• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I've died a few time to thing i never thought of. I lost game because i tried to up-b > up air a Bowser and he just down b'd and killed me at like 30 lol
Yeah, I'm never going to Spring chase Pacs, Bowsers, Yoshis, etc. anymore. I'm so used to the height Brawl's used to give us that I almost always end up a little bit short of actually hitting them with Uair..

TehSharpie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0817-4971-4822
Oh! Funny thing: I ran into a Greninja who showed me that. I'll never fall for it again after that match; but, you should've seen the huge grin on my face when I actually came across an opponent who did something different than the masses. I legitimately enjoy playing with people who have a different style or are good enough to give me a run for my money. I only have to shift through 10 baddies to get that one person; but, it's very worth.

As for playing with you: that's something to look forward to if I manage to find time between school and work. For the time-being; regrettably, I let my friend borrow both my 3DS and my copy of smash to have a bit of practice.

... I also have no idea how I can find out my friend codes. The 3DS I have isn't even actually mine. It was a hand-me-down from Jerry when he got a XL. Really good friend, he is. I wouldn't have been able to afford a 3DS given my current and contemporary circumstance.
No hurries. Just hit me up on FB or something whenever you're free. There are actually quite a few neat things Greninja can do with his side B and so many cool setups. Also Pictochat is glorious for Shadow Sneaking.

Yeah, I'm never going to Spring chase Pacs, Bowsers, Yoshis, etc. anymore. I'm so used to the height Brawl's used to give us that I almost always end up a little bit short of actually hitting them with Uair..
Yeahhhhhhhhhh...........
Though spring chase to Uair is pretty good around 50-70% and if you feel it's safe enough, you could Dair back into your spring to regain your jump and apply more pressure.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I've died a few time to thing i never thought of. I lost game because i tried to up-b > up air a Bowser and he just down b'd and killed me at like 30 lol
I died because I didn't know Zelda's teleport hit at the end. That threw me for a loop. It hits kinda hard too. I was
Not used to it. I swear I got hit by it like 12 times :/

I'm better now.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
So Sonic's STILL horrible at killing, I still believe his Fair should be anything else, and the damage on some of his moves has actually been nerfed. Yet I do enjoy how Sonic is shaping up to be pretty good DESPITE all this so far. He seems to be my best or second best character right now. Only lost twice as him. Once because I suicided....twice in the same match, derp. And the other when I was fighting some godly Yoshi.

I am also finally starting to get good at consistently landing Sonic's Dair spikes!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yo, does anyone in here know someone whose tag is Masters S or something? I can't make the fancy S at the end of that tag, but I played this guy for almost 3 hours tonight in For Glory. We played a lot of different characters, but judging by his skills with the character and his movements, I think they're a Sonic main.

If you're in here, GGs!! I was "Clandon"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No hurries. Just hit me up on FB or something whenever you're free. There are actually quite a few neat things Greninja can do with his side B and so many cool setups. Also Pictochat is glorious for Shadow Sneaking.
Let's not forget Brinstar either. Jesus Christ, It was ANNOYING trying to tell whether or not he was going to shadow clone or whatever the Hell it is that makes him disappear and attack right after.

I will never understand why For Glory randomizes Omega stages after that fiasco. It was already a problem when I couldn't tell which stages allow me to wall-jump off of; but, holy crap I'd like to be able to SEE my opponent! :mad:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Is that from your wired or your wireless connection though?
Wireless.

I'm just gonna have to assume you guys have it waayyyy better over there than from where I am. Gave it go again and I was just bokurolling everywhere cause I can't do nothing lol. SHFair became fishflops on the ground. Urrgh.

In the home screen, go to your friend list and your mii card will show your friend code.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't think the Dair spike is reliable/worth it because you give up stage control so easily by doing it if you get just the regular hit and you may die.

Won two online tourneys of the two I've entered. From what I've gathered, :sonic: loses to :rosalina:, :4greninja:, :diddy:, and that's like it. I think we're even with :sheik:. Haven't played enough characters to make many judgements, but that's what I've got so far.

:018:

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Anybody play a sonic mirror today? For like 10-15 matches. Some good ones.

Was against Ian.... Looking for some guy named Deathsomething.

Last edited:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Anybody play a sonic mirror today? For like 10-15 matches. Some good ones.

Was against Ian.... Looking for some guy named Deathsomething.
You may want to check out the thread on the 3ds general discussion page. I forget the name of it. Something like "Who was that?!" May have better luck there.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I thought it might be one of the gang here on the sonic boards so I was just curious.

Ya know for discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom