• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Popular opinion about Pokken is split down the middle - you either love it or hate it. I'm giving it a miss because I'm pretty content with my game library regardless, but I like the concept so I may give it a try down the line? I dunno. =/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ehhhhh, I don't know. What makes you say so?
Because if you don't believe it then you never will.

And if you still don't believe in yourself, believe in the me who believes in you.
Fingers crossed. Playing Smash until then. Pokken is garbage. :applejack:
My roommate got Pokkén but I haven't really tried it yet.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pokken is a fine game. Definitely addicting. Even though I hate it on a competitive level, I still can't put the game down. It looks gorgeous, the music is awesome, etc.

The roster, the RPS style mechanic, and the blatant aggravation of playing certain characters taints that game for me. In a game with only 16 characters, it's scary how unbalanced it feels at times. :applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pokken is interesting as a new concept (not brand-new since it holds many similarities with other games), but the whole experience is a bit underwhelming.

I guess I could play it if it or even host tournaments wasn't a logistics nightmare (it requires many, MANY Wii Us, and iirc, the game pad of each one of them). But I'm not taking it too seriously anytime soon.
Unless Mawile DLC.
:196:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
There's so much I want to say in reply to that bit of text. I felt a fair portion of it hit home quite well.
Whenever someone gives me garbage for playing Sonic, I just remind them that I mained him in Brawl too. Not because he's good, but because I like the character and the series he hails from. People who recognize the dedication that went into that usually back off at that point.

The only other alternative I've found is having people train as Sonic with me. As I said before, once most of them learn how different Sonic is (and about the BSBS), they don't give me as much BS anymore.

The hard part about that bit of text for me is that I've been working up the skill and courage to get myself to a go to tournaments out of my local area. I know most of the people at my local tournaments pretty well, but having a whole bunch of unknown people ragging on me for playing as Sonic...oof, I don't know if I'm ready handle that yet. Either way, good to be fully aware of. I'll just have to work on building up my resistance to it a bit more.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I've gotten a lot of flack when I was younger (read: Brawl and Melee) with my friends. Essentially it got to the point that the only way I was allowed to play with them was without my mains (Sonic, Jiggs, G&W, Yoshi, Ice Climbers), with a significant handicap against me (50+), and if they were all on a team against me (friendly fire off). It...wasn't fun for me.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I've never really gotten any flack for maining Sonic. My Sonic actually got a lot of respect at OUTFOXX'D on Saturday.
Glad to hear it.
Also, good luck on the next tourney you go for. I'm sure you'll make it out of the pools next time!

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I got dissed a few times at my first tourney but now, as one of the few dedicated sonic players in the area (besides brawlman) people dont really care. They just practice to learn the mu with me. A few new faces in tourniss even like my sonic, so while i dont know the hate that much offline, it certainly exists everywhere online. And it sucks but oh well

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
You guys all have really late breaks. Mine was over two weeks ago.
It was short.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Mine ended yesterday. Also I haven't been in here in a long time. Is there a Sonic Discord? I'm significantly more active in there :p

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
So, is there a fire emblem thing going on today? Or did I just get hard-hacked? All my visuals here are FE stuff.
Where's my Sanic?
Also my firewall went crazy when I accessed the boards.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
No, Sonic has been a Soul Calibur character. His sword's name isn't Caliburn because of a coincedence. Also, who the **** is my new avatar?

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
No, Sonic has been a Soul Calibur character. His sword's name isn't Caliburn because of a coincedence. Also, who the **** is my new avatar?
Saizo from FATES

I think mine is Raven from one of Roy's games.

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Yours looks like Sothe. Any idea who mine is?

I do think all this is lulzy good fun, though.
Sully from Awakening.
Its too bad they didn't put names on the pictures so that the people who haven't played the games at least know who they are.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It's not just Sonic that gets this.

Roy gets it a lot too. Not in the same way, but he still gets unnecessary hate towards him.

:135:
And then people overhype Marth because of his buffs. My response to that is that I can name like ten low tier characters who have been buffed to oblivion and their tier position remains unchanged.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And then people overhype Marth because of his buffs. My response to that is that I can name like ten low tier characters who have been buffed to oblivion and their tier position remains unchanged.
To be fair tho, Marths buff really did help him, since they addressed most of the issues he had (short range etc)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
To be fair tho, Marths buff really did help him, since they addressed most of the issues he had (short range etc)

Personally I never really noticed that much of a difference in Marth's buffs. It's significant, but not to the levels of Ike or DK imo. Marth's results have only come from Mr. E, Airvault, and Pugwest (the latter two of which hasn't had that many notable reaults as of recent). But then again the smash wiki calls KiraFlax a "top smash 4 proffesional" despite not showing any notable results to justify it, so maybe I'm wrong on that, but I still stand that Marth is being overhyped, especially since results don't mean as much as people randomly feel like making them out to be (though before you say, yes, I know that they matter period).

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I used to main Duck Hunt when the Wii U version came out, but his smash attacks are just awful and I dropped him, but he's still one of my favorite characters. No shame in maining a low tier at all. I got bodied by a Palutena player at OUTFOXX'D, but he was amazing (I think his name was Yoshi Hiroshima or something), even though I find Palutena a bottom 3 character.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
When I say my primary main is Duck Hunt, the general reaction I get is either "HOW!?" or "...people main Duck Hunt?"
If you main duck hunt, all the more power to you. Lots of good players tend to talk down on his ability, which is admittedly very different. But he is by no means a bad character.

Top Bottom