• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiser

Smash Lord
orz it clearly it says they're owned by Disney. whatever though..>_>

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
Masahiro's Company name is Sora, which would create too much confusion. So, for this silly reason... No.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Aiser said:
orz it clearly it says they're owned by Disney. whatever though..>_>

I need more then 1 cited source saying that. I treid finding more info but gave up. . . W/E.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Until you find something to refute it with, its owned by Disney.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
myself said:
Something that might clear up some issues, though, is that on the back of the box, it says Tarzan is owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, but all the other char designs are owned by Square CO., LTD. I saw what OcarinaLink posted about DisneyLand selling KH, but if Disney is going to make money off it and they have some ownership over the licensing, than why wouldn't they sell it? Heck, it might cut down on some shipping costs for them.
This is why you always needed at least three sources for any school report, because two can be a stalemate. I can't check it now, but I could swear the title screen says the same thing, which would make it look like anything in the game that's not obviously Disney is owned by Square Soft. Although now that I think about it, "Heartless" does sound more like something Disney would come out with than Square.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
Black/Light said:
^ Until I see more cites, I stay with my idea thats hes owned by S/E.
We have a picture of Sora that says "(C) Disney" in big black letters, and we have nothing at all to suggest that Sora is owned by Square Enix.

The fact that the picture says "(C) Disney" is basically proof that Sora is owned at least in part by Disney. Even if Square holds some of the rights to Sora, SSBB's developers will have to go through Disney, which would be hellish.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
First rule of the Internet (which many people seem to fail to remember on a regular basis): Believe nothing without absolute proof; i.e., post a pic of your pic.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Dizzy- I dont see that as hard proof. It's the net. . . I'v seen alot of things being passed as real. And if S/E shares the rights to him with disney then theres still the chance that they have more shares with would make it easyer for Nintendo.

Blacksheap82- I absolutly agree

Aiser- You act like 1 cited source is enuff to prove your side. I need MORE THAN 1 cited source to agree with you (If you were doing a paper at my old school I would need 10 but 3-5 should be good.). As fare as I know that 1 source could be wrong or missworded.

So lets both wait. . .

Aiser

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Aiser- You act like 1 cited source is enuff to prove your side. I need MORE THAN 1 cited source to agree with you (If you were doing a paper at my old school I would need 10 but 3-5 should be good.). As fare as I know that 1 source could be wrong or missworded.
Its THE ONLY source for both sides. Show me something anything that cites "sora is owned by sqaure." You also have two sources the picture and the link. you've already decided you're not gonna reguard the picture.

http://buenavistagames.go.com/product/kingdomHeartsPS2.html

Four new major DISNEY characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi and the Heartless) debut alongside more than 100 beloved DISNEY characters including Jafar from Disney's Aladdin, Clayton from Disney's Tarzan TM, Hades from Hercules, The Queen of Hearts from Disney's Alice in Wonderland and many more
two places getting it wrong? hmm

and numerious fansites claim this to be true as well...

Black/Light

Smash Master
^Well post some OFFICIAL sites that say this. Your right, I wont see that pic as proof of anything.

And do you know how many sites say that that SSBB rumor is true? You can't be sure of any net cites without multable sources. . . And 2 are not enuff (I said 3-5). So 3-5 OFFICIAL cites

. . . Lets wait together.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Aiser said:
Okay, in that source you stated, it said it was created by the guy who created the characters for FF7 and FF8. That's enough right there

Does he work for Disney or does he work for Square?

Disney can put whatever caption they want in the game, because they have a join partnership in the Kingdom Hearts title, however, the person who actually CREATED Sora, Riku, and all the other HUMAN lookin characters are made by the guy that drew up Cloud and Squall.

Here's something again that will make it ALL VERY SIMPLE

In Diddky Kong racing, it says Conkey, T.T. The Clock and that chicken, (forgot his name), were all brand new NINTENDO CHARACTERS. "Help Diddky Kong and all his friends stop Whizpig from taking over the island"

Yes they are NINTENDO characters, and yes they are on a NINTENDO SYSTEm

However, RAREWARE created T.T, Conker, and that Chicken .You'll never see Conker or the Chicken on super Smash bros. Brawl without going through RARE first. Same way how now Conker is an X-VOX character. Yes Conker belongs to Nintendo, but one it comes down to the individual nitty gritty of one character, it's all up to the fine people, that DREW CONKR UP AND GAVE HIM THE NAME, Rarewarw

Disney joined with Square to make a game, so they have jointness in everything, same way Nintendo and Rare did for Diddy Kong Racing, DonkeyKong 64, and Goldeneye, however, The guy that drew SORA UP AND GAVE HIM HIS NAME, just like Cloud and Squall, works for SQUARE, meaning Square hasthe say in where it ends up.

And honestly, how can any of you think that Disney created him? DISNEY CREATES ANIMALS< AND MYTHOLIGIC HUMAN PEOPLE, it does not take a rocket scientists to see that Disney does NOT create swordsmen. How can you not see the difference between Sora and Riku from Donald and Goofy?

HE'S FREAKIN TEENAGE CLOUD WITH BAGGY PANTS AND BROWN HAIR!!!!

Anways, that rare/Nintendo Square/Disney cmparison should clear things up

Black/Light

Smash Master
I guess so. . . As you can see from my sign Im done with school so Im not really willing to put in 100% trying to cite anything (Im in summer mode and I tried as hard as Im going to to find out who owns him.).

Stalemate?

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
NO STALEMATE, my awe inspiring post, should clear things up. Arguing that Sora belongs to Disney, is like saying Sorceror Mikey belongs to Square-Enix

And what school did you graduate from Black/Light?
I graduated last Monday, annd since we're both in Chi0Town, I might know what school you left

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh, well come on and join the agruement. (^_^)

And I graduated from Westinghouse (W.C.A). Were then you graduate from?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Hyper-Link said:
NO STALEMATE, my awe inspiring post, should clear things up. Arguing that Sora belongs to Disney, is like saying Sorceror Mikey belongs to Square-Enix
Evidence? I've provided two pieces of evidence citing the same thing. I've yet to see anything from the other side.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Aiser, I said 3-5 OFFICIAL cites. (2 web site are not enuff to prove anything. One could great it work and the other could have copyed.)

2 cited sites mean nothing to me. (I can cite 2 sites that say that SSBB. rumor is true. . . )

Aiser

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Aiser, I said 3-5 OFFICIAL cites. (2 web site are not enuff to prove anything. One could great it work and the other could have copyed.)

2 cited sites mean nothing to me.
One site is offical.... the other is a site citing an offical statement. Now I ask you again. provide something that supports your claim you have nothing but opinion right now. =\

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. Thats funny cause Westinghouse is closeing next year. They are building 2 new Westinghouse schools there. (Don't know way they wouldn't fix up the old one and build the second right by it.)

But I think I'v heard about your old school because of it being brand new.

Aiser, I said 3-5 OFFICIAL not 1 official and 1 non-official. You can't realy demand anything until you have all your stuff together.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Actually your cite contradicted itself, it said meet the new DISNEY CHARACTERS< but after that it clearly said who created Sora, which is not a Dinsye employee or personell, and clearly said it was the creator of characters like Cloud, and Squall, not creators of Mickey and Goofey, therefor it shows that Disney did not create them

They are simply slapping their name on the game, like Nintendo slapped their name on Conker's Bad Fur day on or Banjo Kazooie, YET, Nintendo doesn't own either

And it''s pretty obvious that Disney did not design Kingdom Hearts, they aren't even a game making company, they simply loaned their characters and worlds to a game is how I view it. The game plays, looks , and feels like Final fantasy, and Disney sure as hell didn't create the battle system.

Just cuz Disney SLAPPED their name on the description of Kingdom hearts, does not mean they created, or own Sora

Aiser

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Aiser, I said 3-5 OFFICIAL not 1 official and 1 non-official. You can't realy demand anything until you have all your stuff together.
Actually I can caues you're not offering anything excpet opinion..

Actually your cite contradicted itself, it said meet the new DISNEY CHARACTERS< but after that it clearly said who created Sora, which is not a Dinsye employee or personell, and clearly said it was the creator of characters like Cloud, and Squall, not creators of Mickey and Goofey, therefor it shows that Disney did not create them
He designed it, Disney bought the rights to it. This happends in bussiness alot with joint partnerships

They are simply slapping their name on the game, like Nintendo slapped their name on Conker's Bad Fur day on or Banjo Kazooie, YET, Nintendo doesn't own either
Rare did pretty much everything, Disney and Square worked together... theres a difference.

And it''s pretty obvious that Disney did not design Kingdom Hearts, they aren't even a game making company, they simply loaned their characters and worlds to a game is how I view it. The game plays, looks , and feels like Final fantasy, and Disney sure as hell didn't create the battle system.
Disney interactive does, Diseny interactive and Square worked together to make the game. also Disney buys **** alot of ****...

Just cuz Disney SLAPPED their name on the description of Kingdom hearts, does not mean they created, or own Sora
They didn't create it, they own it. I never said they created Sora don't put words in my mouth.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Well same way how Nintendo bought the rights to Conker and Banjoe, look where they are now, if someone told me 5 years ago that Conkey would be on a MICROSOFT CONSOLE, I would have pissed in their food, but it happened.

In a world, where Conker is on X-Box, Snake in Brawl, Sora in Brawl, isn't so far fetched

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. . . Don't put words in my mouth Aiser, Im just ASKING for 3-5 OFFICIAL cited sources. I never offered my opinion as a source. . . Just saying that I would like OFFICIAL proof to change my thought about it.

And my thought is that S/E owns him. . . Did I start citeing yet?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Hyper-Link said:
Well same way how Nintendo bought the rights to Conker and Banjoe, look where they are now, if someone told me 5 years ago that Conkey would be on a MICROSOFT CONSOLE, I would have pissed in their food, but it happened.
No all nintendo has is distribution rights. Disney has THE rights over Sora Riku kairi and the heartlesss..=X

funny though.. they own those characters but it seems Sqaure owns the nobodies...xP how about nobodies in brawl? xemnes plox @_@

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure all Disney has is ditribution rights also, and like Black/Light stated, all I need is ONE site, saying that Disney owns ALL RIGHTS to all the characters inside Kingdom hearts

Them being called Disney Characters, is as significant is Banjoe being called a Nintendo character

And here's another reason why Sora could still be in Brawl

As everyone knows Banjo and Conker are slated for X-Box, etc, gone from Nintendo forever, etc.

Yet about a year or 2 ago, there was a Banjo kazooie Game on GBA, WHILE RARE BELONGS TO M$

If Banjo can appear on the GBA, when M$ bought ALL THE RIGHTS TO RARE GAMES, that means there's more to this than a few website can state

So just show me one official site, saying that Disney isn't just a Producer or Distributer, but actual owner of every character insdie Kingdom hearts

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
This is still what gets me

"Developed by SQUARESOFT.
Characters from FINAL FANTASY video game series: © 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002 SQUARE CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY and the SQUARESOFT logo are registered trademarks of Square Co., Ltd. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association."

The all rights reserved and characters from Final fantasy...... Even is Disney did own property rights for Kingdom hearts(Which they don't), individual characters can still be liscensed through loopholes and whatnot.

And besides, Disney themselves said Nintendo is like the Disney of Video games, they've been around longer than everyone, they have many beloved household names, and they make family oriented games

Aiser

Smash Lord
That doesn't refute anything, it just says all final fantasy characters are trademark of Square. WHere does it say KH characters are trademarks of sqaure? oh thats right no where..

burrito

Smash Lord
Hyper-Link said:
Um, if you haven't noticed Sora, and all the villains are "final fantasy" characters
No, they're original Kingdom Hearts characters.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Demetri [People are douchebags, total Douchebags.] says:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1488880#post1488880
lolol.
Eric - Napping says:
OH YES. SORA IS A FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER.
Eric - Napping says:
lol
In order to be a Final Fantasy character you have to be IN a final Fantasy game. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom