• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
And I'm stuck in the middle playing league or waiting for tales of berseria to come out in america. Also and international release of tales of vs and tales of rebirth would be nice, too.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
In other news, Zero and Ally seems to have sparked a rivalry via twitter and this has lead to a new tournament. I'm now ready to fully show support to Zero in 2GGT:Civil War

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
ESAM released a rather thought-provoking video yesterday. He talked about how Smash 4's meta is different from other fighting games, specifically that top-level play is conducted around understanding matchups rather than fundamentals. Stuff like, "How do you catch a Sonic who's in the lead?", "How do you avoid Zero Suit Samus's grab?", "How do you get Cloud offstage?" and so on.

The video in question:

Personally, I'm fine with Smash 4 being like this. It gives characters clearly defined strengths and weaknesses, which makes studying matchups and choosing counterpick characters much less harrowing than it could be. A huge part of the brick wall to top-level play in most fighting games is the lack of this exact thing.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
So, Just For Fun(wow so casual) I decided to take some random names of popular ssb4 players (you know with the Civil War thing) and generate a double elimination braket with random seeding.

I added 14 people and the 1 seed was given to Nairo. The 2 seed was given to ally. The two didn't have to compete in round one.

ZeRo vs Mr. R (winner goes vs Nairo)
Abadango vs M2K
Anti vs Dabuz
Mr. ConCon vs ESAM(winner goes vs Ally)
Void vs Larry Lurr
6WX VS SEAGULL JOE

:201m::201i::201n::201d: :201b::201l::201o::201w::201n:

:502:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wasn't really focusing on the system, more the game and cover

tbh, i really don't like Xbox. It's not bad, but i would choose a PS4 over it. Though i guess a PC would be best

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
And I'm still waiting for Sonic Adventure 3. It was leaked and unofficially confirmed for development like 5 years ago and said that it would be a wii u exclusive. Now the nx is being developed and might as well be released in about a year.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I wasn't going to say anything earlier as E3 was still going and I wasn't sure if we would have a game teased, but I think we should at least hear something about a new Sonic game within a month or two.
I read an article in April or May earlier this year that indicated that there is going to be some Sega sponsored event later in June or July, and it heavily hinted at a teaser for a new game being shown at this event.
The problem is, now I can't find the article. So I have no clue if this is still a thing or not. Time will tell I suppose.

As for whatever game we get, I don't explicitly want a "Sonic Adventure" game. In actual game terms Sonic Heroes was supposed to be Sonic Adventure 3 as it was technically the third game in the effective adventure series.
That aside, what I do want is a game with a similar style and pacing to what the adventure games had. Lost world had promise, even if it fell short because of a few quirks it had. I'm looking forward to what we'll get.

...Just no Sonic 06 10 year anniversary edition please. Please.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
My dream for a Sonic Game is a Sonic R sequel that the stages are stages from unleashed, colors, and generations, and boost is available. I would buy that.

In other news, the owner of Tails Channel is now a intern at the Social Media department of Sonic, so expect more memes in the twitter soon.

In other other news, Migthy No 9 turns out to be bad.

In other other other news, I've been think that we should make a rage thread for all of the people to rage about Sonic.:gova:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
My dream for a Sonic Game is a Sonic R sequel that the stages are stages from unleashed, colors, and generations, and boost is available. I would buy that.

In other news, the owner of Tails Channel is now a intern at the Social Media department of Sonic, so expect more memes in the twitter soon.

In other other news, Migthy No 9 turns out to be bad.

In other other other news, I've been think that we should make a rage thread for all of the people to rage about Sonic.:gova:
If you can actually control your movement and the unlockable qualify for actual chracters, then I guess I'd see i I could get it.

Wait, Mighty No. 9 turned out to be bad?

No, just no. I the link boards won't do it, we shouldn't be required to do so, either.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Personally from what I've played of it, I actually really like Mighty No. 9 so far (played nearly every "robot master", defeated only one so far). Aside from obvious slowdown and loading issues, it's rather fun. The one weapon I have thus far (Helecoptor Blade) while unorthodox when shooting, also doubles as a shield from above and a means to slow descent. If all weapons have this multi utility, I'm sure I'll like it even more. The banter also sounds like a spiritual successor to Mega Man Powered Up, which is also a plus.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I guess I'm the only one not super disappointed about MN9.
I mean, its not my favorite game by any means, but the actual game itself hasn't been bad.
So far.
I dunno. I'm a backer for it, but I didn't invest too much in it. So I guess that's why I'm not enraged.

That Sonic twitter tho. That is just...savage.

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Even if it is a good game, there's no doubt that it failed to live up to the hype. A fanbase is a fickle and temperamental beast, unpredictable and dangerous...but we already know this, being Sonic fans and all. =P

I'm thinking about getting it to see what all the fuss is about, but it was never a must-have title for me. If I'm going to buy a new game any time soon, it'll likely be Overwatch.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I didn't even know that MN9 came out; I thought it was still in development. But given the issues there are, most of the game can be fixed via patches or something.

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
I feel that it was another of those over excitement cases, that end up not being able to deliver what was promised. People just got mad that their money was lost. The original kickstarter got 4 million, but i've heard that only 250k was used to actually develop the game. The rest went to marketing.

IF THAT is true, then the 6/10 , 5/10 and even 4/10 make sense.

Still, some people might enjoy it. maybe 9...

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Now I'm nervous for Yooka Laylee; I think that's supposed to come out this year in fact. And there's also that castlevania esque game that I forgot what it was called.

DJ-Hotwings

Smash Rookie
NNID
DragonKid73
Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread.
Anyway, I hope the sight of Mighty No. 9 makes SEGA REALLY careful about the next Sonic game.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread.
Anyway, I hope the sight of Mighty No. 9 makes SEGA REALLY careful about the next Sonic game.
Sega released a statement that it has already delayed a few Sonic games in the works to focus on making them better following the Sonic Boom release.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Sega released a statement that it has already delayed a few Sonic games in the works to focus on making them better following the Sonic Boom release.
Say what now?! Link to source?

Anything other than "We are outsourcing development to a company who think Sonic is a character from Looney Tunes and have told them to rush it for the next holiday season" would be completely out of character for SEGA.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Say what now?! Link to source?

Anything other than "We are outsourcing development to a company who think Sonic is a character from Looney Tunes and have told them to rush it for the next holiday season" would be completely out of character for SEGA.
I read the source last November, but a quick google search didn't pull it up. I did find this though -
SEGA's Aaron Webber detailed the delay on the SEGA blog, saying Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice needs more development time. "In order to make sure the game has the time and polish needed, we’re moving it out into 2016," he said. "No exact window from us, just yet — it’ll be ready when it’s ready!"

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Yesterday I finally assembled enough people to do a proper 8-player smash. It's only been, what, a year and a half since the game released? Offering to grill hot dogs and burgers has a funny way of bringing folks to your house. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. =P

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I've participated in some 8 player matches in my school's video game club. The only problem is that they choose Big Battlefield only (if someone picks any other stage, No Contest) and some get on your case if you go for Mii Fighter, asking higher ups whether it's tourney-legal in an obviously non-tourney setting.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm happy for Sonic's 25th anniversary, but I'd really just like new game news already.

:093:

Top Bottom