• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

TraaP

Smash Cadet
We’re really in the endgame, here’s hoping Sora will finally get his chance. However, I’m still very pessimistic about his inclusion… but he’s all I ever wanted since 2008, my one impossible dream

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
You wouldn't believe how many people actually screw up by not paying attention. It's very often a user posts more content only to contradict themselves or basically screw up their data(release dates), right after a direct too. It's happened before. It's not a sign of a different person. it's a sign that someone didn't actually think it through, yet again. It's most likely the same person with how fake leaks actually are. That said, it's almost entirely likely to be fake either way.

The thing is? That's not how the contract would work. You have to remember that with companies, it's often they need to pay for a lot of specific content from them. That means they can and will always get a bundle. Sora and any tracks, a long with all the other Disney content, is going to be rather expensive. Bundles are far cheaper and the only logical way for them to do it. It's also a case where they'd have finished paying off all the DLC related licensing far before July. Otherwise they don't have a lot of time to work with the content beyond proof of burden. The actual July thing doesn't make any real sense.

Now, the only way it could be an actual real leak is if it's referring to songs that are only used in the Presentation, including the trailer, and the term several means it's going to be 3 or more(since it's a synonym for few in this context). That is believable enough. A song for Sora, a neat song to play while explaining KH, and some for the MIi costumes. Not also keep in mind that the Trailer songs are not licensed with the songs from the core games. It's done by a different company. The presentation was probably actually done recently enough for the leak to kind of fit in with this, so it's believable enough.

Negotiations actually can take a very very long time since people don't want to license things in multiple steps, as it's a massive waste of money. The final contract is drawn up before licensing would ever actually start. Multiple contracts can be made, but that doesn't mean any would be used bar the final one. There is cases of a renegotiation as possible, but it wouldn't be for music in itself. It's already paid for and part of the normal Challenger Pack. The only real plausible cause is Geno and Chocobo were meant for Hero, but once they figured Sephiroth would be in, made a new contract(likely free to change where the two costumes are, not paying extra fees for it since they're already done) to change them. This is an actual time when a new contract would be made. Not split up poorly cause of music tracks that are already part of the same core plan. Basically, there's never going to be a case where Spirits, the Fighter, their costume colors(if applicable), the Music, and the Stages(along with stage cameos) will be done at separate times. Mii Costumes are variable on its own. The trailers are outsourced and the presentation is shot separately and naturally require separate licensing due to being separate products from the game you're downloading it to. That's the only reasons they need their own licensing. Different products.
Actually, I would believe it. But I also know there's an unbelievable amount of people who've been willing to copy a leak, big or small, only to make these kinds of mistakes. Now, I'll admit that I'm probably just playing to my personal biases here. Doesn't really help that both posts are anonymous.

Putting that aside though, I decided to do some soft core research and a lot what you said actually pans out. But in that same respect it also enforces the idea of the July leak being credible since it did actually specify that the music was being requested for use in the presentation and nothing else.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I’m so nervous about this. After previous characters blindsided me with unexpectedness (especially with Steve), I don’t know who to actually expect anymore. I can only hope for Sora, but we won’t know for sure until The Day Of Reckoning (October 5th). The anticipation is killing me more than Dark Riku did when I played KH1 as a a kid.

I wonder how a reveal trailer for Sora would go though. It could go a few different ways, imo. It could involve Darkhon like how Sephiroth’s trailer involved Galeem. It could have Sora getting the invitation in a bottle like when he got Mickey’s letter at the end of KH2. It could even have the Smash cast recreate one of the KH games’ intros! Having Mario fall into his own Dive to the Heart would be hilarious.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I actually think it would be dope to see it pick up after the seph trailer and throw Darkhon in there as well. I’d definitely like them to show some kind of tie to final fantasy in a potential trailer.

I mean if Seph is giving smash despair, then Sora is definitely hope.
Let’s see another round of dlc announced as well

Last edited:

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I actually think it would be dope to see it pick up after the seph trailer and throw Darkhon in there as well. I’d definitely like them to show some kind of tie to final fantasy in a potential trailer.

I mean if Seph is giving smash despair, then Sora is definitely hope.
Let’s see another round of dlc announced as well
Sadly, it’s been stated that whoever is next will be the last DLC character for Ultimate. I do agree, however, that seeing Sora fight Sephy again would be cool.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, 4chan is full of fake leaks and stuff, especially because of the fact that everyone is anonymous; you can’t verify the source of the “leak” without hard evidence. I’ll take the Sora one with a grain of salt too, but I’ll still hold onto my hope.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys thought I would leave this here. Currently I am hard at work for a smash animatic where all the smash newcomers come together for that final invitation and Sora is one of them. I had a voice actor reserved for him but after consideration I decided to reject it and so I ask this: Is anybody here open for voicing Sora in my upcoming Animation? I will be sure to give whoever volunteers full credit for the collaboration.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys thought I would leave this here. Currently I am hard at work for a smash animatic where all the smash newcomers come together for that final invitation and Sora is one of them. I had a voice actor reserved for him but after consideration I decided to reject it and so I ask this: Is anybody here open for voicing Sora in my upcoming Animation? I will be sure to give whoever volunteers full credit for the collaboration.
I’d volunteer if I had a proper mic and a good voice lol
May we see your progress so far?

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I can see disappointment coming from a Mile away lol
Agreed, honestly these "leaks" before a character is officially announced always happen and its never the character that is really the most prominent in conversation in regards to dlc.

Sora would be a nice way to end the pass overall considering the 20th aniversary is next year. If Square, Disney, and Nintendo play their cards right, the recently sparked interest in the series from Sora's inclusion could help promote sales of upcoming titles.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sheesh, I thought you guys would be a bit more optimistic…
Well i'm more indiffirent to be honest, Ultimate has already given me so many characters i like so really there's no reason for me to complain. I'll take basically whatever at this point.

That said the chances of this last character being any of those big names like Sora or Phoenix is pretty low so i'm not confident on any on them. lol

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Well, just to be sure, I wanna gush about KH as much as I can. Here was my idea for a Challenger Pack for Sora:
Intro: Sora appears from a save point and gets into his fighting stance

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around
Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a second
Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. KH3 outfit (default)
  2. KH2 outfit (alternate costume)
  3. Riku (KH3 black)
  4. Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  5. Kairi (KH3 pink)
  6. Limit Form
  7. Donald Duck (KH3 blue)
  8. Goofy (KH2 green)
Walk: His walk from the games when in combat
Jog: His run from the games when in combat
Dash: Sora rests the Keyblade on his shoulders while running
Damage: His damage animation from the games
Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight
Crouch: Crouches down on one knee with his Keyblade pointing forwards

Normal Attacks
Jab: Slapshot / Speed Slash; Sora performs a sideways uppercut with his Keyblade (2%, OK knockback), then slashes twice (2% each hit, small knockback), and follows up with a quick circular slash (3%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Guard Break; Sora thrusts his Keyblade forward (6%, small knockback), dealing considerable shield damage
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly farther than Cloud’s but takes a bit more windup (7%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swats his Keyblade upward (6%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with a magnetic field that attracts nearby opponents and bursts them away (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora performs a strong slash with slight startup lag (15%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (8%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Winder; Sora performs three vertical moonsaults (9%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora pauses for a bit before diving down and striking the ground with his Keyblade (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback). He can slightly move to the left or right just before he dives

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a windmill of light (8%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Last Charge; Sora lifts himself up and slams down to create a pillar of light (11%, OK knockback)
Get-up Attack: Vicinity Break; Sora sweeps the floor with his Keyblade in a 360 spin (9%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (21%, medium knockback). This attack can be slightly angled in the direction the control stick is tilted.
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Sora pulls in the opponent with Magnet and grabs them with his open hand
Pummel: Sora headbutts the opponent with that thick skull of his (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora hops up and swings in a downward arc (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground, leaving a small explosion (8%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora hops and slashes upwards to launch the opponent (10%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Magic Selection
; Sora can select a magic spell from his list, similar to the Hero. Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly. You can cancel the selection by pressing the Shield button.
  • Firaga: Sora summons two rings of fire that encircle him (7%, OK knockback)
  • Blizzaga: Sora shoots a spreading burst of three snowflakes that have a chance of freezing the opponent (5% each, small knockback); using this in the air has Sora shoot them diagonally downward
  • Thundaga: Sora summons electricity from his Keyblade that locks on to any nearby fighters, up to four at a time (8% each, small knockback). When not locked on, each bolt forms a dome around Sora.
  • Aeroga: Sora surrounds himself in a windy barrier that halves damage taken and reflects projectiles. The spell lasts for 18 seconds, and he can’t use any other spell nor use Aeroga again during this time.
  • Curaga: Sora heals up to 50% taken damage, and can also heal allies in team battles by ⅓ regardless of how far away they are. This spell can only be used once per stock.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora swiftly thrusts left and right up to six times with consecutive button presses (3%-4% each hit, small knockback) and finishes with a much more powerful thrust (7%, OK knockback). You can tilt the control stick to move either left or right, and the attack is faster on the ground.
B + Up : Airstep; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light and does a Sonic Slash when he hits an opponent (9%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (1.3% each hit, OK knockback), then finishes with three stronger slashes (5.2% each hit, OK knockback). The charge is canceled when the player lets go of B.

Final Smash: Ragnarok; Sora jumps up and fires 24 shots of energy that home in on every opponent on the stage (2.4% each, OK knockback)

Gimmick: Grand Magic; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of four Grand Magic spells, which are obtained by using one spell consistently. Only one Situation Command appears at a time, and that spell will appear for 20 seconds.
  • Firaza has Sora summon a giant fireball that travels offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (27%, medium knockback)
  • Blizzaza has Sora summon an actual blizzard that freezes every opponent on the stage for a bit (20%, small knockback)
  • Thundaza has Sora rain down a pillar of electricity in front of him (25%, medium knockback)
  • Aeroza has Sora summon a tornado that circles around him, sending opponents flying (20%, far knockback)
  • Whenever you use a Grand Magic tier of a spell, that spell enters a 15-second cool down period
Taunts
1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles
2: "My friends are my power!" Sora puts his hand to his chest and looks down
1+2: Sora performs performs the Funny Face Special

Winposes
1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's first victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum
2: “Nothing to it!” Sora's second victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum
3: “Oh yeah, take that!” Sora's third victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum; however, at the end of this version, Sora strikes a very familiar pose

Applause: Sora claps for the opponent
Icon: The heart and crown in KH series logo
Boxing Ring Title: The Keyblade's Chosen One
Star K.O.: https://youtu.be/XgtJ3E5-I_A?t=558
Victory Music: A remix of Sora's theme
Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace; Kirby can’t use Grand Magic, and Curaga is unavailable
Game of Origin: Kingdom Hearts (2002)

Layout: Takes place in Sora’s Station of Awakening; the stage is completely flat, similar to Final Destination except you’re fighting on a giant cylinder. Seems simple, right?

Gimmicks and Hazards: Well, this stage comes with a twist; you’ll occasionally see projections of several KH-original worlds.
  1. Destiny Islands; the bridge near the paopu fruit tree
    1. Cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi
  2. Castle Oblivion; a seemingly empty room full of doors that take you to random parts of the stage
    1. Cameo by Naminé
  3. Twilight Town; the top of the train station’s clock tower
    1. Cameos by Roxas, Axel and Xion
  4. Land of Departure; A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain
    1. Cameos by Aqua, Terra and Ventus
  5. Keyblade Graveyard; A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (20%, medium knockback)
    1. Cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω Form is based on the Station’s floor. The Battlefield platforms are based on the stairs that appear in KH2.
  1. Simple and Clean ~Orchestra~
  2. Dearly Beloved
  3. Dive Into the Heart / Destati
  4. Destiny’s Force
  5. Shrouding Dark Cloud ~Gigas Blast~
  6. Hand in Hand
  7. Forze del Male
  8. Another Side
  9. The 13th Struggle (KH2 version)
  10. Sinister Sundown / Working Together
  11. Sanctuary ~Orchestra~
  12. Tension Rising ~Reaper’s Revenge~
  13. Desire for All That is Lost
  14. Vim and Vigor (2.5 version)
  15. The Encounter (BbS version)
  16. Darkness of the Unknown
  17. The Other Promise
  18. Rage Awakened (2.5 version)
  19. Fate of the Unknown
  20. Lord of the Castle (1.5 version)
  21. Critical Drive
  22. Vector to the Heavens
  23. Enter the Darkness
  24. Unforgettable
  25. Black Powder
  26. Dismiss (2.5 version)
  27. No More Bugs!!
  28. Majestic Wings
  29. Wave of Darkness / L’Impeto Oscuro
  30. Wake Up, World!
  31. Anger Unchained
  32. Rise of the Union
  33. Forza Finale
  34. Edge of Existence
  35. Nachtflügel
(Spirit Battles listed here)
  1. Sora (KINGDOM HEARTS III) (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Sora (KINGDOM HEARTS II) (Fighter Spirit)
  3. Shadow (KINGDOM HEARTS)
  4. Riku
  5. Kairi
  6. Naminé
  7. Lea
  8. Marluxia
  9. Roxas
  10. Xion
  11. Aqua
  12. Terra -> Lingering Will
  13. Ventus
  14. Young Xehanort -> Master Xehanort
  15. Donald Duck & Goofy
(Fights characters referencing other KH characters; a Color 2 Duck Hunt is always your ally)
Round 1: :ultgnw:x6 (horde battle) on Battlefield Station of Awakening (Dive Into the Heart / Destati)
Round 2: Color 6 :ultcloud: on Station of Awakening (Destiny Islands) (Shrouding Dark Cloud ~Gigas Blast~)
Round 3: Color 6 :ultcorrinf: and Color 7 :ultsheik: on Station of Awakening (Castle Oblivion) (Lord of the Castle)
Round 4: Color 4 Sora and Color 2 :ultroy: on Station of Awakening (Twilight Town) (Vector to the Heavens)
Round 5: :ultlucina:, Color 5 :ultike: and Color 7 :ultcorrin: on Station of Awakening (Land of Departure) (Unforgettable)
Round 6: Color 7 :ultganondorf: on Station of Awakening (Keyblade Graveyard) (Forza Finale)
Final Round:
Master Hand.png
Crazy Hand.png
on Station of Awakening Ω (The Encounter)
  1. Riku (Swordfighter)
  2. Kairi (Swordfighter)
  3. Neku (Brawler; comes with Twister (KINGDOM MIX))
  4. Club Penguin (Brawler)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh...my hope just kinda sank a little.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Not that I'm surprised, anyways. I'm still gonna keep hoping it's Sora.
Oh wait, hang on:
This leak apparebtly existed since July with multiple screenshots saved in early August. So that must mean there's NO way this person knew about Nick All Stars to coincide the date at that point, as the project wasn't even announced.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Oh wait, hang on:
This leak apparebtly existed since July with multiple screenshots saved in early August. So that must mean there's NO way this person knew about Nick All Stars to coincide the date at that point, as the project wasn't even announced.
So what you’re saying is that, regardless of if the “leak” is real or not, this dude is lying through his teeth and trying to shoot down hopes for Sora. Some people on the internet are so petty…

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Oh wait, hang on:
Yeah, his tweet was already weird when he already said he knew Nick All Star Brawl's release date when back then it was just Fall no exact date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom