• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Alt Colors? Black Sonic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Check out these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU

At the beginning of that video you can see two Sonic's going at it. What's interesting is that on the little image at the bottom, you can notice the slight difference of hue between the two. This corresponds to the info that we've gotten about Sonics having slightly different hues, rather than colors. However... check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caR_UwlZXjs

Look at it around 50 secs to see a black Sonic.

How is it that in the black Sonic video, the portrait at the bottom looks like regular blue Sonic. What's up with that? Is that a powerup or something? I know Dark Link's portrait looks dark, so why not Sonic's? Perhaps that was a hoax? It doesn't look like it. Why just Sonic? Can anyone who was there explain?

Is there an item that turns you black or something? I didn't notice any special powers that he had... so I'm just a little confused.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Only recoloring his shoes and slightly lightening/darkening his skin seems like it's gonna create a lot of "oh sheisse, I was lookin' at your guy" moments, and feels like a bit of a cop-out

Oh well, I'm inclined to believe that it was probably included in the terms when they were deciding how sonic would appear in Brawl.

The only thing I can chalk it up to is Brand Recognition... still though, I can imagine "NO GREEN/RED/YELLOW variations in MY SONIC!" when they were discussing it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sonic does look black at first, but when the camera pans down when he falls through that one platform, it looks like he changes to blue. Then, when he hops back up again, he may or may not turn back to black. I can't tell. Maybe it is some kind of item thing. I don't know.

I'm just as confounded as you. :dizzy:

EDIT: I take that back. He's black throughout the whole clip; his spin light thing just always stays blue. My bad.

I don't know. Maybe he isn't "black", just "really dark blue" so the icon still looks blue. And maybe it has to do with ****ty camera quality. I still don't know. I'm being useless.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
nope no Shadow costume sadly...just different shades of a similar type of blue with different shoes and wristbands...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Sonic was put into the game relatively late. Sakurai all but specifically said Sonic wasn't finished. I doubt they've been able to properly program his colors.

D

Deleted member

Just looks like his shoes and stomach turn to Gold. He just looks darker, that's all. =/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
there should be a Amy alt(no homo) a Shadow alt a Silver alt and another hedghog alt.
No, yes, no, and no.

Regardless, he doesn't seem to have any of the above (so far). So whatev. Sonic for Meta Knight killer.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Dark Sonic FTW.

That's going to fit me perfectly, because that's been my smash name for the past 2 years.

OMFG how did I see this comming. Lol

Crownjo

Smash Apprentice
Im glad they picked his alts to be diffrent shades of blue and his shoes and wristbands to be a diffrent color.

That way idiot pallet swapers wont make stupid picture comics and saying OMG MY FAN CHARACTER IS IN OMG!!!

McD

Smash Journeyman
Sonic looks cool no matter what colour, but when it comes to shades
OH MA GAD! BLACK!
lmao, looks great, it'd be really cool if it was a black one
looks black to me :)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
You all realize that in the middle of the 4 Sonic's video, the annoying girls proved useful. They rooted for Green Sonic to beath the crap out of Black Sonic. Also, you can easily see the Green Sonic Transforming into Super Sonic.

Although, it's pretty darn funny that the victory screen shoes four Blue Sonics regardless.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
That is the GAYEST thing I've ever seen.
*coughlemonpartycough*

Ahem, excuse me. I do agree with one of the above posters that if you put in different colored Sonics, people would think that SEGA put in their sorry excuse for a recolored fan character. But still... some variety would be nice.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
all i want for christmas is red sonic, so that i may dominate with knuckles.
Red Sonic wouldn't exactly be Knuckles, but it would be the next best thing. Hell I wouldn't even mind a full "Knuckles costume" for Sonic, even if it meant no gliding and such. A man can dream, yes?

Crownjo

Smash Apprentice
*coughlemonpartycough*

Ahem, excuse me. I do agree with one of the above posters that if you put in different colored Sonics, people would think that SEGA put in their sorry excuse for a recolored fan character. But still... some variety would be nice.
I guess I would be that poster

Oh and

I want all the smart people in this forum to know.

DO YOU REALLY WANT A DIFFRENT FUR COLORED SONIC IN THE GAME?

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Because then Nintendo would have to pay SEGA more money for the rights to use another recognizable Sonic the Hedgehog character.

Alt Colors FTW.

Dark Sonic=Freakin' sweet.
I really don't think it would be an issue to throw out some more cash. It's not like Nintendo's exactly broke... Who knows how long before this they actually made this demo. I think there is a good chance that it could have been made shortly after the implementing of Sonic (knowing thats what the fans wanted). If thats the case alternate colors would have been the fastest way to finish the demo while giving sonic some alternate costumes. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but...if Nintendo thinks it's a good idea to add shadow as a costume I don't see a little extra cash standing in their way.

Another option is that Sakurai may not have wanted to reveal everything. It is only a demo after all, gotta save some surprises. =)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I really don't think it would be an issue to throw out some more cash. It's not like Nintendo's exactly broke... Who knows how long before this they actually made this demo. I think there is a good chance that it could have been made shortly after the implementing of Sonic (knowing thats what the fans wanted). If thats the case alternate colors would have been the fastest way to finish the demo while giving sonic some alternate costumes. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but...if Nintendo thinks it's a good idea to add shadow as a costume I don't see a little extra cash standing in their way.

Another option is that Sakurai may not have wanted to reveal everything. It is only a demo after all, gotta save some surprises. =)
Sonic was unfinished by the time this demo came out, hense why he didn't have many alternate colors. - or easily definable. The guys at the Dojo said themselves that they might as well throw in Sonic, to keep the Hype going. Snake kept the Hype up for more then a Year, now it's Sonic's turn, and in a big way thanks to E for All.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sonic was unfinished by the time this demo came out...
Same with every other character in the game. It's a work in progress, after all. What source is there that explicitly states that Sonic was significantlty less finished than any other character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom