• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Happy TurkeyDay to all the Sonic Mains and True Sonic's. :)

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Hey! It's a little late, but better than never! I'm new to Smashboards, but have been playing Sonic since Brawl was released. Why? Like most of you, I'm a huge sonic fan. :)

I'm pretty competitive with him. He's the only character I attend tournaments with, but living in New England, there's not as many tournaments (I mainly attend monthlys atm).

I usually place quite high in tournaments, so I feel that I'm pretty good with Sonic. I've not got many friends to play with, though. So practically all of my experience comes from tournaments and for whenever I visit my brother. Though, myy biggest weakness is likely getting discouraged and not knowing the match up, I guess.

Well, I'll probably start posting here and upload some videos sometime :)

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Dang, super late...=/

Tag = Khaoz

Location = Dallas Area (during school year) , Aiken SC (during winter and summer breaks)

Sonic and I have had a rocky road. When he was first announced to be in brawl, I fanboyishly swore to myself and my friends I was maining him.

Little did I know...(lol.jk)

Not going to lie,I had my doubts about him at first. I put all that I had into him, lurking these threads, and refusing to play anyone else, continuously thinking "I'm just playing him wrong...he's not bad...he cant be...nintendo wouldnt...". After countless loses against my friends and the discouraging news of the first tier list I finally gave in to the voice repetitively telling me "play2win..."

I went from main to main to main, playing each as unconfidently as the next. But after moving to Texas for school, and beginning to brawl in Dallas, I slowly realized that your main shouldn't be about how good that particular character is, but how confidently you can perform with them. Was I getting ***** by MK after top tier after MK? Yes. Am I still getting ***** by those same players? yes. lol. But the point was that I was learning and getting better because I was playing confidently with a character I fully enjoy, have fun playing, and feel comfortable with. He just clicks with me. What more can you ask for in a character?? ( yeah yeah, besides better match-ups and a higher tier.lol)

I secondary ICs and Pika, but I'd say I'm about 80% Sonic usage in tourney. I've been out of the scene for a few months (playing too much MvC2.haha), but I'm still brawling around the Dallas area, and now at the point that I want to get serious/alot better and start putting numbers on the results thread.

Hopefully soon I'll no longer be known in Dallas as " The completely overshadowed TX Sonic". Thanks Espy :( (Haha, I'm kidding)

Trent

Smash Champion
I must have missed this thread completely when I first came to the Sonic boards in like, June or something.

Better late than never, umm..

I'm Trent, real name's Austin. People always question my tag, dunno why.

When Brawl first came out I mained Marth in "Not serious buisness" Brawl up until December of last year when I decided to follow the fanboy in my heart and give Sonic a chance. Plus the announce sounds cool when he says "SAWNIK!"

My first brawl tourney was Gigabrawl in July, and have been taking Brawl serious ever since.. I only use Sonic and refuse to use any other character in tournaments or MMs (Unless it's Ganon dittos).

I'm from Lincoln Nebraska, trying to rep Sonic over here a tad since Nebraska's Brawl scene consists of like, not even 10 people. I almost feel like I'm part of Iowa since a majority of my practice comes from tourneys over there.

Did I mention I love Sonic? I've even beaten Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog('06) which I like to call Sonic Oh ****, and Sonic and the Secret Rings. My favorites have to be either the Sonic Rush series or the day time levels in Sonic Unleashed. I also started the Sonic comics from #0 in November and am currently on #160, so finally catching up on that.

...Sawnik.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hi.

My name is Sonic Storm, my username sucks. It was an attempt to achieve some similarity with my other name on another forum, but Sonic Boom was taken. But I'm more known by friends as Josh.

I played Brawl originally for fun, nothing serious, until I went to SMU in Dallas for a year, and found some friends that played the game as well, one of whom was vastly better than me. After class, we'd usually get together and have some fun Brawls, and we also kept a small ladder ranking amongst us to see how we ranked against each other. I'd say this was my first step into playing "competitively," if you want to call it that.

When I fist started delving into competitive play, I was an Olimar main and Falco main. My Falco would get trashed aside by my friend's Pikachu, and while I won with Olimar sometimes, I didn't have fun winning with him. So after a while, through a combination of seeing the old tier list here, and through a challenge posed by my friends, I decided to pick up Sonic and work with him and try to win matches with him (which my friends thought was laughable, since Sonic can't kill and generally sucked.)

After a few months, they groaned whenever they heard "Sonic!" on the TV.

Something about Sonic just clicked with me, and it wasn't because of an obsession with the Sonic games. I loved the fact that he was generally a fast character in every category - ground speed, air speed, attack speed - and the fact that he has an innumerable amount of options for almost any situation. I loved to keep my opponents guessing on what I would do next, and have them guess wrong usually. It wasn't uncommon to hear "oh, **** you Sonic!" and other exclamations during Brawls.

Nowadays, I'm in rural Oklahoma, trying to make due with a nonexistent Smash scene around me - I have been keeping tabs on tournaments and the like though in Texas and other places; I plan to go to the tournament (whose name escapes me) in Wichita in March.

I've never looked back from Sonic as far as mains are concerned, even when I get tossed around when I'm Sonic, which is fairly common, but I have been using other characters when I feel my Sonic won't work out for the match - Pokemon Trainer is one I use in particular, but I also use ROB, Luigi, Yoshi, and Ike if I feel confident with them. But overall, I try and make it known that I'm a Sonic user, and I feel that I have much to improve with him, and that he's the guy that I feel I can go the farthest with.

....hi again.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Wow, been here for a while now and I didn't know about this. Oh well, better late than never and why not start off the new year with this.

Hi there, I'm sonictailslink, but everyone in the VegasSmash community calls me "Tails". I picked up the gamename nickname by my tag I use in Brawl "Tails" so I just stuck with it.

I've been a huge Sonic fan for years and when I first heard the announcement that Sonic was going to be in the game, I pretty much just stop breathing for a good 15 seconds, then I just started to gasp for air because I was so way past excited. Ever since Brawl was released and I finally unlocked Sonic via SSE mode (that took forever), I've became a Sonic main. I didn't play too seriously at the time though since I really didn't have too friends at the time.

When I first started to play a bit more competitively is when I met some of current friends back at UNLV when they were playing Brawl in the Student Game Room. I was minding my own business playing Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood for the second time while they were playing Brawl. I thought for a minute, I'll give it a try since I needed a break from Chronicles. Well, of course I sucked when I started to play at UNLV, but I started to get better the more I played there.

My first tournament I attended was back at Play n' Trade during the Spring Break of 2009. I knew about the tournament from the people at UNLV so I was curious. I just wanted to watch and see how the tournament works, but my friend Charles needed a partner for doubles that day, so I enter my first doubles tournament. Of course that didn't work out too well at all. My first singles tournament was Brawl until you fall which is where I met Kinzer for the first time. I'm not sure if I asked him or he ask me to do a Sonic ditto friendly match, but either way, I accepted it and my friend Knack thought I was nuts. It was worth it though. For that tournament, I did bad as well, but I really didn't care though since I was still new to the tournament scene.

I'm from Las Vegas and my Sonic has been improving since I first started playing with a lot of help from Kinzer. I'm also a Toon Link secondary main for friendlies only. I currently have no secondary for tournaments since I dropped Toon Link a few tournaments ago after how I did using him. Also, I can't play Toon Link seriously anyway compare to Sonic. Since it's New Years, I guess my New Year's Resolution is to become a better Sonic player just as good as Kinzer or even better than him.

Top Bottom