• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Vs Wolf

minimullen

Smash Rookie
Someone please try this...ha ha:confused:

I find it very hard to hit wolf that much if he is spamming his gun against sonic...
I feel this may counter sonic.:dizzy:
My friend often uses wolf.
He constantly spams me with with wolfs gun and Smash attacks me, if i finally get to him it seems his smash attacks have priority.:urg:
Im not a pro player by any means but i know im not a bad player.
I beat him a large percent of the time when hes not using wolf.

Any comments? suggestions?:chuckle:

Tenki

Smash Hero
shield, you silly.

Jump, grab when possible, do a movement to bait and punish a smash attack (most likely F-smash, if he's a nooby wolf).

If you want to win with Sonic, you're going to have to outplay your opponents altogether- predict, counter-predict, bait, punish, and win.

If you see him shoot a laser, and you predict he's going to do a second one, do Homing Attack and hit B again. It will float you above his lasers and hit him while he's still shooting.

If you walk into his F-smash range, be mentally and physically prepared to shield.

>_> I can't really help you more than that.

If you can get good at that, then just focus on trying to get Wolf to the edge and gimping him in some way lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You just should be glad, that your opponent doesn't play Wolf very well (according to what you say). Just use your shield gainst the fsmash and punish - it's extremely easy to punish if you shield it.

Blaster...meh, sonic is 4825748 times faster than Wolf. Just run towards him and stay close...

minimullen

Smash Rookie
Okay, im not the best player in the world by any means but you guys are all talking to me like i dont have strategy.
I have tried most if not all of this against him and here is what happens.

If im going straight forward towards him he spams his gun. Even if i do get close enough to attack him i feel wolfs F smash Is faster than sonics. If i dodge or shield it, then try to attack, he just uses his F smash again or grabs me.

If i attack from above, he will use his down dodge or reflector or some crap.

I dont know, im sure theres some advanced tactic i could use to get around it. But the fact for me is, i have to work VERY hard to get to wolf.

I occasionally play my friend Wolf VS Wolf, to show my anger, and i normally win is what i think its funny, He says that its because i use attacks he normally doesnt use as Wolf, im like ok w.e

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Here's an idea for you then, its what I usually do and it works because it just leaves Wolf players bewildered going, "Wtf is he doing?"
When he uses his blaster, do an quick hop and spring into the air! Comes close to you in the air, mix it up with your aerials and air dodges, land on the ground close and keep the pressure going!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Wolf>sonic always.

TOPIC ENDED
**** off.

You shouldn't really be having trouble with that projectile. Do you know what spinshotting is? I'm not being patronising it's just that if you don't know it you should REALLY encorparate it into your gameplay, it works well against spammers, closes the gap fast.
Most useful threads in the Sonic boards (which is like 7 MAX, counting Boxob's threads) have notes on it so yeah, look it up if you haven't already.
As for general help. Get him offstage and gimp him, his recovery is awful, and he can't do much offstage to stop you due to his fast fall speed.
Good luck bud.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
9. Okay, im not the best player in the world by any means but you guys are all talking to me like i dont have strategy.

1. If im going straight forward towards him he spams his gun. 2. Even if i do get close enough to attack him i feel wolfs F smash Is faster than sonics. 3. If i dodge or shield it, then try to attack, he just uses his F smash again or grabs me.

4. If i attack from above, he will use his down dodge or reflector or some crap.

5. I dont know, im sure theres some advanced tactic i could use to get around it. But the fact for me is, i have to work VERY hard to get to wolf.

I occasionally play my friend Wolf VS Wolf, to show my anger, and i normally win is what i think its funny, He says that its because i use attacks he normally doesnt use as Wolf, im like ok w.e
1. walk, powershield, walk more, powershield, walk more. attack. blaster spam over.
2. IT IS!! STOP TRYING TO PUNISH LAG WITH FORWARD SMASH it doesnt work, try forward tilt, or down tilt
3. do you know what shield grabbing is?
4. it sounds like your version of attacking from above is with lots of laggy down airs, try jumping at him but not attacking, and as soon as you land grab or forward tilt him
5. The AT you are looking for seems to be powershielding, and as a sonic player you always have to work hard, for any reward with sonic

9. we wouldnt be talking to you like a noob, if you werent bringing up issues that we delt with like 4 months ago. smash/blaster spamming wolfs are easy to beat, and we figured that out a while back

Tenki

Smash Hero
Excuse the Shadowlink moment, but I'm going to dissect your post.

Okay, im not the best player in the world by any means but you guys are all talking to me like i dont have strategy.
I did, because it doesn't sound like you're seeing the big picture:

If im going straight forward towards him he spams his gun. Even if i do get close enough to attack him i feel wolfs F smash Is faster than sonics. If i dodge or shield it, then try to attack, he just uses his F smash again or grabs me.
What's this? You know what he's going to do? Then find a countermovement to it!

First off, Wolf's F-smash is indeed faster than Sonic's F-smash. Don't use it. Use F-tilt or D-tilt to get him off balance. If you shield it and you know he's going to attack again, then shield the second attack and punish that.

If you see that he uses F-smash whenever you cross a certain range, then bait it - come close, but just slightly outside his F-smash range, so if he does a F-smash, you can hit him out of it. It's even easier if he's not continually spamming lasers.

Oh, and the shield comment I said, I'm serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LTkqYFcd0

It's a really old vid, but watch the first 10 seconds.

>_> boohoo laser spam.

I dont know, im sure theres some advanced tactic i could use to get around it. But the fact for me is, i have to work VERY hard to get to wolf.
If you attack from above and you KNOW he's going to use his spotdodge or reflector, then don't go into him. Land behind him or slightly in front (out of his grab range) and delay your attack - that way, if he spotdodges, you hit him out of it- and if he uses reflector, he'll be easy bait for a stronger move. It sounds like you're being way too predictable and too straight forward with your attacks/approaches.

If you main Sonic, then you'll have to accept the fact that you have to work hard(er?) than you would with other characters to get kills in.

This just goes to further prove that your friend sucks with Wolf. He's predictable and doesn't seem to know the moveset very well. And you, you're being predictable too. Running into Wolf's reflector should give you the same shame as spindashing into Wario's bite or Dedede's inhale, especially if you knew he'd do it ahead of time.

play better.
--------

edit:

lol@ KID for 1,2,3,4,5, and 9.

edit2:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Answers in red...

That would mean that wolfs blaster spam is unbeatable <_<

If im going straight forward towards him he spams his gun.
Personally, I prefer the air!

Even if i do get close enough to attack him i feel wolfs F smash Is faster than sonics. If i dodge or shield it, then try to attack, he just uses his F smash again or grabs me.
Shieldgrab it

Don't attack him then and punish him if he still dodges

Most characters have to do so

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i love how everyone is reiterating what i said...

i knew tenki was going to roll in here so i made sure i said everything 1st so that i could tell him to stop meatriiiidin me

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Im surprised no one said this as a counter for wolf spam

Spinshot over him, drop a spring directly above him, dair cancel the other way and there! You just closed the gap!

For Fsmash spam just Pshield or even sidestep.
Keep Wolf at the edge at ALL TIMES his recovery is horrible.

minimullen

Smash Rookie
I said you were all talking to me like i dont have strategy, i didnt say i was pro at this game. I stated that i didnt know of any moves that can past it easily.
Thanks for your support people, should be allot easier now!
I need to work on my tilts.
Yes, i shield grab quite often.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, it isn't
His side-B recovery is nice in general punishability, range, and speed, but it sort of projects itself, though it's something that a good Wolf can get around with the various side-B cancel points. His up-B, however, asks for death - Sonic's F-smash outprioritizes it and if used anywhere below the stage, is asking for a gimp, edgehog, or stage spike.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Considering he can also cancel the side B it means he the aerial DI isn't as major an issue either.

It has two points where it can be cancelled. Immediately after it initializes resulting in a short side B that hardly goes anywhere on the ground with less distance aerially.

And another where it cancels just before the final frames. He retains a good amount of momentum and goes farther than normal.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Something I have been getting used to lately is mixing up the tempo of my approaches. Something like short hop>nair over the blaster, and you have another jump if you time it right to get out of there. Or short hop dair or HA really close to him, because he will expect a fair or nair. Also, on the note of Sonic's fsmash, use his ftilt or utilt. They are great.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
What ive found to be most effective is sheilding the blasters while approaching. Anything else becomes predictable, and once you get within melee range with wolf, he'll most likely try to attack. If he attacks, you can easily punish and set up a combo.

shifty_

Smash Rookie
dude, this is easy, up b + d air cancel til you move all the way across the stage. done. it will waste time in the match and you can go for sudden death!!!! or you could just second wolf :D mirror matches = ftw

R4ZE

Smash Ace
shiftster probly wasnt serious, but wolf actually is really easy to mirror. If you have a lot of problems agianst him with sonic, i'd suggest playing him for a bit just to understand him more.it will help u beat him trust me.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Do this okay? Use down-B or Side-B and Press A and release at the same time. If it goes in an oval shape, new approach. =O If not, try using jump instead or timing it diff. Anyways, good approach against spam... if you don't overuse it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Do this okay? Use down-B or Side-B and Press A and release at the same time. If it goes in an oval shape, new approach. =O If not, try using jump instead or timing it diff. Anyways, good approach against spam... if you don't overuse it.

Spinshot can be punished fairly easily by a good Wolf, their smashes are soooo long...

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Well spinshot can be punished by anyone if used innappropriately... After all, all you are doing is a normal midair jump, just that it goes really far really fast =P. The thing about the spinshot is tha yu have several options out of it as opposed to some other approached. You can use any of sonics aerials, spring bomb, ASC(although doing that without your second jump is risky...) and of course, airdodge. Spinshot closes the gap and I think in most cases will be worth it.

Top Bottom