• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Luig

Confused
Well, I will try to get in a tournament as early as possible. I've played against some colllege kids and they say I'm really good for my age.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Sonic players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Sonic and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

My weapon of choice for EVO. Our local 'Tails' (since he tinkers with everything and fixes our controllers) made this for me and I'll be picking it up in Vegas.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

My weapon of choice for EVO. Our local 'Tails' (since he tinkers with everything and fixes our controllers) made this for me and I'll be picking it up in Vegas.
Looks like the socks I'll be wearing.

Photo Jul 16, 3 00 15 AM.jpg

I bet people will be shocked when they find out who we main.

:093:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just got the track for Knight of the Wind while training some of my amiibos.

I had hoped to start getting back into Sonic Adventure 2 sometime today, but I got too absorbed into Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. That and I got a pretty damn rare Amiibo coming in the mail sometime soon.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
congrats dude. Static Manny was on stream and bodied everyone he played. I think Sonic's been doing pretty good in Evo right now. (inb4 Zss destroys all of our souls)

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
tru. Majority of the community dislikes the dude -sonic mains. Static manny beating dabuz tho. they just haters

Last edited:

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
Poor 6WX having a rough time the past couple majors. Gotta step your game up bruh

Last edited:

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
Static Manny is still in losers. He has to beat ESAM though so GL.

Also it's kind of encouraging to see he beat Dabuz. Makes me feel a bit better about the rosa/sonic MU.

EDIT: Nvm it was Ally not ESAM. And the Sonic dream is dead

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I'm sad that Static lost.
And happy.
Sad because sonic is an underrepresented character and he got knocked out.
But happy because we are less likely to get nerfed.
And guilty for being happy.

Luig

Confused
He was playing VERY spammy. More spammy than I did when I first played smash 4.
I do remember boss vs. ally brawl, that's what inspired me to main luigi. And sonic, cause sonic's just one of my favorite video game characters

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I feel like "aggressive Sonic style" won't be getting us anywhere. 6WX did well at Apex but once people download that approach, it's pretty much useless and works wonders against us.

Yes, we'll definitely get a lot of flak for this but I say camp moar and

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
Until I see it fail on a larger scale I refuse to believe we have to play like Manny to win. I have absolutely no interest in playing that way.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter. People will still hate Sonic mains that do not have the 6WX tag.

Might as well give them a reason.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Why don't we just mix up our offensive and defensive options depending on what the situation calls for? >_>

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Unlike some other characters, I think Sonic due to it's speed, ground mobility, stuff like SD shield cancel, etc can very well play either as defensive or offensive style. It will depend on how well one can master each play style.

Me, I prefer the offensive one but to be honest I think I get more wins when I play calm, plan everything and play more on the defensive.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Everyone likes the offensive style, but I don't think we'll see an offensive Sonic winning tourneys any time soon.

Not that defensive Sonic has won any either, but still seems to get farther than offensive style.

Just saying.

Top Bottom