• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonics Grab Release on MK

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
wtf who cares about who 'discovered' what when or how

caring about who did that kind of **** is arbitrary and irrelevant

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^

Chains is right, but then again you would be pissed too if you found something that actually made Sonic top tires and you're not going to be remembered as the guy who found it right?

Still who cares, this is situational and I would rather throw because it gets me more damage unless I happen to get lucky, grabbed him over the edge, and felt like being gay.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
it has nothing to do with the usefulness of the tech, it's still stupid.

****ing stupid people

let's bet back to its application, we understand it is hard to force but there are still ways to use it. that is were our focus should be

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
im gonna read you guys comments for now instead of saying anything. i want to see what you brainstorm. let it be known that im one of the "haters" in this regard. right now i see no need to use this "tech" even if its true, so hopefully you can convince me.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
it has nothing to do with the usefulness of the tech, it's still stupid.
no it isn't, why should someone get credit for your work?
give credit where credit is due.

****ing stupid people
let's bet back to its application, we understand it is hard to force but there are still ways to use it. that is were our focus should be

There is no application.
Sonic cannot force a jump break.
The only time they jump is if tthey hit up on the joystick, Y or X on the GC pad or up n the C stick.

yeah not gonna happen, especially since they have every other button at their disposal.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol.

why the hell are you so worried about the credit when it's useless?
and there are plenty of applications for it even though he can't force it. if you are playing a MK player who tries to jump out of every grab then you can use it.

idiot

Tesh

Smash Hero
Being avoidable doesn't make it useless does it? The fact that it is there limits an option if the other guy knows about it as well. At least you know when you grab metaknight, he won't jump release if he has the choice.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
lol.

why the hell are you so worried about the credit when it's useless?
Stems from my hacker habits where if you are not accredited for that code, you ca se people.

and there are plenty of applications for it even though he can't force it. If you run into an MK player who is stupid it has plenty of use
Fixed

Bag of sperm

Being avoidable doesn't make it useless does it? The fact that it is there limits an option if the other guy knows about it as well. At least you know when you grab metaknight, he won't jump release if he has the choice.
Which is why it is useless. You do not choose whether to perform the air release, it is completely up to MK. Let alone it is not hard to force a ground release, after which Sonic has absolute nothing to use on MK.

It is much better to use an Upthrow as opposed to something that may not even work out.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you think it's useless, get out of my thread and stop trying to convince everyone to stop brainstorming about what you can actually do with this.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Is that a legit infinite on MK?
(Aside from not being forable. Ah well, I guess you can regrab or jab or something against the wall.)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
its an infinite if they air release. i usually don't try to regrab and use it to dsmash or fsmash. if you try and ARI (Air Release Infinite) then they usually catch on and stop trying to jump out of your grab

i have found that dsmash actually works out better than fsmash does at almost every percent, fsmash hits MK up rather than behind you like dsmash does

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I should also explain the fsmash versus dsmash more

fsmash puts MK above you and recovers quick enough to counter attack, probably with a dair or a nair. I've pulled a jab, uptilt and even an ftilt with them coming on the way down but it isn't reliable. Even if you do pull of an attack he'll still be high enough were you end up in a bad spot.

dsmash (unless they tech) will ricochet them off the wall and put MK behind you where you can follow up from there. Even if they do tech the IASA frames (or whatever they are called) allows you to follow up with a jab > grab pretty easily. dsmash gives you better options from my experience goes.

you can chase them if they don't teach with an IDA (Instant Dash Attack) also.

Even though this isn't something you can necessarily force, it is definantly something you should keep in mind. It is just another one of those things that Sonic mains can have that isn't ground breaking, but just another "tool" he has in his back pocket. make sense?

I've been able to do it on delfino, pirate ship, PS1, PS2 (kinda), and pictochat (kinda).
if you experiment on every level the release works a little different because of the shape of the walls but still possible, everyone should take a took when they get a chance just to see what i'm talking about

EDIT - also, if up against a wall sonic can regrab if it is a ground release.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I tried this but they had enough time to sidestep to Dsmash.

i may be doing it wrong though.

Is it a bad idea to pummel?
You want to pummel, and it depends on the distance you are away from the wall, i guess maybe that was you're problem. It isn't right up against the wall up back a little

Top Bottom