• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic (universe) Boss in Subspace

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Robotnik could be acting as a strategist (ya...) for the Ancient Minister, that or has something to do with the R.O.B.s and the Subspace Bombs.

And Metal Sonic would probably be...
A. Working with the Ancient Minister until he can betray him for his own goals or just get rid of him and take over.
B. Working alone, but is using the Ancient Minister's attacks to gain something while staying mostly out of the picture until the time is right.

EDIT: I was just thinking about what I said about Robotnik, wouldn't it be funny if Sakurai had it so Robotnik actually creates the R.O.B.s?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Metal Sonic doesn't even have a free will anymore, he's back to being Eggman slave.
Sonic Rivals he apparently worked with Nega (shudders), and Sonic Rivals 2 he works with Shadow (WTF!?) and is involved as a playable character in the main story.

Brawl has nothing to do with any other continuity. They can do whatever they want.
True, this is a world were trophys fight each other. Besides, they can just say, "Aha! (Starwars Redo) That was a different Metal Sonic!" And do what all Sonic story lines do in the end, confuse the crap out of us...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Because Eggman tells him to.
Then who is the villain... crap... is Nega isn't it... They should just have it that Metal Sonic connects to a computer and an old backup file from Neo Metal Sonic is uploaded reawakening him to hes formal Imperial glory.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i hate Nega Eggman, he is just a rip off of Eggman, by name, nature, everything! Come on, i like Metal Sonic as a boss, not Eggman, not no one else from sonic universe JUST Metal sonic, Eggman should make some cameo appearances like i said earlier

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, they may both be in. Metal sonic could be a mini boss.

Here's the Idea.
Start stage.
Choose character
You choose sonic.
Sonic get to the end of the level.
Robotnik(eggman) appears with evil intent, and drops off metal sonic.
*Breif cutsene* (Robotnik says "If you can beat him in the race, then I won't do ((random evil thing))
You race, and you win.
*Cutsene* Robotnik is outraged and challenges you to a fight.

Bassically, that's how I see it. Metal sonic isn't a boss, per say, but it adds originality as a tribute to sonic CD.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Going out on a limb here, how about Knuckles?

Even Silver Sonic from Sonic 2

Metal Sonic from Sonic 3 (go ahead, say it's Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic 3 and Knuckles was meant to be one game... Sonic 3. They just couldn't finish the game in time so they extended it with Sonic and Knuckles.)

Emerl from Sonic Battle

Gemerl from Sonic Advance 3

Egg Robo

Bosses from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2

The golem thing from Sonic 3 (Sandopolis)

Heck, throw in Tails Doll (How is he cursed? it's data...) and Metal Knuckles?

Cless

Smash Champion
Metal Sonic is from Sonic CD originally. I wouldn't like it if Knuckles was a boss or mini-boss. That means he was that close to being playable.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
While yes I know he's from Sonic CD, but he isn't the same Metal Sonic that was in Sonic 3...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Robot Info:

Silver Sonic(Mecha Sonic): Appeared in Sonic 2, also known as Mecha Sonic in japan.

Silver Sonic Mk II(Mecha Sonic MK II): Appeared in Sonic 3, This guy is where we get Mecha
Sonic from but he is just an upgraded Silver Sonic and could go Super with the Master Emerald.

Metal Sonic: Appeared in Sonic CD, as a "better" version of Sonic, has yet to beat him. He has appeared in almost all of recent games as a mutiplayer character, and is also one of the most favored villains.

Silver Sonic 2(Mecha Sonic 2): Appeared in Sonic Adventure, You never fight him, but you see him in a repair/construction pod next to Metal Sonic.

Neo Metal Sonic: Appeared in Sonic Heroes, gained consciences, tried to take over the world, was beaten down by 3 Supers, then was reset by Dr. Robotnik. Is considered to be Metal Sonic Super Form.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sonic Robot Info:

Silver Sonic(Mecha Sonic): Appeared in Sonic 2, also known as Mecha Sonic in japan.

Silver Sonic Mk II(Mecha Sonic MK II): Appeared in Sonic 3, This guy is where we get Mecha
Sonic from but he is just an upgraded Silver Sonic and could go Super with the Master Emerald.

Metal Sonic: Appeared in Sonic CD, as a "better" version of Sonic, has yet to beat him. He has appeared in almost all of recent games as a mutiplayer character, and is also one of the most favored villains.

Silver Sonic 2(Mecha Sonic 2): Appeared in Sonic Adventure, You never fight him, but you see him in a repair/construction pod next to Metal Sonic.

Neo Metal Sonic: Appeared in Sonic Heroes, gained consciences, tried to take over the world, was beaten down by 3 Supers, then was reset by Dr. Robotnik. Is considered to be Metal Sonic Super Form.
Yeah but Neo Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic just with an more advanced A.I chip Dr.Eggman removed after the game.
He may have lost his ability to think for himself but he can still copy others abilities.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but Neo Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic just with an more advanced A.I chip Dr.Eggman removed after the game.
He may have lost his ability to think for himself but he can still copy others abilities.
I know that, however I was stating every version of the Sonic Robots (Silver/Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic) so people could understand the Silver Sonic/Mecha Sonic naming issue. However I haven't heard anything about a more advanced A.I. Chip. All I heard was that Robotnik erased his memories, but he still retained some of his abilities gained in Sonic Heroes (Copy Ability).

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I know that, however I was stating every version of the Sonic Robots (Silver/Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic) so people could understand the Silver Sonic/Mecha Sonic naming issue. However I haven't heard anything about a more advanced A.I. Chip. All I heard was that Robotnik erased his memories, but he still retained some of his abilities gained in Sonic Heroes (Copy Ability).
Well I remember Sonic Channel stated it in Metal Sonic profile along with the reset.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
actually, chaos is not dead, just not mad. If they found a way to make him angry again, then it's possible. But biolizard is dead, end of story

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
From everything I've seen, it seems that everyone wants both Robotnik and Metal Sonic as a bosses, but people are generally leaning more to Metal Sonic (me being a Metal Sonic fan, this makes me happy). But how should these two villains attack, move, and look (Normal Robotnik/Sonic 06 Robotnik, or Metal Sonic/Neo Metal Sonic)?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I imagined that more people would lean to those 2. Chaos and BioL was part of what was sadly the best of the 3D sonic games. But still we're not as proud of them as we are of Metal Sonic & Robotnik/Eggman in the classic games.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I imagined that more people would lean to those 2. Chaos and BioL was part of what was sadly the best of the 3D sonic games. But still we're not as proud of them as we are of Metal Sonic & Robotnik/Eggman in the classic games.
That's true. I would personally prefer to fight Biolizard, as I think its got more potential for a fun fight than Metal Sonic. But if it was a matter of representation, I'd rather see Metal than Biolizard.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
The SSE seems to have all the unverses colliding- Kirby fighting Petey, Rayquaza attacking Diddy and being beaten by Fox- I think Sonic won't be the one fighting a Sonic boss. Remember when Mario got hit by that cannonball from Petey and went flying? Maybe he went into Sonic's realm, and he has to fight Eggman. This could also explain the screen with Sonic and Mario fighting together in the SSE. It would also be an interesting Mario-Sonic crossover.

But as for bosses, I'm fairly sure it'll be Robotnik if anyone. He is a perfect fit for a boss- he could be in some giant machine, which would be very cool. Metal Sonic seems to be too small for a boss- Petey and Rayquaza (if he is a boss) are both huge. Eggman's robot would be huge too. Chaos is awesome, but too minor compared to Eggman. Biolizard is even more minor than Chaos, having appeared in only one game, and dying in it. And also- this wasn't mentioned, but Shadow is a possibility. But I doubt this too, as people would wonder why he wasn't playable if he was a boss.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If anyone SHOULD be a boss, it should be Sonic vs. Metal Sonic, but with Robotnik in the background attacking with a machine.

That'd be epic.

Or better yet, re-create the boss for Sonic CD. Race Metal to the end with Robotnik chasing you with a giant laser. One hit KO.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
If anyone SHOULD be a boss, it should be Sonic vs. Metal Sonic, but with Robotnik in the background attacking with a machine.

That'd be epic.

Or better yet, re-create the boss for Sonic CD. Race Metal to the end with Robotnik chasing you with a giant laser. One hit KO.
Ooo, good one. But how's anyone besides Sonic supposed to keep up with Metal?

. . .Then again, he could be a Sonic-only boss. . .sort of like how Super Mecha Sonic was a Knuckles-only boss in S&K3. . .

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well if you think about it, if you have metal sonic as a boss and a role in the SSE. Some of the characters will see Metal Sonic first (e.g. link sees metal kidnap zelda) and when they meet the real sonic, they fight him thinking he is bad and thats how you can get a hero vs hero (link vs sonic in SSE would be funny, but Mario and Sonic would be epic).

SonicMario

Smash Master
I hope that when you beat the mode. You'll be able to go back to all the bosses and then choose a different character to fight them ith. Though that might not happen. Considering Peach and Zelda saving themselves being awkward.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I hope that when you beat the mode. You'll be able to go back to all the bosses and then choose a different character to fight them ith. Though that might not happen. Considering Peach and Zelda saving themselves being awkward.
Well its possible, remember what Sakurai did say, 'complete the game on a harder difficulty the more rewarding it is' (not exact quote) but you know you'll get rewards for completeing the mode.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, chaos should be the boss.
The primare to have a very good chance of being playable ( metal sonic as an alternate costume for Sonic).

Top Bottom