• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Alt Colors? Black Sonic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Same with every other character in the game. It's a work in progress, after all. What source is there that explicitly states that Sonic was significantlty less finished than any other character?
More derived from the explicitly stated, but that's where we get some of our news from.

Sakurai stated on the Dojo that he was iffy on Sonic's presence on the E for All Demo disc. Deriving from this, we can guess that Sonic isn't exactly all done, and I'm sure this meant for some of the moves with the physics they had, and especially the Alternate costumes.

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
Sonic can't have a jet, silver, amy or all the hedgehog costume you want. Don't forget the final smash, jet and amy can't have a super form, silver have psy powers compare to sonic so the only costume possible is shadow but again he have is own moves like chaos control/spear/blast but if sonic have a shadow costume they better put the real color at shadow because he's not all yellow in super form. Otherwise a dark sonic costume would be nice too.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I say it's a really dark blue. It was only a demo, they could change them though, I hope they do because his alt colors are kinda weak but the green shoed one is pretty badass to me.

Scourge is badass, how can you even call him gay.. He can go Super Scourge too, so it'll fit.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
That's obvious, there inside so everybody looks darker. Thaty's why sonic looks black in the gameplay but
not on the icon.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I think a Shadow costume is a shoe-in, really. Why?

It's DAM.N easy - just a pallet swap rather than anything else (Dark Link changed eyes, etc).

EDIT - D.A.M.N is not a swear word.

Karleko

Smash Cadet
Check out these videos.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU

At the beginning of that video you can see two Sonic's going at it. What's interesting is that on the little image at the bottom, you can notice the slight difference of hue between the two. This corresponds to the info that we've gotten about Sonics having slightly different hues, rather than colors. However... check this one out.

The reason why there are different hues is because...
Player 1 = red
player 2 = blue
Player 3 = green or yellow (I don't remember)
player 4 = yellow or green

xelad1

Smash Ace
All I know is that gabby ***** speaking the background of this video needs to shut the **** up immediately.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^^^If that's what you're looking for, check out the ending to Secret Rings. although it would be pretty cool to see Sonic trying to cannibalize Snake.:laugh:
I don't think that's possible, since Sonic's a hedgehog and Snake is (oddly enough, not a snake) a human.

BryanTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
His shoes changed and his Tone of color did. It'll notbe a surprise if his black figure is Shadow costume. THat'd be kool. Like for Peach, she looked like Daisy in different Color Sceme.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Guess it

I'm feeling so good today.... (thud) I still feel good cause nobody saw me fall.... try to guess from which TV program it is.
Oh and before some say something about what I'm doing here without talking about sonic
his alt costume will be shadow, but in the realease game not in the demo. I'm feeling so good tod...

Sonic_osi

Smash Rookie
Sure looks like a dark sonic in the second vid the OP posted. I would love them to add a shadown costume, just incase a second team sonic character will make it. I'd love to see tails or knuckles in the smash series.

Either way, sonic is in brawl, and looks like the old fast version so yay!

Oh, and scrubs - J.D. falling while hes skipping along happy

Controller of Flames

Smash Rookie
"Sonic was put into the game relatively late. Sakurai all but specifically said Sonic wasn't finished. I doubt they've been able to properly program his colors."

Actually we have no idea when he was put in, his announcement was just late.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
They all look AWESOME! XD Super Sonic, Purple Sonic, Red Sonic are my favorites.

Of course.. I'm also hoping for a Shadow Alt Color... (i think it was confirmed to be in though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom