• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I like Corrin. He has a Fair that Marth mains would kill for. Speaking of which, Marth's Fair still sucks.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
None? I told y'all Sonic wasn't going to be touched. Meanwhile Bayonetta is really f**king annoying lol.

Last edited:

yope3041

Smash Rookie
NNID
soundofsilver1
FWIW if Corrin jams her pike into the edge of the stage (leaving her hanging over the edge of the stage) and you Dair the pike as opposed to her body, you'll be able to spike her off the edge. Don't know if this is the right place to post that but I did it in bracket tonight and thought it was pretty neat.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
FWIW if Corrin jams her pike into the edge of the stage (leaving her hanging over the edge of the stage) and you Dair the pike as opposed to her body, you'll be able to spike her off the edge. Don't know if this is the right place to post that but I did it in bracket tonight and thought it was pretty neat.
So his spear/dragon parts (at least for DL) have hurt boxes and aren't disjointed? Well, that's good to hear and actually makes sense.

:135:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
What do you guys think our match-ups will shape up to be with your first impressions of the new characters?

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Roy buffs are awesome. Reduced landing lag on all aerials is amazing. On another note, I think I'm definitely dropping Lucas for Corrin as my secondary. Corrin is really good, and Lucas still sucks :/

What do you guys think our match-ups will shape up to be with your first impressions of the new characters?
While I think it's a bit early to say for sure, I think we lose to Corrin and I have no idea about Bayonetta (haven't touched her much).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know, I wonder.

Am I the only who thinks this won't be the last character balance patch?

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
You know, I wonder.

Am I the only who thinks this won't be the last character balance patch?

Honestly I'm ready for it to be done so I can stop worrying about things changing and just start learning the meta as it will be for infinity and beyond. Also I'm sick hearing people always demand nerfs for characters they just don't know how to adapt to, so that would end.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Considering that they barely changed anyone this patch, I think it's safe to say that they're done balancing characters.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Honestly I'm ready for it to be done so I can stop worrying about things changing and just start learning the meta as it will be for infinity and beyond. Also I'm sick hearing people always demand nerfs for characters they just don't know how to adapt to, so that would end.
They still need to nerf Shiek and ZSS a bit. or maybe buff lower tier characters a bit. I mean, most of them are pretty good.

Considering that they barely changed anyone this patch, I think it's safe to say that they're done balancing characters.
I think there'll be at least one more so that if Corrin or Bayo have anything 'OP' or whatever, they can change it.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Bayo can convert a Fair into a kill. Seems to be a hard counter against us.
Please; I get f-air kills with Sonic all the time.

Nope.avi I think that that's because the new patch just came out last night and we haven't found out everything there is to know about the patch.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Been playing around and against Corrin and Bayonetta for a while now. They're pretty interesting characters, for sure.
This may be just the initial bit of learning the MU, but they both seem have some ridiculous potential.
Time and practice will tell I suppose.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I just got done experimenting with Corrin and Bayo.

I'm not a fan of Corrin at all; while he has some interesting tidbits about him, I just can't close a stock that well. It's also really difficult for me to properly use dragon lunge. That and the lack of a combo throw kinda turns me off from Corrin tbh, which is one reason why I dropped Cloud. Not too sure about how we fare against him, but I could see him as a mid tier character, but lower than Ike (and possibly Roy).

Bayonetta on the other hand I've been having a lot of fun with. The first thing I noticed is that her startup lag does 't seem that bad (minus dash attack), and her end lag is pretty short in most of her moves. I noticed how she can force approaches with her bullet arts, which have almost no ending lag in the air; that and her combos aren't as difficult as I thought they would be, and Bat Within can be used during down b or even at the end or beginning of a spot dodge, air dodge, or roll. That and her down throw has some okay combo potential and her forward throw is a decent kill throw (I've even gotten a kill with bullet climax by the blast zone). I also LOVE her air game. Not just from bullet arts, but she has a pretty strong air game. B-air and f-air are reliable edgeguarders that can kill offstage and u-air is good in the air but has a pretty crazy bullet art hitbox. Can't wait to try her out in AL. Although I could see her as a top 20 character (don't know about 15 yet), I still feel that we have the advantage over her. Spring jump could potentially avoid her combo setups and overall aside from forcing us to approach (which even then we're short enough to crouch underneath her climax a good distance away), she can't approach us that well.

Umbrea Clocktower seems like a good counterpick. I can't say it's neutral because sometimes platforms can show up right next to the blast zones.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They actually have nerfed the Top 3 by slightly decreasing their weight of all things. Whether it will have a big difference remains to be seen.
And now Sonic.

:|

:093:

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
What is the best way to kill with Sonic on the 3DS version. I can't finish with this guy at all because of blast zones

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Forward Smash, Up Smash, Up Throw at 170% and Forward Throw at 140 or higher.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Can confirm. Landed two easy spikes in one match because of that.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
In doubles, Cloud is actually broken.

In singles, he's mostly just obnoxious. Not quite enough to be broken. Pretty dishonest in a lot of ways though.

I do, for the most part. I mean, it's really just an average of the votes, but I know who all and why people individually put Sonic where they did.

:093:
Yeah I'm asking for the reasons given for his placement, as in why do people think he's 6th?

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Sheik's vanish KB was nerfed slightly. I guess that's something? But damn I was hoping they would nerf needles.

Also I'm loving Corrin so much. Definitely think he's high tier.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Random fun fact: Ike is the only fire emblem character that doesn't have an upwards stab as his up smash, a backflipping up air, nor a nair that hits twice.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I mean, what does being 94 units now mean for us? Like what percents would we generally die from? I'm not really feeling the difference yet.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I'm leaving Sonic for Bayonetta. Later peepz.

EDIT: Ok, no, even just playing like that puts a bad taste in my mouth. Ew.

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Fits my playstyle and he just happens to be my favorite video game character of all time lol. That's service right there, Sakurai lol. If Sonic wasn't in the next Smash I probably wouldn't even get it to be honest. I wouldn't be able to really adjust to that after getting him in Brawl and Smash4. If he wasn't in Smash4 I bet I'd be iffy on it because I wouldn't have a character to use :'(

I couldn't use Kirby because he doesn't feel right to me in SMASH4. Palutena wouldn't get me very far and I wouldn't want to use Mario 24/7, Peach is too technical in a simplistic game for me to even attempt to try and be competitive with her. If I did I'd see results but in comparison to everyone else I'd rather not have to work my fingers to destruction and Zero Suit Samus makes me feel so goddamn dirty lol.

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Bayo feels a little odd but usable, i need to get into some habits with her personally tho. With practice tho i can really see her becoming my secondary in place of cloud because she is really fun

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Anyone else think Umbra Clock Tower is a reeeeeally good counterpick?

So many shenanigans to be had under the stage when those platforms float in.

Also, Sonic is one unit lighter while Kirby is two units heavier?

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
My state is probably not going to use Umbra, which saddens me, because they still like having Delfino around.

yope3041

Smash Rookie
NNID
soundofsilver1
My region is up in there on it but I'm trying to convince them we need a stage with large blast zones. But then they sent me this as a counter argument:

While the stage control and large blast zones are nice, the thing I like about it most is that the platforms don't really interrupt your ability to return to the ground and sometimes can even make sonic's recoveries less predictable since there are so many bizarre angles that the platforms above the stage configure themselves in.

Top Bottom