• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sony's Title Fight: The New Smash Bros. for Playstation?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.spike.com/shows/gttv [rightw]
[/rightw]
Content Contributor: lordvaati

Spike TV
is releasing a sneak preview of Sony's new Smash-like video game: Title Fight.

Rumor has it that the game will imitate Super Smash Bros. game style.

The game will include characters such as Parappa the Rappa, Nathan Drake, Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, and much more.

Be sure to tune in to Spike TV 1:00 A.M EST to check out the review.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
This game will prolly be better than smash 4.
Also, is it just me or is there no way to reply directly from the news page?

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Playstation All-Star Battle Royale. You mean all 5 franchises Sony's actively trying to keep alive with some PS1 characters thrown in?
If I want to see Crash Bandicoot & Parrapa the Rappa in a Smash game, we can do it already for free with just an SD Card & a copy of Smash.

After looking at the stages, they look like they were copy-pasted from Little Big Planet's level editor and not in a good way. The game looks way more like DreamMix TV World Fighters than it does Smash. No visible damage number/meter, a Steet Fighter-esqe special bar, Fat Princess...what am I looking at?

Aposl

Smash Ace
Im gonna reamain hopeful, especially if crash is in this, I dont think holding this game as a side event at smash events would be a bad idea though, because its a different system, therefore set ups literally cant affect the regular smash from going slower.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Im gonna reamain hopeful, especially if crash is in this, I dont think holding this game as a side event at smash events would be a bad idea though, because its a different system, therefore set ups literally cant affect the regular smash from going slower.
possibly at some other FG tourneys as well, since i's on the most common console and(apparently) Fight stick compatible.

Aposl

Smash Ace
fight stick being compatible is awesome, wanted a stick for smash for so long.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
In her pink dress I was thinking "Why is a weird version of Peach there?", never heard of Fat Princess before.

The video didn't impress me. Combat seemed worse as did the graphical style, and I don't believe Sony will be as big on unlocks, modes and content in general, or local gameplay. They want to focus on online gaming making all or nearly all characters unlocked from the start and online Vs will probably be the main mode.

Rosterwise though Playstation version has all the chances to beat Nintendo, especially if they deliver with the 3rd party promise. When I think of Playstation, I think of Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Rayman, Soul Reaver, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Ape Escape, Micro Machines, Wipeout, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of Colossus, Ico, Driver, Medievil, GTA, Tekken, Jak & Daxter, Devil May Cry, Spyro the Dragon, Gran Turismo as well as the PS3 gen's God of War, Killzone, LBP etc. Most are 3rd parties, but if Sony manages to get even most of them the roster will crush Nintendo's (of which only Mario, DK, Zelda and Metroid are particularly dear to me). Another thing are the stages, if out of the revealed 4 stages 2 feature God of War I must be pessimistic and expect only like 10 games feature in a stage.

Though the names revealed so far for PASBR don't impress. To me Sweet Tooth is a basically a car, Fat Princess is unknown, Kratos is obvious and still not my favorites although the games are good, General "I forgot his name" could be just a generic soldier, Sly is the weakest of the platformer bunch (Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Ratchet and Jak all would triumph) and Parappa is good filler but never my main. It's safe to say Nathan Drake (boring) and Sackboy (Not the star of the game + customization) are certain fighters yet neither of them appeal to me either.

Sony has a million names in their disposal. I seriously hope there is atleast 1 character in the roster I can use as proudly as Luigi, Samus or Wario without ever thinking "I wish I played someone else". PASBR needs to quench my thirst of nostalgy like SSB does, relying on PS3 gen new exclusives doesn't do that.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
In her pink dress I was thinking "Why is a weird version of Peach there?", never heard of Fat Princess before.

The video didn't impress me. Combat seemed worse as did the graphical style, .
someone doesnt like HD

TKD

Smash Lord
if this game has no DI, its competitive value will pale ridiculously to smash bros..

i even heard that you don't damage, you just fill your super bar...and super is the only way to KO. which would obviously...be much worse.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That is correct, you don't damage, just fill up your super to kill that way.

I am unsure at the moment if there is DI, I must do more research.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
That is correct, you don't damage, just fill up your super to kill that way.

I am unsure at the moment if there is DI, I must do more research.
with my logic, what's the logic of anything other than SDI? cuz they're not flying off the stage or anything, according to the trailer.

I like the idea, but not how it came out. Another knock-off can't compare to aunthentic smash.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I'll be completely honest...
Since I've bought a PS3, I've become more and more open minded when it comes to games in other consoles.
But from what I've seen so far, i'm not impressed, in fact I'm very disappointed. I've become a huge Uncharted fan (as you can see from my avatar), but seriously I think that Nathan Drake DESERVES to be in a better game called Super Smash Bros. even though it will probably never happen.

But Solid Snake and Sonic have already proved that it's not completely impossible to add characters from different worlds and make it fit in a Nintendo game and make it work...
Though Nathan Drake is atm the "crown jewel" in Playstation world, so things doesn't look good. But just imagine if Nintendo announces the first SSB trailer and you'll suddenly see Nathan Drake in it (or maybe even Master Chief from Microsoft). I'll bet we will see lots of O-faces (:O). But in general, I think video games (and also fanboys) desperately needs this, I mean there's so much hatred (and stupidity) between video game consoles, can't we just get along with each other for one second! I think it's actually good thing if this ever happens, history will be written LOL :p

There's no such thing as "the ultimate console", only good games and people should be more open-minded when it comes to this topic...

Anyway, I'm not impressed with this game at all. I might download a demo from Playstation Store and see if I'm gonna buy it or not...

Top Bottom