• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic (universe) Boss in Subspace

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I think Eggman makes a great boss if he's in a huge machine, but the character fighting him may not nescesarily be Sonic. Remember how Mario, Peach, Kirby, and Zelda got involved with the Petey Piranha Boss? Well, its most likely you'll get to fight Eggman as Sonic, but there is a big chance somebody else will fight him too. What do Diddy Kong and Fox have to do with Rayquaza? Not much, right?

I'm still interested why Eggman would want to fight the good guys here, or why Wario is on the evil side.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
But still a huge machine is unfair, i mean so far the Halberd is the huge machine so far... Eggman would be one of the villains in charge for a final battle. Maybe Metal Sonic would be a good character as a boss for any character because if sonic is co op with them, then he could warn them and if sonic is captured?? (doubt it though) they could use Metal sonic to capture over characters like wario

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
What? No it's not. That doesn't even make sense. Link to the Past is the last time Link uses the Master Sword chronologically. How can Wind Waker be after that?
Link uses the master sword in OoT and that is definitely cannon >_>.

Wind waker takes place 100 years after the timeline split in OoT, following the timeline of adult link after he "killed" ganondorf. Twighlight princess takes place 100 years later following the timeline of younglink, where ganondorf is still alive. therefore, these two games are both the "last" game in the timeline.

Anyway, i find it hard to believe that there will be any other sonic boss than eggman, even though i doubt there will be one at all...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
That said, I don't think Sonic necessarily needs a boss from his universe. He is a guest character after all. Who says there will even be a boss for every franchise? Correct me if I'm missing someone, but the only bosses we've seen in SSE who aren't playable characters in their own right are Petey Piranha and maybe Rayquayza. It's possible that we just might not see a main villain for every series. Sonic might just be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in all this "rule breaking" crap.
Well, there's Bowser and probably the Ancient Minister, but your point still stands. Sonic is a guest star in a nintendo game. Giving him his own story with his own bosses would be overkill, unless the Subspace Emmisarry is as big as an RPG. Either that, or Sakurai's a really big Sonic fan.

I personally see Sonic's role in SSE, if any, as a boss himself. He's got the attention span shorter than a toothpick, and the world he's in is full of fighting. He could wander around aimlessly, picking fights to entertain himself with both the heroes and the subspace army. He could even be a sort of quasi-anti hero, with some playable levels of his own near the end. Since the main characters are Nintendo characters, it would make sense for the writers to buy into the 16-bit console wars.

Besides, that'd be #@%?=!! cool, dude. . .

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I personally see Sonic's role in SSE, if any, as a boss himself. He's got the attention span shorter than a toothpick, and the world he's in is full of fighting. He could wander around aimlessly, picking fights to entertain himself with both the heroes and the subspace army. He could even be a sort of quasi-anti hero, with some playable levels of his own near the end. Since the main characters are Nintendo characters, it would make sense for the writers to buy into the 16-bit console wars.

Besides, that'd be #@%?=!! cool, dude. . .
... sonic is good and fights villains, everyone in Brawl has their own unique story line so far and also a boss from the sonic universe would be icing on cake. Metal Sonic can fight over characters and then sonic appears to save them, then we have sonic join the SSE

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Actually... Chaos is STILL active and not terminated from the series.

He re-appeared in Sonic Battle, in the last episode as new challenger. But his role on the game was neutral. Since he wasn't rampaging, I guess he's not evil anymore.

But I'd really want Eggman and Metal Sonic. Seeing Sakurai's taste on retro Sonic, I think they might just make it as bosses. (Though this is questionable due to the Silver Sticker)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I know Chaos returned but as a extra for the game... please don't let Silver be a boss, he was terrible in Sonic 2006 and will forever be terrible

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
Actually... Chaos is STILL active and not terminated from the series.

He re-appeared in Sonic Battle, in the last episode as new challenger. But his role on the game was neutral. Since he wasn't rampaging, I guess he's not evil anymore.

But I'd really want Eggman and Metal Sonic. Seeing Sakurai's taste on retro Sonic, I think they might just make it as bosses. (Though this is questionable due to the Silver Sticker)
ZOMG!!1!!ONE. lol. SILVER TOTALLY CONFIRMED! listen, stickers are like EVEN MORE obscure trophies, they can be any thing or anyone or anyplace from any pert of a game, in no way does it show which bosses sakuri is going to put in the game.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
... sonic is good and fights villains, everyone in Brawl has their own unique story line so far and also a boss from the sonic universe would be icing on cake. Metal Sonic can fight over characters and then sonic appears to save them, then we have sonic join the SSE
Oh, don't be such a conformist. Everyone knows Sonic's got a devilish streak a mile wide, and there's already a whole pile of good guys doing good guy things.

Besides, what do you think is more important? Having Sonic fight Mario, or having Sonic fight a whole bunch of guys who've never been heard of before this?

And what do you mean, everyone has their own storyline in SSE so far? We haven't seen Ice climbers, pokemon trainer, pikachu, Snake or Sonic yet, among others. And even if everyone did get their own storyline, it would be hella-boring if they all just did the same thing.

Cless

Smash Champion
Link uses the master sword in OoT and that is definitely cannon >_>.

Wind waker takes place 100 years after the timeline split in OoT, following the timeline of adult link after he "killed" ganondorf. Twighlight princess takes place 100 years later following the timeline of younglink, where ganondorf is still alive. therefore, these two games are both the "last" game in the timeline.

Anyway, i find it hard to believe that there will be any other sonic boss than eggman, even though i doubt there will be one at all...
Every Zelda game is canon. Ocarina of Time is one of the first Zelda games chronologically. Link didn't kill Ganondorf in OoT, he was imprisoned in the Deadzone (for lack of a better term). There's a Hero of Time in both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. There isn't a Hero of Time in the Majora's Mask timeline. Link never fights Ganondorf in that timeline, and doesn't time travel.

I like Dragonbreath's idea. Sonic fighting random people sounds fun.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Every Zelda game is canon. Ocarina of Time is one of the first Zelda games chronologically. Link didn't kill Ganondorf in OoT, he was imprisoned in the Deadzone (for lack of a better term). There's a Hero of Time in both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. There isn't a Hero of Time in the Majora's Mask timeline. Link never fights Ganondorf in that timeline, and doesn't time travel.
The thing is that TP and Majora's Mask SHARE a timeline. TP takes place in the future that was created by Link being returned to his childhood at the end of OoT. with that childhood, he went on the adventure that was Majora's Mask. And it was also during this time that Ganondorf was arrested and banished to the Twilight realm.

And i honestly doubt that sonic's SE role will be that big, but i do like the idea that someone else brought up that smash is about crossovers, and that sonic shouldn't fight a boss from his own game.

Sonic vs Metal Gear REX ftw :)

Cless

Smash Champion
The thing is that TP and Majora's Mask SHARE a timeline. TP takes place in the future that was created by Link being returned to his childhood at the end of OoT. with that childhood, he went on the adventure that was Majora's Mask. And it was also during this time that Ganondorf was arrested and banished to the Twilight realm.
Ok, ok, I didn't know that the creator said that. My apologies, but I still don't see how any game with the Master Sword can happen after LttP, regardless of timeline. It says that the Master Sword will sleep forever at the end of the game, and if it was a mistranslation, the localization teams had an opportunity to fix it.

Sonic should just spar with Mario or something if they aren't going to include Sonic villains, or Sonic and Mario could fight Bowser and Eggman or something if they do.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I like that last idea there Cless, tag team boss fight for good and evil, but if thats so i doubt that Eggman will be playable just an AT kind of boss

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wonder, if Robotnik happened to be the boss. I'd like to fight a known robot boss. Like the checkerball in Sonic the Hedgehog or the drill car in STH2

But I'd bet people would more want the bigger ones like the Giant Eggbot at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Cless

Smash Champion
Eh, Metal Sonic would be cooler. I couldn't be bothered to finish Sonic Heroes (I tried playing again a couple days ago, and that game has bad control.) so I didn't know Metal Sonic became sentient and became all uber and stuff. Plus, he could disguise himself as people. It'd be all sorts of fun. Throw some Eggman in there too maybe.

D

Deleted member

I like the idea of Metal Sonic being a boss. I think it'll be a very interesting experience.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Dr. Ivo Robotnik should be a boss, using a massive machine like the third Death Egg Boss from Sonic 3 and Knuckles (the one that attacked you with the Master Emerald), or the Egg Viper flying form one side of the screen to the other.

However, you should also be able, if you beat him fast enough, to have to fight Metal Sonic, or Neo Metal Sonic (Sonic Heroes version, but I prefer to call him Lord Metal). Using ether some of Metal Sonic's minor ability to copy one's abilities, or Lord Metal's liquid metal form.
Personally I would like to see Lord Metal's melee attacks were, instead of actually moving his arms to attack, they would flow into his body (almost looks as if they were being pulled inwards from the tip), at the same time, shoot out of his torso for like a stabbing motion or slicing motion.

By having Metal Sonic as a second boss, you have to earn the right to fight him, making it a more enjoyable fight.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, lets think of story line here, why would Robotnik (it's not Eggman, it's Robotnik!) aid those who are destroying worlds?

Sonic Adventure 2 spoilers:

He teamed up with Sonic and Co. to stop the ARK from Crashing into the earth.

Plus the Good Doctor is actually sane, also, in Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow the Hedgehog spoilers:

He aided Shadow and helped fight the Black Arms when they were attacking earth.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, which is why it should just be a rogue Metal Sonic.

Always been Eggman in Japanese. We switched to Peach, why not switch to Eggman? Besides, it's just a nickname in America and Europe anyway.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, which is why it should just be a rogue Metal Sonic.

Always been Eggman in Japanese. We switched to Peach, why not switch to Eggman? Besides, it's just a nickname in America and Europe anyway.
Because Princess Toadstool to Princess Peach is an upgrade, King Kuppa is Bowser's title, and Jumpman didn't sound good. Dr. Ivo Robotnik sounds like a real villain, someone who is could really take over the world. Eggman, on the other hand, sounds like a comic relief villain, which he was for the most part from Sonic Heroes to Shadow the Hedgehog, becoming far more sinister in Sonic 06.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I actually like the fact both Eggman and Robotnik are used.
He actually as full name like Tails does and thats more interesting then having a name followed by the specy name yes I am looking at everyone else beside Robotnik, Tails and Amy.

finalark

SNORLAX
So back on topic, like I said before, I can't see how Ivo/Eggman/Robotnik could fit into the game's plot or work with the Subspace Army.

Top Bottom