• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i mean i'll say i have my moments as well where i play like it's brawl sonic but one thing we need to keep in mind is our pressure game is far more lethal. Thanks to the fact combo's exist we can frame trap pretty hard if we know how someones gonna react to our strings. The fact we can't automatically uthrow spring uair actually helps us in a lot of high % situations. Because at low % we get those strings guaranteed it conditions opponents to try and air dodge where we can get a free punish for a stalled uair, Nair or Bair KO. That and people still don't know how vulnerable sonic is during spin attacks, all these commentators marvel at how good the move is but it's not the move itself that's good but the reactions it forces out of people who have to deal with it. That and Nair and Dtilt are such good setup tools for sonic that i don't see a lot of sonic's utilizing. Soft hit nair especially is great for free uair juggles or a grab followup.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
A few things I have to keep reminding myself of:
  • to not reverse the HA when edgeguarding;
  • Spring's nerf and how it affects our Dair landing;
  • not to Bair as much when onstage;
  • to not go overboard with offstage shenanigans because we got gimped really hard on momentum cancelling in the Wii U version;
  • and, of course, BSBS.
Speaking of BSBS, having a BSBS roll interrupted does not cancel BSBS:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This spring thing is bull. :C
Hence the name!

Also, figured I'd bring up that I'm now a mod for this and the Brawl Sonic boards.

We've been handling ourselves pretty well for the time being, so no sweat. Just want you guys to know that you can come to me for things now.

Particularly, I'd really like for us to try to figure out our match-up thread situation.

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
CAMMY IS JUST A COG IN THE MACHINE! HE'S GIVEN IN!

Also what situation? And I have nothing to add as far as matchups go because I just thrash everyone I've played with Sonic. For Glory is a joke and I haven't bothered looking for real people. Sonic seems so good in this one I don't think he loses any matchup worse than 6-4...and I can't even tell you who that is if anyone. lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
CAMMY IS JUST A COG IN THE MACHINE! HE'S GIVEN IN!
i am a shell of my former self
Also what situation? And I have nothing to add as far as matchups go because I just thrash everyone I've played with Sonic. For Glory is a joke and I haven't bothered looking for real people. Sonic seems so good in this one I don't think he loses any matchup worse than 6-4...and I can't even tell you who that is if anyone. lol
I suppose referring to it as a "situation" makes it sound more dire than it really is... I've just noticed that there's been a lot of debate over how we should run a match-up thread, who should run it, if it's too early for one, etc.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Oh. Opinion? Wait for a bit. Make one for asking for help and such but don't bother with write ups or picking someone to run one for a while. It'll let people who are going to leave, leave without disrupting the thread. I believe the usual drop off starts at 3 months according to TOs I've talked to so I wouldn't do an ACTUAL thread til maybe February or March? Also obviously gives people time to grow into their characters and get some experience. People who stay that long usually have more legit ideas too rather than HERE'S HOW YA GIMMICK THEM.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hence the name!

Also, figured I'd bring up that I'm now a mod for this and the Brawl Sonic boards.

We've been handling ourselves pretty well for the time being, so no sweat. Just want you guys to know that you can come to me for things now.

Particularly, I'd really like for us to try to figure out our match-up thread situation.

Oh God. He's gonna impliment a silly rule where if you don't start posting :093: at the end of every post you make, you get banned! D:

Congratulations, broski!

*Ahem.* Anyway, I'm in agreement with Terios. It's actually why I've been hesitant to offer any sort of thing such as spearheading a project, or partaking in, matchup-specific advice unless I'm either A) Very well versed in the matchup myself with experience I can trust to be reliable, or B) more generalized for player-habits or knowledge I can just throw out there to help the majority of people.

If anything, wait until the end of Apex 2015. The highest end of competition should be there. People will pick up experience from there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Warning Received (I-Is this okay??)
Also, double post because I intentionally want to pop your infraction cherry. <3

Although this question is meant for Cammy, would anybody be able to tell me how to disable signatures in certain posts?

It's sort of awkward when I have a post or reply that's only one sentence in length and height (strange, coming from me, right?) but still have Reimu come up. From what I recall, signatures are not suppose to be longer than the post in question. And despite the amount of time I've spent learning this new forum interface, I cannot for my life find that check-box that use to say "display signature."

Also, I miss having the old spoiler tag. This new one reminds me of what [*collapse][/collapse] used to be. :(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh. Opinion? Wait for a bit. Make one for asking for help and such but don't bother with write ups or picking someone to run one for a while. It'll let people who are going to leave, leave without disrupting the thread. I believe the usual drop off starts at 3 months according to TOs I've talked to so I wouldn't do an ACTUAL thread til maybe February or March? Also obviously gives people time to grow into their characters and get some experience. People who stay that long usually have more legit ideas too rather than HERE'S HOW YA GIMMICK THEM.
Yeah, I can respect that. It's definitely hard to make thorough analysis on match-ups when we've barely experienced the game.
You learn that the mod team is ****. Enjoy the posish. :applejack:
Everyone's been super nice so far, and my jurisdiction is really only over you guys (lolbbq) and we pretty much govern ourselves so I can't imagine this causing many problems...

/foreshadowingofinevitabledisaster
Oh God. He's gonna impliment a silly rule where if you don't start posting :093: at the end of every post you make, you get banned! D:

Thanks, brah!
don't give me such good ideas dude

thank you tho
*Ahem.* Anyway, I'm in agreement with Terios. It's actually why I've been hesitant to offer any sort of thing such as spearheading a project, or partaking in, matchup-specific advice unless I'm either A) Very well versed in the matchup myself with experience I can trust to be reliable, or B) more generalized for player-habits or knowledge I can just throw out there to help the majority of people.

If anything, wait until the end of Apex 2015. The highest end of competition should be there. People will pick up experience from there.

Word, I think we'll leave that as it is for now then since that seems to be the majority opinion.
Also, double post because I intentionally want to pop your infraction cherry. <3
awh shucks <3

Actually this double post is way too on-topic to warrant an infraction, so I'll just give you a warning since you want it so bad ;) xoxoxololbbq
Although this question is meant for Cammy, would anybody be able to tell me how to disable signatures in certain posts?

It's sort of awkward when I have a post or reply that's only one sentence in length and height (strange, coming from me, right?) but still have Reimu come up. From what I recall, signatures are not suppose to be longer than the post in question. And despite the amount of time I've spent learning this new forum interface, I cannot for my life find that check-box that use to say "display signature."

Also, I miss having the old spoiler tag. This new one reminds me of what [*collapse][/collapse] used to be. :(
I'll look into it (still learning a lot about my new powers coming with great responsibilities and all that jazz so I'm still pretty confused about things myself).

From what I've noticed, your first post of every new page has your signature and the rest don't. I think that's just the way it is?
I have no idea. I don't see it either. o.o

Also the Haunter thing isn't a bad idea.

093A1.gif

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Had my 2nd foray into watching replay mode on 3DS last night, Sonic 1v1s. First match was a purple Charizard called Mog, against a silver Sonic called Boxob.

Nintendknows.

Had to be steak Boxob, can't imagine many Sonics down taunting when a Charizard is side Bing at you at the edge of the stage at high %s. Char passed through him at the end of the animation (no hitbox), pretty trololol.

@ Boxob. Boxob. why you lose?! where were the Boxobairs?? What the **** is a nair, go scrub scrub scrub all my floors you wench.

<3 :093::093:
Note : if this isn't Boxob, disregard this post.
That was me! And yeah I scrubbed that match. I don't take anything serious lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Double posting in the social thread of all places won't get you that infraction you so desire, Boxxybob.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'd like to congratulate JordanM43444 / Tri-fource on winning his regional tournament yesterday! Good ****, proving sonic is kinda good for once

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Late congrats on the modding, Camalange!

We got a Sanic on the staff now, his power grows.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Day after Cammy becomes mod and says we've all been good boys and girls you come back. Kinda ominous.

It's a little too uncanny...
I miss '08 Sonic boards the most. :applejack:
The glory days.
Late congrats on the modding, Camalange!

We got a Sanic on the staff now, his power grows.
Thank you!
Literally nothing changed. :applejack:
Which is good, I'd say. I don't want to be overbearing as we're all close knit, and in the '08 days we were just instigating and being mishandled by mods that didn't know how to deal with us so... We're past that. If anything, I can just help represent you guys and keep things orderly. Before we had to contact people for stickying and all that but now I can just act asap.

Cool thing that I learned I can do is move posts and threads. Like, someone created a thread that totally didn't warrant being it's own thread, so I moved it to the FAQ and ROOOOY promptly responded to their question.

Good boys and girls~

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So I tried getting back in to USF4 today....I cant count how many times ive hit TRIANGLE to jump and how many times ive tried to dash dance....

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I didn't do any of that but my combos were way off. Then I realized I wasn't linking properly or anything and I was trying to hit them like smash style. lol My execution got so bad. I finished off Juri's trials but was too ****ed up to do all of Poison's.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Cool thing that I learned I can do is move posts and threads. Like, someone created a thread that totally didn't warrant being it's own thread, so I moved it to the FAQ and ROOOOY promptly responded to their question.

Good boys and girls~

My favorite part is how he made ANOTHER thread, likely because he thought it either got deleted, he didn't know about the move, couldn't recall if he asked the question, etc.

A worthy effort, but a vain one nonetheless. All you can really do is remind people about the stickies and how the FAQ is the supreme go-to.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Did any of you know theres a glitch with sonic's ASC where if you connect with the air then the grounded hitboxes and the move attempts to stop and goes off a ledge sonic just floats above the stage.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
My favorite part is how he made ANOTHER thread, likely because he thought it either got deleted, he didn't know about the move, couldn't recall if he asked the question, etc.

A worthy effort, but a vain one nonetheless. All you can really do is remind people about the stickies and how the FAQ is the supreme go-to.
After observing SmasUKs FB page, this isnt an easy task, people just dont read. I feel bad for any moderator of any kind on the interwebs :V

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
FB confuses the **** out of me. And smash UKs is a total cluster****. It's good, but I don't get how it's organised, but that's down to FB I guess. Also well done Jordan, Sonic reppin up and down the isles. Hope to contribute after christmas.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
SmashUk is literally ****postUK right now, no offence to any of thr mods (including GP), but there is a reason I kinda just stopped using it unless theres actually decnt discussion going on...which is rare. As rare as someone beating me in a Smash4 bracket. #RelevantShots

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
BSBS is annoying me. Think I'm gonna drop Sonic temporarily, been doing horrible with him as of late (Be back on him next tourney probably). Then again this week has just been bad. Place bad at weekly and find out someone in my family passes away immediately after. Just my luck -_-'...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

The sad part is I considered privately messaging him the first time, but I was like... Nah, that'd be overkill.

I should have.

Took care of it again and just locked it this time so he will see it on the front page... Moved the one response it got to the FAQ as well. Pretty cool features!
Did any of you know theres a glitch with sonic's ASC where if you connect with the air then the grounded hitboxes and the move attempts to stop and goes off a ledge sonic just floats above the stage.
huh

vids?
BSBS is annoying me. Think I'm gonna drop Sonic temporarily, been doing horrible with him as of late (Be back on him next tourney probably). Then again this week has just been bad. Place bad at weekly and find out someone in my family passes away immediately after. Just my luck -_-'...
BSBS is garbz, and I'm sorry for your loss... Do what you need to do, and don't beat yourself up too much. We all got your back.

Top Bottom