• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora from Kingdom Hearts is the Final Character for Ultimate

sora smash banner.jpg

It's been a long period of speculation, but after many years we now have our final character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The final character is none other than Sora from Kingdom Hearts!

You can watch the full presentation here:

Sora comes with 4 alternate costumes, each of them based on his appearance from a different Kingdom Hearts game. His stage is Hollow Bastion and he comes with 9 songs from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Additionally, 3 new mii costumes were revealed during the presentation. They were as follows:
  • Octoling wig (Splatoon)
  • Judd hat (Splatoon)
  • Doom Slayer (Doom)
1633444782506.png

Sora - along with the mii costumes - will release on October 18th.

Author's Note: How do you feel about Sora being the final character? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Well considering that Sugiyama didn't believe that we filthy westerners even deserved to hear his music in it's ideal quality, I'd be more than willing to bet he wouldn't budge for a game that includes characters designed by what in his mind are inferior humans.

And just to be clear, Sugiyama's beliefs are absolute trash.
*were

He's dead, Jim.

Well considering that Sugiyama didn't believe that we filthy westerners even deserved to hear his music in it's ideal quality, I'd be more than willing to bet he wouldn't budge for a game that includes characters designed by what in his mind are inferior humans.

And just to be clear, Sugiyama's beliefs are absolute trash.
If Squeenix isn't willing to pay what the man deserves, then it's their fault we don't get his music, not his.
Not going to derail this conversation with it, but I'd say you've likely been misinformed. As they say, a lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on.

If Squeenix isn't willing to pay what the man deserves, then it's their fault we don't get his music, not his.
Not going to derail this conversation with it, but I'd say you've likely been misinformed. As they say, a lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on.
Sugiyama's beliefs have been known for years, like, well over a decade or two. I'd say a decade is a good time to correct said info if it were false, but it's not. The dude straight up publically denied Japan having done any war crimes to China or Korea during WW2, and has been part of many Japanese Nationalist movements, to not even begin on his anti-LGBT viewpoints.

Last edited:
...somebody didn't bother to do research, I see.

You realize he said it might not be about the money, right? So why do you keep throwing the "money" argument?

Sugiyama likely never budged no matter how many zeroes were added into the offer, because it's possible that he'd rather stick to his beliefs than sell out.

With that said, the issue might even be something else entirely. We don't have any ****ing idea how business deals go; all we see is their end results. So we're pretty much arguing over some highly speculative content. Maybe all of us are wrong over how things happened? That's just the part of not knowing of negotiations.

But going back to the "money" argument, I think companies have a lot more in their minds than just Smash, so they can't just throw all of their money into that.

Square in particular were working on like, three AAA games at the time Hero was negotiated (KH3's DLC, FF7 Remake, Marvel Avengers) and that's not even counting the various HD3D games that were either in developement or in the planning stages (DQ3's remake, Triangle Strategy), the DQ11 port for Switch (because yes, even ports cost money; anything that requires employees to work costs money) or other games like Melody of Memory, so I wouldn't be surprised if their budgeting had to be tightened up.

Last edited:
...somebody didn't bother to do research, I see.
Yeah, you. I've seen both arguments, one of them exists in reality and one is a fabrication by people who want to hate a guy for **** he didn't say.

You realize he said it might not be about the money, right? So why do you keep throwing the "money" argument?
Yeah, what an amazing argument. Xenophobia instead of the realistic "He wasn't paid for his work, therefore his work didn't get included."

Sugiyama's beliefs have been known for years, like, well over a decade or two. I'd say a decade is a good time to correct said info if it were false, but it's not. The dude straight up publically denied Japan having done any war crimes to China or Korea during WW2, and has been part of many Japanese Nationalist movements, to not even begin on his anti-LGBT viewpoints.
His anti-LGBT beliefs are speculation based on a politician coming on to a show that he co-hosts and spouting off. He never said anything about them. You are not responsible for the views of guests, and allowing someone to speak doesn't mean you wholeheartedly agree with them.

I got nothing to say about the war crime denial.

Last edited:
Yeah, you. I've seen both arguments, one of them exists in reality and one is a fabrication by people who want to hate a guy for **** he didn't say.

Yeah, what an amazing argument. Xenophobia instead of the realistic "He wasn't paid for his work, therefore his work didn't get included."

His anti-LGBT beliefs are speculation based on a politician coming on to a show that he co-hosts and spouting off. He never said anything about them. You are not responsible for the views of guests, and allowing someone to speak doesn't mean you wholeheartedly agree with them.

I got nothing to say about the war crime denial.
It's literally not speculation?

n 2015, Sugiyama made an appearance on the television program Hi Izuru Kuni Yori where he was shown agreeing with views shared by Japanese politician Mio Sugita who said there was no need for LGBT education in Japanese schools, as well as dismissing concerns about high suicide rates among the community. Sugiyama added that the lack of children born from LGBT couples was an important topic to discuss, also suggesting that Japan was more empowering to women than South Korea. He later recanted his statement by saying that LGBT couples have existed throughout human history and he supported the use of governments to "occasionally" help them. - taken from Wikipedia.

On the literal same program, Sugita says that being LGBT leads to bestiality and incest.

Not to mention the man was openly racist against other countries.

It's literally not speculation?

n 2015, Sugiyama made an appearance on the television program Hi Izuru Kuni Yori where he was shown agreeing with views shared by Japanese politician Mio Sugita who said there was no need for LGBT education in Japanese schools, as well as dismissing concerns about high suicide rates among the community. Sugiyama added that the lack of children born from LGBT couples was an important topic to discuss, also suggesting that Japan was more empowering to women than South Korea. He later recanted his statement by saying that LGBT couples have existed throughout human history and he supported the use of governments to "occasionally" help them. - taken from Wikipedia.

On the literal same program, Sugita says that being LGBT leads to bestiality and incest.

Not to mention the man was openly racist against other countries.
It's literally speculating a man's position for pro/anti by attributing words that another person (Sugita) said and him not aggressively fighting them the way that westerners tend to. It's obvious by your referencing Wikipedia that he wanted to have a conversation about things he may have been ignorant on, which isn't a crime, so I'm not going to hold it against him as a person. If you are, then I'll disagree with you on that and leave it at that.

It's literally speculating a man's position for pro/anti by attributing words that another person (Sugita) said and him not aggressively fighting them the way that westerners tend to. It's obvious by your referencing Wikipedia that he wanted to have a conversation about things he may have been ignorant on, which isn't a crime, so I'm not going to hold it against him as a person. If you are, then I'll disagree with you on that and leave it at that.
The guy literally made jokes about minorities on his own tv show. And you still want to argue that he's not xenophobic and homophobic?

You know, most of the people that defend people like that are well... you know, just like them.

The guy literally made jokes about minorities on his own tv show. And you still want to argue that he's not xenophobic and homophobic?

You know, most of the people that defend people like that are well... you know, just like them.
I thought for a while of what to reply to you with, but considering the last thing you said, there's no point in discussing anything with you at all. You don't care why someone might argue with you on this, you've already ignorantly decided what I am. There's no point in derailing further.

Sugiyama’a views isn’t speculation nor was it a secret - he was very outspoken about them and people in Japan knew them (or those who paid attention to them.). But here’s the clincher! Surprise, surprise! A LOT OF PEOPLE had those same views. I’ve know teachers, principals in schools, government employees, and others who had similar or even more radical views. I’ve even know a principal who once outed a foreign english teacher and advised students and staff, during a school assembly, to not use the restroom with him. The poor guy left a few months later due to harassment. Japan literally doesn’t give a ****; well the younger generation might but they aren’t going to get into the streets to protest anything. They could care less about Sugiyama’s views.

So while people are debating Sugiyama and his views in the West, Japan is sitting over there not giving a **** about them. That’s the truth. Anyone who is would be like Japan Times, politically active youth, or foreigners. The half of the other people are like…”Who was Sugiyama” while the other half is like “ehh…we are ok with it. He made good music.”

But I question WHY we are discussing Sugiyama in the Sora Reveal news article in the first place. I’m going to have to ask to move these to DMs and let discussion move towards Sora’s reveal and eventual release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom