• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooo is Brawl making it to MLG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Thats what i thought, but they just started the 09 season, and they didnt pick it up. So at best that means another year of waiting for them to pick it up.

I dont understand.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Saaaaaaad

I read on SWF somewhere that it is sponsered by microsoft
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait........ hold on. Do you mean to tell me that microsoft is sponsoring brawl tournaments?

That's a backhand to the face of nintendo, and a **** good scheme to gain the trust of nintendo fans for the 360. I'm incredibly skeptical that this isn't true, but if it is I'm not sure whether to be angry or on the floor laughing.

Message to Nintendo: If your competition is hosting things for your games and you're not, it's time to stop "leaving luck to the heavens", get off your piles of cash, and do something worthwhile for a change.

gameboii

Smash Cadet
One of the biggest problems is that MLG has no way to seed brawl. they use online ladders for their other games, but brawl online wouldnt work very well to seed a live competition. Also, another reason is that not enough of the top players play on the GB ladder.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Just seed the players based off their offline rankings... it shouldn't be that hard from what I can tell.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
biggest thing keeping it off imo is that its not fun to watch a lot of match ups. who wants to see d3 chain grabbing back and forth or wario getting release grabbed? idk thats my thoughts cuz everything else fits the requirements in terms of an mlg game. oh and melee and halo 1 never even had an online so i dont see why that should stop brawl. oh well im playin gears anyways :)

AfroQT

Smash Master
the top 10 players from a random 200 become MLG pros?

that would make the premier professional gaming league look like a joke.
Random? If money is put up (lets say $2000) for 1st, people will come. And definitely enough REAL brawl pro players will come to make the top 10 all skilled people. And who says after the first tournament they are declared MLG pros, they could wait until after the season is over to introduce seeding.

biggest thing keeping it off imo is that its not fun to watch a lot of match ups
Halo isnt particularly interesting to watch either. Of course the occassional great play comes in, other then that i dont find it interesting at all. How much fun a game looks like to watch shouldnt be considered in putting it in mlg.

WoW was on MLG, that game is based off random numbers....definitely not fun to watch.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I assume MLG loves money, so having Brawl in the roster means profit. Even then, the community for smash is really big and would hopefully attract a lot of people to the events.

Frames

DI
u dont need online for this, melee had no online if you remember and it was on the pro circuit for 3 years

you just need tournaments in high-profile areas, and use those results for the playoffs, its how they did em for years

anyways this shouldnt be here sry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom