• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yes please.
"Onii-chan~!"
Also edit your :093:
ffffff never again
I think it's a good idea to make a compilation of Sonic's bugs for historical purposes if they do get patched. However, if developers have yet to notice, it might be a bit difficult for them to fix them after the video gets published.

:227:

Found my emoticon to end posts.
... But you ended it with a spoiler.
So, how hard are we gonna get nerfed in this patch?

I'm thinking bottom B tier.
Bottom B-Throw Tier.

05sKCbw.png

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Sonic will be high C teir...metaknight will A tier. :129:

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Every time theres a balance path I **** myself. One or two wrong nerfs to Sonics mixups ruins him. I could live with maybe a little less KO power....starting to think we might have too much.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I myself am reallllly worried about them nerfing sonic...they tend to listen to the "crowd" when it comes to these patches, and LOTS of people complain about sonic. I foresee Diddy and sonic being hit the hardest, followed by shiek

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's my fear as well. I can live through some KO power nerfs. Like, I dealt with it for 7 years… As long as we're not Brawl status, it's fine.

I assure you though, even if they only touch B-throw, I think Sonic will lose all chances of ever peaking as a definitive top 5 character.

I almost feel like a B-throw nerf should be the least of our worries… What if they heard too much ******** about our spins, despite not being great moves, and like, reduce all shield stun or add hit lag or some kind of nonsense. That'd literally ruin Sonic.

I don't think they'd go as far as removing the shield cancel or Spinshot or anything like that though… If they removed our AT's I'd actually quit this game.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They should focus on buffing the lackluster characters instead of applying nerfs across the cast.

It's just unpredictable with them, which is the problem. Like, Little Mac's recovery got nerfed even harder from a patch for no real reason.

Then there's Greninja…

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
It's just unpredictable with them, which is the problem. Like, Little Mac's recovery got nerfed even harder from a patch for no real reason.

Then there's Greninja…

I know, there's a running joke in the PR community and probably in others as well "Better nerf Greninja." And it's a possibility. Characters that for the most part are performing fine can be nerfed and their viability will drop for said reasons. Then there's also the case that a character that wasn't that great to begin with was later nerfed incorrectly. That should not happen.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I like sonic exactly the way he is. I think he is strong with a good mixup. I think he needs a buff in fact! No BSBS please!

Sheik needs more recovery on dolphin and less combo ability off of like everything in every situation.

Diddykongs nerf is obvious. Peanut popgun op!

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Are you guys voting for any other Sonic characters in the Smash Ballot? I have been voting for Eggman, Tails, and Shadow for second Sonic characters. I also have been voting for Squirtle and Ivysaur to bring them back.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I feel like our character is gonna go through 2 phases between this balance patch and whatever patch they release down the road if they do so at all.

Where he gets hit with nerfs in the upcoming patch people play him and he suffers from being like his brawl counterpart (with no Kill power plus slow frame data) and then gets a buff where they make some of his moves viable again. Which is basically what i can see happening to greninja this patch where he sees a buff just to shut people up over the "better nerf greninja" junk.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Are you guys voting for any other Sonic characters in the Smash Ballot? I have been voting for Eggman, Tails, and Shadow for second Sonic characters. I also have been voting for Squirtle and Ivysaur to bring them back.
I voted for Tails. I think if 3rd party suggestions are allowed on this poll (They should be, the ballot says "Video game characters" not just "Nintendo characters.) I think Tails has a decent shot. (Not as much as some of the obvious such as cut characters or really popular snubbed Newcomer choices but certainly more then most 3rd Party choices besides maybe Rayman)

Plus I think as both a veteran franchise in the game, and a really popular one at that. Sonic can gain another rep through DLC. And I think Tails would be the best choice because you could just Luigify and/or Falcofy Sonic to make him (Not saying he couldn't be unique, but I also think the developers want DLC characters to be relatively easy to make. Even Mewtwo is made like his Melee self only obviously buffed) plus he's the most iconic of Sonic's friends. Eggman while more deserving would take a little more work and Shadow's already an Assist Trophy in-game. (I don't see them promoting Assist Trophies in the same game they were Assist Trophies originally)

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Hey guys, so I recently played against a megaman that was pretty legit and I got **** on.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get in on megaman, I feel like his nair and jab just zone us out sooooo hard and alot of the stuff I could do in brawl to open up doesn't really work against him (and other characters).

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Hey guys, so I recently played against a megaman that was pretty legit and I got **** on.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get in on megaman, I feel like his nair and jab just zone us out sooooo hard and alot of the stuff I could do in brawl to open up doesn't really work against him (and other characters).
Ftilt/jab if he wants to pellet all day, jab/ftilt up close is really good. Smart rolling will also help you get on, as well as the side b shield canceling.

When he pellets he's in lag, just he can move around and jump and also turnaround of he's on the ground. If he jumps and Nair's, a sh fair will beat the pellets and hit him, also jumping above him and attacking is very good. He covers the front of himself very well, so approaching from the front is very difficult.
Catch metal blade and he can't pull another out. If he metal blades you up close, hell usually try to grab you since it puts you in shieldstun for a bit (goes through shields)

This match up is prolly gonna go to time.

PF9

Smash Lord
Has anyone watched Sonic Boom yet? I haven't, the Sonic TV shows I am most familiar with are Sonic X (from watching it many times on 4Kids TV) and the DiC syndicated series (from watching many parody videos on YouTube).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Has anyone watched Sonic Boom yet? I haven't, the Sonic TV shows I am most familiar with are Sonic X (from watching it many times on 4Kids TV) and the DiC syndicated series (from watching many parody videos on YouTube).
The Sonic Boom cartoon is pretty good, it's not my idea of a good Sonic cartoon (something like the original Teen Titans or 2012 TMNT would be great), but it's pretty funny.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Nope. It's not even on my to do list for the summer. I'm still trying to catch up on MLP and Banjo Kazooie Versus.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I want to see newcomers as that's more exciting, imo. Like, I'd rather see Klonoa, Banjo, or other franchises instead of seeing old characters return or getting additional reps for the third parties that already made their way into the series, but maybe that's just me.

I currently hate the common bandwagon choices. Snake, King K. Rool, Shovel Knight... Just stop. I'd rather see Rayman.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Right, I guess I just mean if they changed anything along those lines... I doubt they really don't care enough about Sonic to understand what they even programmed for his Down-B/Side-B to fix it or try to patch out something like Spinshot and all those tricks.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I've been looking into other nintendo IP for charcter inspiration. My charcter list is as follows:

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Pico (F-Zero)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Ray Mk (Custom Robo)
Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
SA-X/Samus (Metroid Fusion)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi Robo)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
Krystal (Starfox Adventures)
Mike Jones (Star Tropics) (Best game on list)

Charcters not Nintendo owned /slim chance /worth noting / very unlikely but possible:
Geno (Mario Rpg)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Tails/Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Rayman (Rayman)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i think wolf will return regardless as the way i'm seeing things pan out is that we will get most of the cut veterans who were originally planned for smash 4 as DLC. should include wolf. My guess is at E3 they will announce wolf alongside the star fox wii u trailer or something along those lines.

People who are voting for brawl veterans to return i feel are kind of wasting their votes given that i'm sure sakurai is already aware of those peoples hopes especially given they are responding to those who wanted lucas back (which most of those were accompanied by wishes for either wolf,snake, ice climbers or all of those to return with lucas)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I think a lot of complaints about Sonic are just complaints. Even if they did nerf his KO power a bit, people would likely still complain about him. (Assuming that it'd be not too bad a nerf) Some of my friends just don't like how fast/confounding he is, and THAT'S a mechanic that's staple to Sonic regardless of any nerfs whatsoever. No amount of nerfs to :4greninja: will be able to change that.

I'd prefer they don't touch him and buff the people who need it. At the worst, I'll take a slight nerf to KO% power.

Honestly, if they did nerf him way too hard, I'd still be maining him, due to my actual ties I have to him as my favorite game character. It'd suck, but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to just stop maining Sonic (even in favor of Mewtwo).

Here's to hoping that the devs don't overnerf to compensate for a bit too much whining. Some complaints are legit, but others are pretty "I just need to git gud" type complaints.

Fighting against my Sonic amiibo right now as a training partner, and now that I see my main, with a similar fighting style to me, from the perspective of other characters, I don't really feel that he has too much of anything. Although, that may come from being used to him already. But seriously, one wrong move, and the guy's gonna be broken.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I just fear that the devs might nerf sonic in areas that they shouldn't like with spin dash and what not seeing as it's his only real approach option (which is due in large part to the way they designed the character to have 2 specials derived from one concept which still irks me though i still love both moves)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
What is Shovel Knight? Looks horrendous, no kind of appeal. People voting for him over the age of 5 need a richer videogame history. Ice climbers is the only choice, I miss those ****ing annoying chain grabbing pieces of ****. They'd need a complete overhaul for sm4sh though. And no snake please, never fit into the game.

:075:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
WHOM are you voting for. Fix that title man. :p

Anyways, I came here from the Marth boards to say that despite the fact that I despise Sonic in this game, after playing Sonic Adventure 2 he is actually hella cool and the game itself is really good. Me and my friend were playing multiplayer mode and despite a few stages (Meteor Zone...) it was an absolute blast. :3 Story mode...it was also fun, (for the little that I played) just the lines were kind of ehh...Sonic had a good VA and some not terribly cheesy lines so he gets an A on my book. :3

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Considering how many people love to hate Sonic, anybody here scared that's he's gonna get nerfed? Cause I am. As long as I can keep shield-cancelled spins, spinshots, and all that other cool stuff from the side and downbs I'm sticking with the Blue Blur.

Also, I'm voting for Banjo & Kazooie, Rayman, Shantae, King K.Rool, or Ridley; dunno who I wanna pick. Most likely gonna go with Banjo & Kazooie, they haven't had a game in years and Microsoft thinks that them in Smash would be 'cool'.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I think most of us are a little worried. I dont think they will change his ATs. The fact that his ATs stayed in from brawl is a testament to either they cant be fixed or they think its cool.

I think its weird how so many complain about Sonic but few consider him to be in the top tier. I think this might end up being our saving grace. I do however predict a back throw nerf.

WHOM do you think you are around here! HUH?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If it said "For whom", then yeah, I'd agree. In a modern society, however, forgoing it in this context is the correct choice... Why, you ask?

Yes, "whom" is grammatically correct, but who actually says "Whom are you voting for?" Following strictly rules of grammar would be more confusing than conversational to the average individual, and that's the direction our language has been on for years.

I love writing, but I'll always opt for the conversational syntax in these matters. So yeah. English is a **** language.
Anyways, I came here from the Marth boards to say that despite the fact that I despise Sonic in this game, after playing Sonic Adventure 2 he is actually hella cool and the game itself is really good. Me and my friend were playing multiplayer mode and despite a few stages (Meteor Zone...) it was an absolute blast. :3 Story mode...it was also fun, (for the little that I played) just the lines were kind of ehh...Sonic had a good VA and some not terribly cheesy lines so he gets an A on my book. :3
Sorry, couldn't look past "despise Sonic".

We all know he's hella cool. Duh.
Considering how many people love to hate Sonic, anybody here scared that's he's gonna get nerfed? Cause I am. As long as I can keep shield-cancelled spins, spinshots, and all that other cool stuff from the side and downbs I'm sticking with the Blue Blur.
Were you not reading this thread?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Does anyone here think I'm crazy for considering remapping Z to jump instead of grab?

I saw some people "clawing" playing melee and I think it's interesting. Z would work just as good and I could map x/y to grab. I would have to shield more with L but I would get use to it I'm sure.

I mainly would do this for quicker SH nairs, retreating bairs/nairs, and bairs from the ledge. Anyone else here claw it up or something similar.

I know this is more technical but it's at least kind of Smash general. Besides I don't trust the rest of SmashBoards.... They be trippin' ya dig.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Camalange Camalange Well nobody really says it because people these days forgot the most important thing that is grammar. The masses need to be educated!

kataridragon said:
WHOM do you think you are around here! HUH?
Actually sir, it would still be who. Since if you were to replace "you" with "he", it would be "who do you think he is around here!" In which case, I would respond with. "Idk he is some dingus."

Get grammatically correkt m80.

Oh yeah, Sonic is still pretty cool in likely every not Smash game he has been on. He actually sounds cool in this game but man he is just absolutely hell to fight. I don't even think they should nerf him that much, (partially because I don't know how he should be nerfed) he's just really freaking annoying and really freaking scary.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
If people would just learn the MU instead of whining about side B all day, Sonic would probably be considered one of the most balanced characters in the game (and one that could actually use a few buffs here and there).

He's annoying, yes, but not broken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom