• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I don't come here often, but my favorite part is every top player talks about his incredible neutral game without EVER saying what makes his neutral incredible. Like straight up no frame data or nothing to back up the claim. Then the cherry on top is people(sadly top players too) saying Wrath spammed the "B" button

I didnt know "B" was spindash. XD

I feel like a college professor reading book reports from people who didn't read the book

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
He strikes me as in between Chaotic Hero and Chaotic Neutral.
I don't see him as Chaotic Neutral. He's more of a straight-up Chaotic Good guy. That said, that video surprisingingly makes a lot of sense for Sonic, given he's all about freedom and stuff.

ZeRo's tier list vid today made me want to revise my tier list:
View attachment 108905
Nooooo, Jigglypuff is last! Oh, woe!

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'd say something but I'm just estatic that a top player noticed my tier list.

When ZeRo placed sonic at third, I was shaking my head the entire time. Even with the sheik and bayo nerfs you cannot tell me sonic is top 5. He's an easy top 10 contender, but he's too honest to be a top 5.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
When ZeRo placed sonic at third, I was shaking my head the entire time. Even with the sheik and bayo nerfs you cannot tell me sonic is top 5. He's an easy top 10 contender, but he's too honest to be a top 5.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but then I remembered that some of the top-tiers above him have been nerfed. If he's not top 5, he's a lot closer to it than he was before.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I was thinking the same thing at first, but then I remembered that some of the top-tiers above him have been nerfed. If he's not top 5, he's a lot closer to it than he was before.
Basically what I'm saying, but I think that zero simply forgot about how characters do against other characters lower than the top tiers.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ZeRo's tier list was awful.

Diddy at 7th? What a joke.

I can see Sonic being top 5 maybe though.
Speaking of Sonic and Video's, not sure if any of you have seen this already, but I mange to find this

Not too sure how I found it, but i have no words to describe it

:135:
I remember this.

I actually like the commercial, lol.

:093:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Diddy is at least top 3 (with Cloud and Sheik). Top 5 at worst (Rosa+other you may want to overrate).
:196:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Everyone is so concerned about where Top tiers are placed

And I'm still scratching my head why some low tier characters are, well, low tier

I remember this.

I actually like the commercial, lol.

It's not bad, just weird

Especially since Sonic doesn't need a car (racing games not included)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I'd put Diddy as a strong contender for top 3. Easily top 5.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
I'll just list my top ten here...

1-:4cloud:
2-:4zss:
3-:rosalina:
4-:4sonic:
5-:4diddy:
6-:4bayonetta:
7-:4sheik:
8-:4mario:
9-:4corrin:
10-:4pikachu:

(pls don't kill me, my opinion)

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Alright, so why is CLOUD of all characters on top tier? He's always been somewhere between 10-15 for me. Competitive wise, he's good, but why is he so high? Others(that have a positive MU over him) can outclass him y'know.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Alright, so why is CLOUD of all characters on top tier? He's always been somewhere between 10-15 for me. Competitive wise, he's good, but why is he so high? Others(that have a positive MU over him) can outclass him y'know.
Which characters are those? Cloud beats sonic, rosaluma, zss, mewtwo, diddy kong, and basically anyone who is lower than high tier.

Also, that logic can be applied to any character (I mean, you're on the social page of a character that struggles against yoshi and megaman for goodness sake).

Last edited:

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Which characters are those? Cloud beats sonic, rosaluma, zss, mewtwo, diddy kong, and basically anyone who is lower than high tier.

Also, that logic can be applied to any character (I mean, you're on the social page of a character that struggles against yoshi and megaman for goodness sake).
Hmm.. I suppose that could be the case. I can't really name the characters I was going to bring oup when I said"others" because, well, I never really play a lot of Cloud any more, and I've never played against any more experienced Clouds either.

Ask for the second thing you said: Don't remind me.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
In what world is Cloud NOT top 5? lmao... What tournaments are you watching? Or maybe the better question is what tournaments AREN'T you watching?

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
In what world is Cloud NOT top 5? lmao... What tournaments are you watching? Or maybe the better question is what tournaments AREN'T you watching?

So?
If it's my fault that I'm not familiar with watching Cloud mains play in tournaments(to answer your question, I barely watch any :( ) or on streams or just playing one for myself(so far I've played about.. 2 that I know and see all the time), then I see where I went wrong in my earlier statement.

I honestly still can't believe that he's that high like I recklessly said earlier. From my POV, there should be at least one character that's in the same league as he is that can get some kind of tie in with him MU wise. It's not like I said he's a bad character because he really does have potential with that disjointed range that's better then Monado Boy's to an extent, that Limit mechanic of his, and most importantly, THAT FREAKING UP AIR. But right now, I'm still asking myself if he should be the new S Tier King..

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Cloud has possibly the best buttons in the game, his moves are incredibly oppressing and very difficult to get trough for many characters, all while having the most favorable strengths:weaknesses ratio like no other top tier.
His recovery may be weak but his raw air speed makes it easy for smart players to avoid bad situations.
Basically: very fast, very safe, very rewarding. What is not top tier about this character?

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
At least SOMEBODY gave out some reasons as to why people like me should be convinced.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Sonic... Man, I hated playing this character in Smash at first, but now I've picked him up for fun.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't know how to feel about Cloud

I mean, he is a super fun characterto play and is enjoyable. But then again, sometimes I just feel wrong using him since he is a top tier and i always feel like I'm betraying Link everytime i play as Cloud

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My new tutorial is finally out... All about Sonic's spin > footstool jump > dair spike combo:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I don't know how to feel about Cloud

I mean, he is a super fun character to play and is enjoyable. But then again, sometimes I just feel wrong using him since he is a top tier and i always feel like I'm betraying Link every time i play as Cloud
Nothing wrong with using a top-tier. Tiers only indicate how good a character is if you put an obscene amount of time into practicing them. Unless you're going to major tournaments, tiers are basically an academic curiosity.

And an expertly-played Link will always beat a casual Cloud anyway. =P

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Any Character can Beat any character.

The thing that I don't like is that people seem to complain about top tiers without actually learning the matchup. If people took the time to understand the weaknesses, Bayonetta might never have been nerfed.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
The thing that I don't like is that people seem to complain about top tiers without actually learning the matchup. If people took the time to understand the weaknesses, Bayonetta might never have been nerfed.
No, bayonetta was on a whole nother level of good; she was so poorly designed as a whole (though to be fair she wasn't anything like brawl mk).

I know that there are so many complaints and all, but I feel that people should have a right to not like fighting a certain character even if they know what to do in the matchup. I hate fighting mario and yoshi, but I know what to do in the mu. Despite it all, I still hate mario and his easy bake bull**** and I hate yoshi even more because of his eggs and nigh unpunishable air speed. I don't like fighting cloud either, but that's only when I forget how to mix up my landings.

Man, I miss the good ol days of dlc back when it was just mewtwo, lucas, roy, and ryu and people could still vote in the fighter ballot. Kinda sucks that the last three dlc characters have gotten more hate than brawl mk and melee fox/falco combined. Cloud was stupidly easy to use that mang0's baby could take at worst 8th at xanadu and at best win a xanadu with cloud. Kamui, while has received the least amount of hate, had a ******** counter that could kill at 0% and overall isn't that fun to play for me. Bayonetta was, again, so poorly designed and ironically not fun to play or watch. And even so, you cannot tell me that she was even in the top 10 for the ballot, unless if it was either to satisfy sakurai's [wet] dreams or if there weren't really that many "realizable" characters, whatever that means. I just wanted lloyd irving playable so I could have my own [wet] dreams satisfied, but nope, he had to make him a mii outfit.

I don't hate these characters at all, but it's sad that the last batch if dlc had to elicit so much controversy among the community. I wish that we could get just one more smash direct even though it's not gonna happen. I don't care who would be the last dlc character, just someone who is balanced, fun to play, unique, and requires skill. #Freewolf #Buffthepuff

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
To be fair, Bayonetta's complaints were overdone, and the final result was utterly destroying the character's original intent.
The right answer, IMO, was to reduce the overall kill power from her aerials, and the ability to carry opponents upwards as much as she did, all to prevent early kills.
But now she's not a combo-based character anymore (unless two or three hits count as a combo-based when nearly every character in the game can do that), her Specials are incredibly easy to escape from, and even worse, people STILL don't DI them so she still looks like she's very good.
It ends at her play style very basic, baiting, attempting Witch Times, and using dABK just as a movement option.

Mid tier, maybe higher mid tier, imo.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know, I'm kind of sick of all this Top Tier talk.

Why not talk about some Low-mid tier characters? Like Robin, Roy or Pit?

Nothing wrong with using a top-tier. Tiers only indicate how good a character is if you put an obscene amount of time into practicing them. Unless you're going to major tournaments, tiers are basically an academic curiosity.

And an expertly-played Link will always beat a casual Cloud anyway. =P
I know. That's why i use Sonic. But Cloud is fun. Yet at the same time isn't fun.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Matt, pick a main, you can't main the random button; it's not practical at all.
Got it. I've got a few that I'm really good with, but it's nice to learn other characters for a more casual setting.

Top Bottom