• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Camalange Camalange I've been watching alot of your :4sonic:in Tournaments on YouTube. I'm actually watching one between you and Sinji. I have to say I'm really impressed with your Sonic.

Also, I've been wondering about how does Sonic do against :4bayonetta2:, :4cloud:, :4corrinf:
I

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Camalange Camalange I've been watching alot of your :4sonic:in Tournaments on YouTube. I'm actually watching one between you and Sinji. I have to say I'm really impressed with your Sonic.

Also, I've been wondering about how does Sonic do against :4bayonetta2:, :4cloud:, :4corrinf:
I
Thanks man!

I have my opinions on them. I think Cloud or Corrin is probably our biggest threat and I actually don't feel it's that bad.

:093:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Looks like Sakurai has REALLY shown his work with Sonic's characteristics.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I went to my second real tournament and I didn't win any sets (got 2-0d both sets) but I did keep it close for nearly every game. The people I played with said I have good potential but I need more experience. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about improving at this game.

Also, my brother and I are planning to make a doubles team. I'm going to be Sonic so we need someone for him to play who synergizes well with Sonic.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I've played For Glory for some giggles as Sonic. Every person I've run into immediately left after I won the 1st match. I didn't realize that people hate fighting Sonic so much.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I've played For Glory for some giggles as Sonic. Every person I've run into immediately left after I won the 1st match. I didn't realize that people hate fighting Sonic so much.
Sounds about right.
Spin dash shenanigans tend to aggravate people.
I try to avoid abusing them, but...
It doesn't help that many players just don't understand Sonic's moves very well.
As a result, many Sonic players can get away with spin dash shenanigans that should NEVER happen - even against players that were giving them a rough time.

For example, I fought a Bayonetta on FG the other day that gave me a ton of grief - until one point when they were knocked into the air. I caught their landing with a Jump Dash -> Uair. They didn't move much, so I just fast fell, spaced myself, and did it again.
And again. And again. And...at some point I finally took their stock.
When people don't know how to shield or dodge Spins, that encourages players to spin. Its not a wrong way of thinking, but it definitely encourages other players to hate on Sonic.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Sytal Sytal I like to think that I don't use Spin Dash that often, most of the time I prefer canceling the Side-B for a grab, F-Tilt or Jab combo when I not trying to fake out an opponent.

Luig

Confused
Guys

Melee marth's grab range

upload_2016-3-20_15-22-45.png

:187:

You know, after going through some top level sonic play, I legitimately feel like I don't spindash enough.

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Sytal Sytal I like to think that I don't use Spin Dash that often, most of the time I prefer canceling the Side-B for a grab, F-Tilt or Jab combo when I not trying to fake out an opponent.
That's what a majority of my matches consist of, and its also what I consider to be the better way to play as Sonic.
But even after matches where I could count the number of times I've spun on my fingers, I still get told that I spam.

For Glory everybody. Tis a silly place.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sup chuckleheads?

I'm on spring break now. Relaxing time.

:018:
Who you callin' chuckleheads, chucklehead?

I was about to ask "Aren't you too old for spring break" but then I remembered you're a teacher.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'm not in school anymore, but I requested a few days off from work to celebrate spring break too. =P

Today was a day of clothes-shopping! I spent about $300 on new stuff for me and my wife. Half the shirts in my closet had holes in them, so it was long overdue.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well... Looks like I might be starting a new job.

Better commute and better pay. Y'all got your spring break and I have to grind, haha.

Should be a good opportunity for me.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Waiting for OUTFOXX'D brackets like:
image.jpeg

Better commute and better pay. Y'all got your spring break and I have to grind, haha.

Hey, my spring break isn't for another two weeks, but good luck with your new job.

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
I've been wondering about how does Sonic do against :4bayonetta2:, :4cloud:, :4corrinf:
The match up thread already discussed a bit about Cloud, however because of how early that was since his release, I'm going to start discussion on him again along with Bayonetta & Corrin in the beginning of April. If you want to read about Cloud, you can click here. The general concensus nowadays is that we lose to him by a small margin (-1 or 45:55).

Corrin, I haven't actually messed around way too much with this match up, but it doesn't feel like a struggle for Sonic. She's very slow, and her approach game isn't great, which helps lots when we have the lead. She feels more annoying than troublesome to Sonic, and the nerfs probably made the match up more favorable for Sonic in my eyes.

As for Bayonetta, I believe we have a slight winning advantage (+1 or 55:45), but only if you play a very grounded, campy, and reactionary style. However, I can see her being an even match up. She has lots of lag on her moves (with her most notable combo starter receiving more end lag from patch 1.1.5), meaning we can punish them. A decent amount of her attacks also lose to shield, and her landing lag increases the more attacks she uses prior to landing. Seeing a trend here? With the lead, its easier to force her into doing things we can punish. I could go more into detail about the match up, but this isn't really the place to write it all at, and as I mentioned earlier, I wanna talk more about her during April, where Corrin and her are more developed since release.

Sup chuckleheads?

I'm on spring break now. Relaxing time.

:018:
Enjoy your break! My break just ended.. I could go to a tournament today at my college and get FE:Fates after, but that requires skipping a test for Biology.. But that class is so braindead easy and the lowest test grade gets taken out.. Decisions, decisions.

Update: did my test, made it in time. In grand finals. I NEED FATES
Update: I need a ride to get Fates.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

I lost my job though. :(
But hey, that means i have an extended spring break?:applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I lost my job though. :(
But hey, that means i have an extended spring break?:applejack:
I'm sorry to hear that... Maybe you'll be able to find better opportunities now?
Pools for OUTFOXX'D are finally up, and just as I feared, Mr. R is in my pool for Wii U singles. Wish me luck, cause I'm gonna need it.
You can beat him.

Top Bottom