• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
How are characters as such even called anime characters, none of them have a anime nor are anime original characters allowed.
First off you're wrong 5 out of the six character's IP I was reffering to all have anime. Persona 5's anime is literally just called Persona 5 the animation, Dragon Quest has multiple anime including but not limited to anime movies of which one of happens to be on Netflix mind you, King of Fighters also has an anime, Fire Emblem has also had some Anime OVAs from as far back as 1996, FF7 literally has both a full length 3d cgi anime movie as well as a 2d anime adaptation by studio madhouse. The only one who doesn't have a traditional anime adaptation is Min Min from Arms.

Secondly please tell me you aren't actually dumb enough to have made the assumption that a character can only be considered an "anime" character if they have had previous traditional anime adaptations. When someone calls a character an anime character it has to do with overall character aesthetic. Not whether they actually are from or have been in anime before. The characters I was refering to all have very obvious in your face anime aesthetic that is not a debate that is fact. All you have to do to know that is have the ability of eyesight.

Last edited:

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
First off you're wrong 5 out of the six character's IP I was reffering to all have anime. Persona 5's anime is literally just called Persona 5 the animation, Dragon Quest has multiple anime including but not limited to anime movies of which one of happens to be on Netflix mind you, King of Fighters also has an anime, Fire Emblem has also had some Anime OVAs from as far back as 1996, FF7 literally has both a full length 3d cgi anime movie as well as a 2d anime adaptation by studio madhouse. The only one who doesn't have a traditional anime adaptation is Min Min from Arms.

Secondly please tell me you aren't actually dumb enough to have made the assumption that a character can only be considered an "anime" character if they have had previous traditional anime adaptations. When someone calls a character an anime character it has to do with overall character aesthetic. Not whether they actually are from or have been in anime before. The characters I was refering to all have very obvious in your face anime aesthetic that is not a debate that is fact. All you have to do to know that is have the ability of eyesight.
Damn who **** in your cereal I hadn't even read anything you said before posting.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Damn who **** in your cereal I hadn't even read anything you said before posting.
Lmfao please **** off you're the one who came in here saying some dumb **** first. You're just pissed someone called you out on **** you clearly don't know anything about. I wasn't even mad at you, I was just correcting you on what you said because it was factually wrong. You're the only person upset about anything.

If you don't want to get called out on **** how about next time you actually make sure your claims are accurate before youy say some ****. Otherwise you have no one else but you to blame when someone points out that you're wrong.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
Lmfao please ** off you're the one who came in here saying some dumb ** first. You're just pissed someone called you out on **** you clearly don't know anything about. I wasn't even mad at you, I was just correcting you on what you said because it was factually wrong. You're the only person upset about anything.

If you don't want to get called out on ** how about next time you actually make sure your claims are accurate before youy say some **. Otherwise you have no one else but you to blame when someone points out that you're wrong.
Idk what you mean by factual when anime means anime "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children." factually. Where as none of the 4 heroes from DQ in smash bros have an anime to my knowledge, Nor does any of the fire emblem characters (Except Marth). I know nothing of SNK and I know of persona and ff7's adaptations but that doesn't change the fact that they are still video game characters originally? All I was saying was why they are called "anime" instead of a more correct unbiased term for it such as a specific art style (enter character name). But honestly I don't even know why I am replying to you as you are clearly the one mad here so my apologies for offending you somehow I hope you have a good day.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Idk what you mean by factual when anime means anime "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children." factually. Where as none of the 4 heroes from DQ in smash bros have an anime to my knowledge, Nor does any of the fire emblem characters (Except Marth). I know nothing of SNK and I know of persona and ff7's adaptations but that doesn't change the fact that they are still video game characters originally? All I was saying was why they are called "anime" instead of a more correct unbiased term for it such as a specific art style (enter character name). But honestly I don't even know why I am replying to you as you are clearly the one mad here so my apologies for offending you somehow I hope you have a good day.
My guy did you even read what I originally said? I literally state in my closing point. That the reason that these characters are called "anime" characters is due to their character aesthetic. Because it is just true that they look like characters clean out of an anime. Regardless of the actual meaning of anime in Japan. Anime AESTHETIC is still a thing that exists. If you understand that people are talking about how these characters look. Then you ****ing answered your own question and your entire argument is irrelevant anyway because the question is pointless.

As for the characters in here that haven't had actual anime iterations. The fact that their respective IP in general have anime completely undermines your point anyway. Because if these games have had anime before how does that change the fact that artistically speaking they are anime as ****?

Also there's difference between being mad about something someone said, and just pointing out someone asked a stupid question. I called out your question because it was dumb but that doesn't mean I'm mad at you for it. It's really not that serious, there's nothing to be mad about for me. But the fact you just outright assumed I was actually mad at you speaks volumes on how you take criticism.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Man listening to FFVII music just makes me want to listen to KH music. Sephiroth has made me want Sora way more than I did when Cloud was announced. Currently I haven't heard any characters that scream "I'm 100% in smash" from the lists people keep making, its always the same (Crash, Dante, Doomguy, etc) but it really feels like Sora belongs there. I see lots of people claiming that Source said, "Nintendo didn't take Sora and Sephiroth was a substitute" I really wonder where that came from.

I have seen nothing from Nintendo that would discount a character like Sora, and yet in every discussion he's immediately dismissed as impossible. Its always at the point when a character is dismissed as impossible that they end up showing up, here's hoping Sora does the same.

Soo do you guys think there will be any mention of Sora/Kingdom Hearts in the next Sakurai column thing for Sephiroth?
Probably not but if it is it will be a small section just to highlight the games he's appeared in.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I saw it was made by the same person who "deconfirmed" Sora before Imran khan
I guess its another blown out of proportion claim [sigh]. From what I've read on that it seems just like his predictions on what was going on. I mean I don't really know who they are, are they a leaker or a person with particular insight into smash?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
About Sora:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
🤷‍♂️

isn't the person who did KH music on board with smash though?
yeah Yoko Shimomura. Did the treasure trove remix if i remember correctly. Also did a lot of the street fighter songs. She has KH music on Spotify as well so I think the music is easy to get.

I don't think i've ever heard anything bad about Yoko so KH music would be a lock. The problem stems from getting all these companies in the same room, or the like.

edit: realizing now that was probably a rhetoric damn I need sleep

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Here's my concept for a Sora trailer:
Loosely picking up from one of WoL's possible endings; Galeem is defeated, his Master Hand army disappearing with him. Dharkon now reigns supreme, with :ultmario: lying down in defeat. Dharkon appears in the sky, ready to swallow the world in darkness. However, one last flickering light appears in the sky, with all the other heroes taking notice; the camera then moves closer to it, revealing a door. A mysterious figure then appears from the door and strikes Dharkon in his eye. As he is wounded, Dharkon takes note of the figure, who then jumps back to the ground, with the camera revaling a famaliar keychain.

"I won't let this world fall to the darkness."

The other heroes, including :ultcloud:, look up to this figure.

Sora
Lights the Way!

With renewed hope, the other heroes join Sora in another battle against Dharkon, with the last scene before gameplay emulating a cutscene-to-gameplay transition from Kingdom Hearts 3.

The trailer then cuts to Sora performing various attacks on Dharkon's pupper fighters. This includes normal combos like Aerial Finish, Magnet Burst and Explosion; magic attacks like Firaga, Blizzaga, Aeroga, Thundaga, and Curaga; and other special moves of Sora's, like Sonic Blade, Airstep, and Ars Arcanum (there is also a bit with Sora next to Duck Hunt). In a battle against Dharkon, Sora stuns Dharkon with an Aeroza Situation Command, and Dharkon switches to Phase 2. This then cuts to a CGI bit where Sora unleashes his Final Smash, Ultimate Union Ragnarok. He effortlessly destorys the Crazy Hands and eventually pierces through Dharkon's eye riding a storm of Keyblades, destroying the lord of darkness.

SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE x KINGDOM HEARTS

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney
Moveset reference: Post movesets for your most wanted characters | Smashboards

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Here's my take:
Intro: Sora appears from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.
Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.
Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • KH3 outfit (default)
  • KH2 outfit (alternate costume)
  • Riku (KH3 black)
  • Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  • Kairi (KH3 pink)
  • Limit Form
  • Donald (KH3 blue)
  • Goofy (KH2 green)

Walk: His walk from the games.
Dash: His run from the games.
Damage: His damage animation from the games.
Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.
Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.

Normal Attacks
A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (4% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (11%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (9%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (8%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)
Get-up Attack: Vicinity Break; Sora sweeps the floor with his Keyblade in a 360 spin (9%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Sora casts Magnet and binds the opponent
Pummel: Sora crunches the opponent with Magnet (2.1%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Magic Selection
; Sora can select a magic spell from his list. Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
  • Firaga: Sora summons two rings of fire than encircle him (17%, OK knockback)
  • Blizzaga: Sora shoots three snowflakes that have a chance of freezing the opponent (10%, OK knockback); using this in the air has Sora shoot them diagonally downward
  • Thundaga: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that forms a dome (15%, OK knockback)
  • Aeroga: Sora surrounds himself in a windy barrier that halves damage taken and reflects projectiles; the spell lasts for 18 seconds
  • Curaga: Sora heals up to 150% taken damage, but can only use it once per stock; can also heal nearby allies by 1/3
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses (6% each hit, small knockback)
B + Up : Airstep; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds).
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of nine slashes (19%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of four Grand Magic spells, which are obtained by using one spell consistently, and that spell will appear for a set amount of time.
  • Firaza has Sora summon a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (25%, medium knockback)
  • Blizzaza has Sora fire a giant icicle that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (25%, medium knockback)
  • Thundaza has Sora rain down a pillar of electricity and combo any opponents above him (25%, medium knockback)
  • Aeroza has Sora summons a tornado that circles him, sending opponents flying (30%, far knockback)
Whenever you use a Grand Magic tier of a spell, that spell enters a 15 second cool down period.

Lock-On: By shielding and pressing B, Sora can lock on to foes to better aim his magic. The yellow variant that appears on random foes is there when Sora doesn’t lock on, and the blue variant for when Sora DOES lock on is there as well.

Taunts
1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes
1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.
Boxing Ring Title: The Key to Many Hearts
Victory Music: Sora’s theme
Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.
I edited this by scrapping Flowmotion; I figured it was too complicated for Smash.

Looking closer at this; how easy do you think it'll be for someone to handle this moveset?

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Here's my concept for a Sora trailer:
Loosely picking up from one of WoL's possible endings; Galeem is defeated, his Master Hand army disappearing with him. Dharkon now reigns supreme, with :ultmario: lying down in defeat. Dharkon appears in the sky, ready to swallow the world in darkness. However, one last flickering light appears in the sky, with all the other heroes taking notice; the camera then moves closer to it, revealing a door. A mysterious figure then appears from the door and strikes Dharkon in his eye. As he is wounded, Dharkon takes note of the figure, who then jumps back to the ground, with the camera revaling a famaliar keychain.

"I won't let this world fall to the darkness."

The other heroes, including :ultcloud:, look up to this figure.

Sora
Lights the Way!

With renewed hope, the other heroes join Sora in another battle against Dharkon, with the last scene before gameplay emulating a cutscene-to-gameplay transition from Kingdom Hearts 3.

The trailer then cuts to Sora performing various attacks on Dharkon's pupper fighters. This includes normal combos like Aerial Finish, Magnet Burst and Explosion; magic attacks like Firaga, Blizzaga, Aeroga, Thundaga, and Curaga; and other special moves of Sora's, like Sonic Blade, Airstep, and Ars Arcanum (there is also a bit with Sora next to Duck Hunt). In a battle against Dharkon, Sora stuns Dharkon with an Aeroza Situation Command, and Dharkon switches to Phase 2. This then cuts to a CGI bit where Sora unleashes his Final Smash, Ultimate Union Ragnarok. He effortlessly destorys the Crazy Hands and eventually pierces through Dharkon's eye riding a storm of Keyblades, destroying the lord of darkness.

SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE x KINGDOM HEARTS

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney
Moveset reference: Post movesets for your most wanted characters | Smashboards
This made me realize that Sora would make for the perfect final character. I know they don't usually give us big reveals for our final character, but maybe they will this time around.

Also your moveset would handle just fine, I think. Kinda like Hero.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Posted this on the SE thread, but ill post it here too. I do think Sora has a chance, and dont really think Sephiroth being in Smash hurts his chances. Sora at the end of the day is a Disney rep, not a Square one. So they both can exist in the same pass. I can see if negotiations went well between all companies, Disney would agree to allow Sora in Smash on the condition he is the last character. Reason for this is they get more exposure and build up this way. Even when Disney has lent out its characters to Fortnite they make sure they get a whole event for it. Disney is the type of negotiator that makes sure they get maximum exposure, and best case for profits. So if Sora happens it may happen this way.

Also because iv seen this used a lot, Imran Kahn never deconfirmed Sora, he was just speculating. In the same video he said he thinks Sora is likely, for all we know he has no insider information whatsoever on the negotiations with Disney and Nintendo.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Maybe another reason to leave Sora for last was to properly finish all the time-consuming negotiations needed. Given how apparently Steve was in talks for 5 years, I can easily see Sora taking quite a bit. I wouldn't say quite as long, but a while.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Another crisis averted! At least for us. My heart goes out to the Geno fans though. Especially when you see the response to the news. The way the community is treating his deconfirmation has gotta feel like a spit to the face.
With everything said and done, I can't help but feel relieved that this wasn't us. We live to speculate another day, however people are still preaching mis-information as if it's gospel which is agitating to say the least. At the same time, there's also some thing that I didn't notice until after the Sakurai presentation that I can't ignore;
Let me try and put my feelings on the matter in another way

Imagine if Hero and Chrono were in the same pass. They may not technically be under the same umbrella but it's still two characters with Akira Toriyama's artstyle and seeming them doubled up in the pass would be strange, right?
View attachment 295291

Like, even if you were to say put Sora at the very end it would still be odd with Sephiroth there

View attachment 295292

If we end up getting a Pass 3 it's another story, but I really don't think Sora and Sephiroth are getting in at the same time.
For starters, MonkeyDLenny's post. Initially, I dismissed his argument simply because Nomura neither owned Sephiroth or Sora. But I noticed something by the end of Sakurai's presentation; Nomura was credited for Sepiroth's design, which isn't something that's happened at all for any other 3rd party character in the series. Not even Cloud. This puts his thoughts in a completely different light and can't be so easily dismissed as I initially thought. At the same time, I still don't think it'd deconfirm him on the basis that Sora isn't owned by Nomura. It's still interesting nonetheless. On a side note, they also credited Yo****aka Amano for the logo design, so maybe this is just a new approach to crediting. Or one specific to this occasion.

Sephiroth got me thinking; what would Sora's weight in Smash be?
I'm hoping somewhere between Mario and Fox.

---
And you need to chill. The question wasn't hostile in any way, shape, or form which makes insulting his intelligence for such a minor thing an extremely toxic response. Keep that nonsense at the door.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Another crisis averted! At least for us. My heart goes out to the Geno fans though. Especially when you see the response to the news. The way the community is treating his deconfirmation has gotta feel like a spit to the face.
With everything said and done, I can't help but feel relieved that this wasn't us. We live to speculate another day, however people are still preaching mis-information as if it's gospel which is agitating to say the least. At the same time, there's also some thing that I didn't notice until after the Sakurai presentation that I can't ignore;

For starters, MonkeyDLenny's post. Initially, I dismissed his argument simply because Nomura neither owned Sephiroth or Sora. But I noticed something by the end of Sakurai's presentation; Nomura was credited for Sepiroth's design, which isn't something that's happened at all for any other 3rd party character in the series. Not even Cloud. This puts his thoughts in a completely different light and can't be so easily dismissed as I initially thought. At the same time, I still don't think it'd deconfirm him on the basis that Sora isn't owned by Nomura. It's still interesting nonetheless. On a side note, they also credited Yo****aka Amano for the logo design, so maybe this is just a new approach to crediting. Or one specific to this occasion.

And you need to chill. The question wasn't hostile in any way, shape, or form which makes insulting his intelligence for such a minor thing an extremely toxic response. Keep that nonsense at the door.
They have to credit Amano for the logo designs because he owns them outright. As far as I've seen, he's the only person that gets his own copyright listing for Final Fantasy stuff. Take my copy of the FFVI soundtrack for example, Amano gets credited because it uses his logo design. Everything else is just Copyright of Square Enix.
amano.png

Ignore the dodgy image taking.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I could quite easily see Sora appear as the last DLC, we don't know any of the demands companies make for these characters but it is possible that Disney want Sora to be last so they can set up marketing or want to be the big final announcement for smash.
On the other hand Sora could appear anywhere around a Disney styled event (I don't actually know if they have one dedicated for gaming though). I mean if Sora was negotiated for with Disney it makes sense that he didn't appear at the game awards (if he was ever planned then) because Disney wanted people to view their press conference rather than the Game Awards.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
They have to credit Amano for the logo designs because he owns them outright. As far as I've seen, he's the only person that gets his own copyright listing for Final Fantasy stuff. Take my copy of the FFVI soundtrack for example, Amano gets credited because it uses his logo design. Everything else is just Copyright of Square Enix.
View attachment 296341
Ignore the dodgy image taking.
I know, I just brought it up because his name is the only other name that's credited.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, how are we feeling today? Are you guys confident that Sora will not fall victim to the Mii costume treatment or not? I've seen a lot of arguments for how Disney would not give Sora just for a Mii costume, how he is either a character or nothing, but I can't shake the feeling that perhaps they are being too confident.
Im ready for whatever happends in the future. Ill even take a mii costume

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Just a quick FYI: If Scholastic and a bunch of merchandise creators could get their hands on the KH license, I’m sure Nintendo could if negotiations went well enough. At the end of the day, it falls on whether or not Nomura’s okay with it (and he’s approved a lot of KH-related things).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just a quick FYI: If Scholastic and a bunch of merchandise creators could get their hands on the KH license, I’m sure Nintendo could if negotiations went well enough. At the end of the day, it falls on whether or not Nomura’s okay with it (and he’s approved a lot of KH-related things).
Or just...Look at fortnite.
You'll tell me Disney would **** their pants with Sora went to go hand to hand vs Mario, but Thanos doing the Orange Justice dance or Rey doing the classic dance in a Squad with Batman and Deadpool was fine.

Cmon guys.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You'll tell me Disney would **** their pants with Sora went to go hand to hand vs Mario, but Thanos doing the Orange Justice dance or Rey doing the classic dance in a Squad with Batman and Deadpool was fine.

Cmon guys.
yeesh the more i hear about that game the less i like

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
At this point, I don't have high hopes for Sora. That said, though, I wonder if it would be difficult to get Kingdom Hearts music in Smash.

If we could get Mario & Luigi, Xenoblade & Street Fighter music, then I think we're fine when dealing with Yoko at least. But I'm not 100% sure who owns the KH music (also her most recent remix is here with Cosmo Canyon).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At this point, I don't have high hopes for Sora. That said, though, I wonder if it would be difficult to get Kingdom Hearts music in Smash.

Personally, I think this song would work really well on Sephiroth's stage.

Minus the Utada songs, most are done by Yoko so it wouldnt be hard

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet

Cmon guys.
I agree with you but, we have to remember that Fortnite is a completely different beast. As much as we may hate to admit it, the market for crossovers with Fortnite far outweighs a potential crossover with Smash by getting Sora in and if there’s one thing the Mouse likes above anything else, it’s that sweet sweet cash. I’d love to be wrong though, and I really hope Disney stops being A**holes and let’s our boy get in before DLC is done.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I could quite easily see Sora appear as the last DLC, we don't know any of the demands companies make for these characters but it is possible that Disney want Sora to be last so they can set up marketing or want to be the big final announcement for smash.
On the other hand Sora could appear anywhere around a Disney styled event (I don't actually know if they have one dedicated for gaming though). I mean if Sora was negotiated for with Disney it makes sense that he didn't appear at the game awards (if he was ever planned then) because Disney wanted people to view their press conference rather than the Game Awards.
September 2021 is around when D23 is supposed to happen so it's not entirely impossible that he could be saved for last.

Minus the Utada songs, most are done by Yoko so it wouldnt be hard
It would be weird to not have instrumental or remix versions of Utada songs. But if that's what sacrifice we need to make to get any KH music in, I'm fine with it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if Sora eventually can't get in this time for rather hypocritical reasons, we gotta keep in mind that Sak managed to break a rather important barrier. The guy got characters from both sides of Square-Enix and earned more FF7 content on top of it.

It may be a long road, but the more that SE's territory is crossed, the closer they'll get to Disney being reasonable enough to lend Sora.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I was chill when I asked that. I was legitemately curious. Now as for me insulting him, look bro I'll tell you what I tell anyone else. I am a self acknowledged asshole, and I don't censor myself to be pretend nice to people I could give less of single **** about on the internet. Who I'll also more then likely never talk to again. I'm a blunt person by nature, that's just who I am. The internet isn't a safe space.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Even if Sora eventually can't get in this time for rather hypocritical reasons, we gotta keep in mind that Sak managed to break a rather important barrier. The guy got characters from both sides of Square-Enix and earned more FF7 content on top of it.

It may be a long road, but the more that SE's territory is crossed, the closer they'll get to Disney being reasonable enough to lend Sora.

was that really a barrier?

I was chill when I asked that. I was legitemately curious. Now as for me insulting him, look bro I'll tell you what I tell anyone else. I am a self acknowledged asshole, and I don't censor myself to be pretend nice to people I could give less of single **** about on the internet. Who I'll also more then likely never talk to again. I'm a blunt person by nature, that's just who I am. The internet isn't a safe space.
so what youre saying is that because the internet is nasty you might as well be nasty as well and contribute to the problem rather than try and solve it? that is toxic

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

Cmon guys.
Has fortnite actually got any Disney Disney characters though. Like I know it has Marvel and Star Wars but is there a Goofy, Mulan, Snow white or Mickey Mouse blasting the battlefield. I feel Sora fits more with the traditional Disney characters and I don't think Disney likes licensing them out much... Or not, I'm not Disney I don't know what they want... haha...

Top Bottom