmao
Raxxel should die today
I dont believe the emotion in his first post today

ExLight

Smash Lord
Both Utopian and Z25 had Raxx on their mid-town reads, while Rax had Utopian on her Town-null and Z25 on her Null-scum for most of D1.

Raxxel Raxxel , you liked the post, let's chat. What do you like about Z25's entrance? What didn't you like?
I think Z's entrance isn't strong. I think his point of osie's format being used to avoid talking too much is definitely a stretch. However, I don't think it's indicative of too much right now, given this is early game, there are going to be some awkward interactions between towns trying to feel each other out. I doubt Z intended to commit to scumreading osie, at least not on this alone.
Raxxel Raxxel I want you to talk more about Z25 because Xivii has already shared their opinions.
Z25 and Lore are both doubling down on their dislike of Osie's haiku format. From what I've read, Z's reasoning is at least fair enough, though I think he is overselling how valuable a word count is. Personally, I think someone posting a paragraph of word salad that ultimately offers little in the way of actual content is far more anti-town than someone bringing content in a short and concise format. It's true that the less you say, the easier it is to not slip up as scum, but this reasoning isn't strong enough in my opinion, especially in the face of osie doubling down on their speech pattern. A scum player would more likely try and appease this early into the game. However, despite me disagreeing with Z's attack on Osie, I'm not getting a strong scum read at the moment from him. This early into the game, I can't blame him for going after the speech pattern of someone since he has little to go on for anyone else.
Poy-Raxx interaction from the first 8 pages
Interestingly, Poy keeps asking Raxx to talk about Z25. Could be trying to hint that he's the sorcerer.

I was particularly interested in their Z25 read earlier, but it was already answered aptly so Raxxel I’m fine if Rax doesn’t feel anything different about that slot.
Answering for Rax; later on funnier calls this post out.

So, reads on everyone...
I'd like Pythag Pythag 's opinion on this Raxx post. Honestly it's the post that throws me off the most.
Does Raxx usually make posts with this amount of dedication as scum? It feels like such a curveball for them to put the spotlight on the scumbud.
The only thing I don't really like about it is Raxx mentioning Z25 as "on the scummier end of the spectrum" in #411 but only giving him a null-scum.

Since your here, what do you think of wiisp based on their posts since you were also on the lore wagon and wiisp doesn’t seem to understand the wagon or why it’s still going. How’s that look in your eyes?
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I assume they've yet to completely read through the thread and understand the interactions that have currently landed their slot in the position it is in. It feels unfair to be judging someone's slot based off its previous occupants actions that they had no control over, but said actions are still relevant since they were taken with the knowledge of that slot's role.

Can you name me your top 3 town reads?
osie
Utopian
You.

Ive found all three of you to have some pretty strong content and pointed out why I fee these three are strong toe sets in my earlier reads list. The content and interactions have all been seemingly pretty town oriented and offered a lot in terms of expanding discussion here
They throw some shade at Lore/Wiisp together.
This is an interesting top 3 because Z25 often put Raxx in the nulls later on, despite not much having change on the way he was reading them other thana activity, I guess?

Biggest update? I really, REALLY am not liking ExLight's content all too much. It's insanely defensive, a little whiny, and overall reactive. I get that they're new here, but they have mafia experience elsewhere and an experienced town player should not be this concerned about initial reads on them this early into the game, reads that are the most likely to shift and change in the snap of a finger. I especially do not enjoy their jump to the conclusion that someone was trying to paint them as scummy. It's paranoid behavior. If not Z, right now they are my next lynch candidate.
One thing I want to do though.

Unvote

Vote Pythag
Starts scumreading me a lot.
And still votes for Pythag after the ExLight vs. Pythag discussion, just as his wagon started to grow.
This one is the one that called my attention the most

===
Tinfoils; Poyzin caring about where Raxx's vote is in #166, Z25 not asking for Raxx's opinions in #855 despite them not catching up with the thread either, and Rax being the first ping in #865
===

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also my quotes are all messed up, those quotes in my mini wall, are not the ones I quoted...
wth

ExLight

Smash Lord
half assed version of the wallpost I lost based on what I remembered in-thread sigh

ExLight

Smash Lord
aaaand it didn't save a bunch of stuff like Raxx saying they don't understand UP's wagon and voting them right after
**** me I hate this

Wiisp

Smash Lord
now I can't find the real post I wanted to quote that didnt make me think light/Z25 were wolf/wolf

ExLight

Smash Lord
So we're just lynching Exlight today eh?
Just because you don't like me as a person it doesn't make me more likely to be scum.

I did lie about my result btw (I targeted Osie). I didn't think before how I'd feel if someone illegitimately removed a player from the pool. It's a **** move and I'm terribly sorry.
Are you ****ing serious
So Ran isn't cleared?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
is him trying to frame me with the scumchat message not enough lmao
no lmao, that **** is nai

its something, something, "this is why I am personally wolf reading you"
and I don't think a wolf talks like that to their partner, its either they defend them, or they buss them

ExLight

Smash Lord
no lmao, that **** is nai

its something, something, "this is why I am personally wolf reading you"
and I don't think a wolf talks like that to their partner, its either they defend them, or they buss them
that sounds a lot more nai than the framing thing imo lmfao

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kary, why Ex over Rax?

Do you think Rax’s entrance into this Day was good?

Top Bottom