• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic the Hedgehog thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here is the final trailer for the final update for Sonic Frontiers.

nice to see the tornado walker after all this time. although am i right in thinking that you just pick whichever character to go through the area with rather than them each having their own area?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
nice to see the tornado walker after all this time. although am i right in thinking that you just pick whichever character to go through the area with rather than them each having their own area?
I am sure the Tornado Walker is called the Cyclone, actually.

Good Night !

Smash Rookie
It's looks good actually. Props to Sega to put efforts to make their game better.
Not a fan of that holographic effect on the characters though.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Finally picked up Origins Plus for cheap have and have almost finished a playthrough of each game with a different character (Sonic in 1, Knuckles in CD, Tails in 2, Amy in 3&K). finished 1, I think it actually confirmed Marble Zone as being one of the worst stages in Classic Sonic for me.

The aesthetics aren't terribly interesting, there's too much waiting around with platforms, and it just has a general lack of flow in a level that in no way plays to Sonic's strengths gameplay wise. Even as maligned as Labyrinth Zone is, at least there's a novelty to it and the worst aspects come more from cheap enemy placement than the water itself.

Honestly having Knuckles abilities made for the most enjoyable playthrough of CD I've ever had. The gliding and climbing arguably make him more fit for the level design than Sonic and even as someone that prefers to go for the Time Stones then the Generators, its nice to have a character more built for exploration for future replays.

Tails in 2 was fine, though the lack of a Super form in a standard playthrough is a little annoying. I kind of wish I'd swapped him and Sonic in the respective games I played because 2's speedy level design is so build for the latter's use of the drop dash and 1 for the former's flight during the inconsistent platforming.

Amy's been fun (just beat the Sonic 3 portion), though her lack of an interesting jumping option does stand out. Given that Superstars is giving her a double jump, its a little surprising that they didn't do the same here as it easily would have fit her with hammer spin. Glad she's here, but she's probably going to feel a little incomplete to me.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Finally picked up Origins Plus for cheap have and have almost finished a playthrough of each game with a different character (Sonic in 1, Knuckles in CD, Tails in 2, Amy in 3&K). finished 1, I think it actually confirmed Marble Zone as being one of the worst stages in Classic Sonic for me.

The aesthetics aren't terribly interesting, there's too much waiting around with platforms, and it just has a general lack of flow in a level that in no way plays to Sonic's strengths gameplay wise. Even as maligned as Labyrinth Zone is, at least there's a novelty to it and the worst aspects come more from cheap enemy placement than the water itself.
Hard agree. I think good platforming-oriented stages in Sonic could work, but things like Marble Zone and the "mini-levels" from Sonic Colors really make it suck.

Amy's been fun (just beat the Sonic 3 portion), though her lack of an interesting jumping option does stand out. Given that Superstars is giving her a double jump, its a little surprising that they didn't do the same here as it easily would have fit her with hammer spin. Glad she's here, but she's probably going to feel a little incomplete to me.
At least Amy feels like she's more designed and balanced for Sonic's levels, unlike the others who can fly or glide.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Controversial opinion (maybe) Sonic 3 (and the future sonic movies) Needs to have eggman i dont care if its Jim carey or someone else but replacing Eggy with stone is such a weird potential future? Thats like if orbot replaced eggman in the next Sonic!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Quoting from the Next Smash thread:
If Shadow were to be playable in Smash, his costumes need to be the multiplayer alts from his own game, plus a couple alts based on Mephiles and Terios.
View attachment 380942View attachment 380943View attachment 380944
I still think Eggman should get in as a proper stance fighter, switching between a moveset with him in his Egg Mobile and a moveset with him on-foot, summoning Badniks to do his dirty work.

D

Deleted member

Anybody remember the TV series "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"? I first discovered it on a VHS tape at a rental store ("Road Hog" and "Tails in Charge"), and then in summer of 1996 the channel "USA Network" used to air a block called "Cartoon Express" which featured other shows like Ninja Turtles and Real Ghostbusters; Sonic, of course, was one of them, and I used to get up early morning to catch it (with "Too Tall Tails" as my first).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
finally got sonic superstars and am having a blast was kind of disappointed there was only one act in zone 3
Wait until you get to Trip's story, or the final boss of the main story. I am not saying they are bad, but they are very hard.

D

Deleted member

I was deeply saddened in the "World of Light" trailer that showed Sonic getting vaporized by Galeem while he was trying to help Pikachu.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just saw season 3 of Sonic Prime, and...

It was epic and suspenseful! I loved every minute of it! I love how Shadow had at least one bit of humor, which was...

"Do you want me to save you or not?

The way Season 3 ended was a great way to end the series.

D

Deleted member

Still haven't gotten back into Sonic Prime yet, only finished the first season in 2022.

Top Bottom