• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Stage Discussion Export: Halberd

Tesh

Smash Hero
Battleship Halberd​

-Sonic can shark under the main platform before it lands on the ship
-Good for vertical KOs (upthrow/uptilt will kill about 30% earlier)
-No getting caught under the lip with spring
-Sonic's speed allows him to use hazards offensively when he is the target

Lets get to it! What does everyone think of Halberd for Sonic?

Vaguely useful thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10919428

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not that much experience, but when the ship lands there is a huge ground for Sonic to use. And sonic can easily recovery under the stage and shark and kills a lot better here. The main form just might be a little too small I think.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
This is another one of those stages that Sonic is good on, but usually helps out his opponents much more. Or is that just about every stage?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
There's nothing really beneficial or hindering at Halberd. Like, the first part is kinda eh. Sure, you can shark but sharking only really helps if you have multiple jumps or some kind of ridiculous disjoint. The second part of Halberd is FD with a lower ceiling and basically a stationary Smashville platform. There really isn't much use for the Combo Cannon as most people are in fact capable enough to not get ruined by it. I don't really see any reasonable excuse to CP someone here or strike to it. Most of the characters in this game benefit from this stage more so than Sonic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I personally lile this stage in matchups where I might need to kill off the top more than my opponent (who doesn't though). Like MK, ROB, Peach, ZSS. I can tolerate a bit of sharking on Halberd because the platform is big enough to deal with it defensively until the landing.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd ban Halberd against ROB if I had like 4 stage bans. Why would this be much worse than Delfino/Brinstar/RC etc.?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I ban halberd usually vs snake or gaw, never playd rob on that stage

Tesh

Smash Hero
Up-B is the best OoS move in the game. It also stales with aerial shuttle loop. There is no reason it should be fresh.

There is only so much you can do against MK anyway. Halberd is less of a CP for me and more of a place I might strike to in a 7 stage starter list. I'd rather be on pictochat than here, but I'd rather be here than battlefield.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the ship section of the stage makes the ceiling low enough to make up smash a viable killing option.

sharking doesnt do much for attacking but it makes getting back on stage amazingly safe.

on the flying section, the bottom of the hill under the platform is a power position. characters tend to camp there. which i think translates to being good for sonic. an opponent camping at the edge of the stage is harder to deal with than camping in the middle of the stage.

Top Bottom