• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Happy late birthday for Sonic!:sonic: Can't wait to see that new game. We got confirmation that it will come on 2017, and announcement will be made at the July event. Only one month to go!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well that's good to hear

Despite it not coming out on the year of his birthday, at least it's a positive that Sega isn't trying to rush the game for this year release. Seems like they really are starting to.... Live and Learn

:135:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Well that's good to hear

Despite it not coming out on the year of his birthday, at least it's a positive that Sega isn't trying to rush the game for this year release. Seems like they really are starting to.... Live and Learn

:glare: Wow seriously....

In other news CEO has so many upsets.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I just watched the Prince Ramen vs. ZeRo match. Truly, that guy is the prince of low-tiers. Never sleep on anyone.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just watched the Prince Ramen vs. ZeRo match. Truly, that guy is the prince of low-tiers. Never sleep on anyone.
Yeah well wish more people would have that view on low tiers. Particular a certain low tier

(why all the roy hate...)

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to Anti for winning CEO.

As for low tiers, I really feel that people take tier lists to seriously and cool down vs one of them and lose.

Now all we need is for a ROB to take down Nairo at least and We will restore order to the tiers.(joke)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
People who take tier lists seriously haven't played the game enough.

Seriously, even For Glory teaches you that tiers mean jack squat.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
People who take tier lists seriously haven't played the game enough.

Seriously, even For Glory teaches you that tiers mean jack squat.
THIS.
If there's one thing I've learned from For Glory, its this.
So many low tier users know how to use their character very well. It makes me wish more of them could show up at tournament scenes.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'm thinking about making Ike my secondary. Ryo's performance and Izaw's video have kinda inspired me. Plus, he was my second-favorite character in Brawl, so I get bonus nostalgia from playing as him. =P

But MAN is he way different from Sonic! The spacing on his attacks is all wacky, and the startup frames on most of his moves are something I still need to get used to. And yet, once I download the other guy's pattern, it is so so easy for me to ruin their day.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
When you remember that it's wednesday and you're ready to watch the new death battle featuring mewtwo vs shadow
image.jpeg

Then you find out that it's going to be live at sgc on friday and you cannot wait any longer to watch it
image.jpeg

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is it July 22nd yet?

I just want a new Sonic game.

:093:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
So I'm going to take a vacation from the internet in about two days for a week, so I'll stop by.

Nope. only 21 days to go now fortunately.

I have no knowledge of death battle. The only thing I saw was a person use it as evidence that Boba Fett is the most overrated character in star wars.

Also, MY NINTENDO UPDATED AND NO FREE GAME NINTENDO WHYYYYYTYYY!!!!!!

And with that, see ya!

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I'm a bit upset that the only news we've had so far is for a 2017 release.
Hopefully they might still have something else planned for this year. Just have to wait and see I guess.
I really don't wanna be patient, but I am definitely not gonna try to rush Sega.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Sorry... But the Reddit ssb community posted something that deserves to be shared. Even if it insult our character.

The year is 20REEREE.

Sonic the Hedgehog has taken over the planet. Like, literally taken it over. People are required to do nothing but run fast, play games with Sonic in them, and create tons of Sonic OC for a living, and the economy crumbles as no one does practical things such as making food or keeping order. People kill themselves by unsuccessfully attempting to spindash in real life. Sonic 06 is considered a masterpiece now due to its "unique" gameplay and great music. Sonic Twitter is the only account allowed on the site, and nobody complains about it.

The only competitive event allowed (other than one of the ten thousand Sonic racing games) is Super Smash Bros only for 3DS and Wii U, and if you lose a tournament with a character other than Sonic you are back-thrown in real life and KO'd. (You die.) Billions begrudgingly worship their new gods Wrath, Kels, Komorikiri, StaticManny, and 6WX. Walking into a tournament venue, you are immediately greeted with the sounds of spindashes echoing throughout the halls, and many frequent tourneygoers complain of tinnitus.

The old gods of Smash 4 such as ZeRo, Nairo, Dabuz, Mr. R, Ally, and Abadango are nowhere to be seen. Thousands of people attempt rebellion in order to reclaim the old ways, but they are quickly crushed by IRL clones of Sonic doing nothing but cancelling their spindash startup with shield.

Fed up with this new world order, the people of Earth reach to the heavens and cry out, asking "What will save us?" An answer comes in the form of a new player in Smash 4, a grizzled veteran of a game long dead. Known as "Scorpion Master", he sweeps his locals with Mario and defeats the new gods of Smash 4 as he climbs the rankings and becomes #2 in the world, right under Sonic the Hedgehog himself. Months later, EVO happens and the new kid and Sonic finally get to meet in tournament. Defeated in Winner's Finals but winning the first set of Grand Finals, it all comes down to set 2, game 5 between the two.

Sonic removes his disguise as it turns out to be ZeRo all along. "Ryu is still the best character in the game, it's just my opeenyun," he says, right before Scorpion Master reveals his true identity: Mango, the greatest player of all time from Super Smash Bros Melee for the Nintendo GameCube. In a fierce battle, both players reach 200% on their last stock, breathing heavily as the crowd cheers wildly and Twitch chat stops spamming ResidentSleeper and Volcania for the first time in years.

Finally, the game ends as Mango ends it with the secret Mario technique known as "Up Smash". The crowd goes crazy and starts chanting "Mango! Mango! Mango!" just like the days of old. Peace is restored, and people are free to play whatever game they like, including Melee and Smash 4. ZeRo lies on the ground in defeat, asking "How? A lot of people have been wondering, how did you get so good at this game?" Mango smiles, leans down, and whispers into his ear, "Open the door, get on the floor, still no tech in Trash Bros 4."

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So the new Death Battle is out. And I just want to say:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I remember looking stuff up about Vegeta vs Shadow death battle, saying how Vegeta is actually really weak compared to Shadow (at least Super Shadow). And the thing about the time limit with Super Form; apparently the Hedgehogs can say like that for hours. Or so says the comics

And before you say "comics can do anything" they take information about characters from all sources, including comics.

But back to the Death Battle at hand, at first i thought it was stupid how Shadow beat Mewtwo, but then i thought about what they said and it did make sense. How can you win if you can't control your own thoughts and body?

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
In regards to Death Battle, whereas the Vegeta vs Shadow fight had the relevant info to be justified, this one didn't feel well done.

At least 4 separate entities were used for Mewtwo (Anime(2), Games(1), Manga(1?)) with all of their abilities rolled into one.These Mewtwo have some specifically separate abilities for their canon, and at least one or two of them aren't the same canon character for their universe as the other.
Only 2 separate entities were for Shadow (Game(1), Anime(1)) and the Archie comics(The rough equivalent for manga here) were ignored. Both versions effectively have the same abilities between the two used, with no notably significant differences.

In this case, it doesn't make sense that they used the popular licensed-but-not-canon manga for Pokemon but ignored roughly equivalent popular licensed-but-not-canon comic for Sonic(Which would have added more content).
Purely from the standpoint of how they made their research and judgement, it felt lopsided.

Other than that, everything else seemed like usual.

Sorry... But the Reddit ssb community posted something that deserves to be shared. Even if it insult our character.
*Facepalm* Yeah, that's reddit all right.

(M)

Smash Cadet

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
No Ivan; that unlocks pichu and ice climbers. Clearing classic on 9.0 with pichu will also unlock shrek btw. Why do you think bayonetta won the ballot? All of the other contenders are already in the game.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
And I'm still here trying to figure out how to unlock Sonic in Melee.

Top Bottom