• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Well, in a few weeks, we'll be scrambling to find all the patch changes. Good luck to the shieks, Luigis(I Cri) and the Rosas.
Shiek will get those needed buffs.

Sonic Bthrow will actually heal the opponent. UpSmash will have 50% of chance of freezing on startup. Ftaunt will change to "High velocityyyy!!"

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I just wish Utilt would have less knockback and less cooldown frames so we could use it as a combo starter/combo extender. The move is alright as an anti air/ pseudo combo extender due to the slight disjoint it has but in most cases it's not really good otherwise. But knowing us sonic's gonna get nerfed again. Most likely Bair will get nerfed thus reducing sonic even closer to brawl status.

Luig

Confused
I actually kinda want utilt to have less base knockback, but more scaling making a better kill move too. It already kills earlier than fthrow but it is much harder to land. But like they are going to give us that serious of a buff.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait wait wait wait. There's a balance patch on the way? When and where did this bomb drop? 0_o

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ally 2 good. ****ty bracket luck, but oh well LOL. I wish I could respond to the **** heads on the evo thread, but it's closed. Rip firing shots and trolling.

:018:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Someone in the Smash 4 Social thread said:
Knuckles Amiibo leaked gaiz. :awesome:

(Coughcoughcough)
Get a load of this guy! He thinks he's such a comedian.

Trying to trick us into thinking Sonic will actually get a second rep like this isn't my idea of an attempt of humor.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Looks like one of us made it to grand finals after all. GG, Cam!

I still don't get how this happened, lmfao. So absurd. Didn't happen once the entirety of top 8 except for this one by me...
Crappy tweet, Cam.:applejack:
UGH I KNOW IT'S NOT EVEN ONE OF MY HILARIOUS ONES THAT WAS LIKE A THROW AWAY TWEET AND IS THEN THE ONLY TWEET BY ANY ONE TO BE HIGHLIGHTED

Didn't do as well as EVO as I had hoped, but ah well. Live & Learn.

:093:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I still don't get how this happened, lmfao. So absurd. Didn't happen once the entirety of top 8 except for this one by me...

UGH I KNOW IT'S NOT EVEN ONE OF MY HILARIOUS ONES THAT WAS LIKE A THROW AWAY TWEET AND IS THEN THE ONLY TWEET BY ANY ONE TO BE HIGHLIGHTED

Didn't do as well as EVO as I had hoped, but ah well. Live & Learn.

You were at EVO, Cammy?

You didn't catch Tsuko G's latest kazoo cover, did you?

BlackPhantom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-9082-0822
What do you guys think of the sonic placements in CEO and EVO? Is it really just random or by chance that StaticManny placed higher than 6wx in both tournaments (Not dissing Static. Let me finish.)? Or is it really the birth of defensive oriented sonic playstyle? If it is, then people are just gonna complain more.
Sonic nerfs=More Campy Sonics
Honestly, I hate the smash 4 community because everyone spends their time crying for patches, just because its an option. No one wants to adapt anymore.
But seriously, let me hear everyone's opinion please. It would be much appreciated. :)

#SaveSonic (From the nerfs, of course :p)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What do you guys think of the sonic placements in CEO and EVO? Is it really just random or by chance that StaticManny placed higher than 6wx in both tournaments (Not dissing Static. Let me finish.)? Or is it really the birth of defensive oriented sonic playstyle? If it is, then people are just gonna complain more.
Sonic nerfs=More Campy Sonics
Honestly, I hate the smash 4 community because everyone spends their time crying for patches, just because its an option. No one wants to adapt anymore.
But seriously, let me hear everyone's opinion please. It would be much appreciated. :)

#SaveSonic (From the nerfs, of course :p)
I agree with the "nobody wants to adapt" bit.

A lot of the competitive Smash 4 community are bandwagoners or sheep, most of which weren't interested in competitive Smash before this game. They either cry for nerfs, or are slaves to MU threads and don't dare experiment outside of what those threads state and accept "bad MUs" like they're a dog being put down. They also rely too much on the performance/opinions of the more famous players to form their thoughts on how a character does, and treat their word as gospel.

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I accepted a long time ago that some people tend to be stupid. I try to not let it get to me. Finding the places where the smart people congregate eases the pain. =P

As for Sonic himself, I think people are going to complain about him no matter which way the balance patches go. He was built to play a specific way, and I sincerely doubt Sakurai and his team are going to deviate from that design just because of a bunch of whiny Reddit posts. If we need to spin2win, then by God we're gonna spin until the day we die.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
In the case of EVO, staticmanny and 6wx used wildly different custom sets and playstyles that I don't think should be considered too indicative of how sonic will function in the future default meta.

Hammer spindash + Doublespring manny had even more of an emphasis on defense and 6wx with burning spindash + Springing headbutt with an emphasis on pressure. They were essentially using different characters from each other. (Though I'm not 100% on 6wx's customs set. Every time i see him play, he uses a different one though this is the most seen build of his)

That said, defensive play is absolutely a necessity more than offensive play is post-nerf since rage bthrow doesn't give an aggressive sonic as good a contingency plan as before. Aggressive sonic is optimal in very few MUs, fewer among top tiers.

Last edited:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
The thing that actually bothers me is not the community but it's Sakurai himself. His choices and interviews have killed a lot of my interest to be frank.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I cant even contain my laughter at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5bqneuqho
Um, have you seen my avatar?

i hate that this stupid game i don't even want is only on vita a stupid console i don't even want but will contain the beauty that is the persona-fied hatsune miku

i can't handle this goddess' perfection

Also, have to post this now.

So good.

Top Bottom