• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Man the caps are making me dizzy. Btw I hope we get tails and knuckles to at least make an appearance.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
too... much... to process....
I am now a rabbid from rayman...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

videos... my god, new footage... news... holze shaz.... RIOT

SONIC!?!? DAAAAAAAA!!!

lulz, Sonic brought his crappy music with him

ragda

Smash Rookie
Am I dreaming myself into sleep?

It's-a me, Mario, uh, I mean, it's-a me, Romeo.

I was just about to hit the hay, when I decided to check out today's update. It went something like this:

*Yawn* Well we might as well see what they've got. Language? English. OK, what do th-they have?! *Warning: Challenger Approaching* Blue hair/skin? It can't be! It is!! It's Knuckles! Huh? Darn it. It's Sonic. It's SONIC?!!

Now maybe it's just me, but when he jump from the spring, could that be his up+b, and if it is, it didn't seem he was flashing like when you've used up your up+b and can't continue to recover. Does it mean that up+b won't have that drawback, or is it another special other than up+b? What do you guys think?

Juliet: Come on already, I need some sleep *YAWN*, and we have a test today.
Romeo: D'oh! Well gotta go! *Capes myself out of the scene*

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Holy crap guys, the release date is TBA AGAIN!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
That almost works. A few fail at the sort. Starfox (03) only works when used as Fox, and then 04 is Kirby and 05 is F-Zero or Captain Falcon or Falcon. Either way, before K. Then Mother (07) Pocket Monsters (08) and Zelda/Legend of Zelda (09) but with Mario / Super Mario next (10) and Yoshi (11) I might be missing something there. Then yeah, 3 new series would fit there. And the rest sort of makes sense. At that point, what all would qualify to be series 21? Anything?
I can't sleep anyway so I thought I'd try to dissect it a bit. Btw, wikipedia is your friend. However I had to go with japanese spellings to even begin to make sense of it...

02 - Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03 - Fokkusu Makuraudo (Fox McCloud)
04 - Hoshi no Kābi (Kirby)
05 - Kyaputen Farukon (Captain Falcon)
06 - Metoroido (Metroid)
07 - Mother (Earthbound)
08 - Pokémon (Pokémon)
09 - Rinku (Link)
10 - Sūpā Mario (Mario)
11 - Yosshī (Yoshi)

Bwahaha, I cracked it. Sorted by character name in japanese spellings.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
I hope the "TBD" doesn't necessarily mean 2008. Even though Japan has it on the 20-something of January, 2008, I still want my Dec 3rd!!! Or at least...before 2008!

D

Deleted member

Wtf!

Okay, he's in. Moving on people...

Seriously, though I might like him, I' more excited about the freaking TRAILER THAT I CAN'T SEE AT SCHOOL!

09MurphyM

Smash Rookie
This Game is getting more and more exciting with each update! I wonder what they will do tomorrow.

Chao`

Smash Rookie
Sonic will be one of my main chars in SSBB even if his moves are barely on par with Mewtwo. This I swear.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
You gotta be ****ing kidding me...

I was totally blindsided by this :psycho:

final smash = super sonic = too good.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sonic is the new Falco.

Fast faller, phenomenal bair/dair, uair looks pretty savvy. Crazy combo potential with midair over b cancel. Throws will prolly be ****ty.

burrito

Smash Lord
Excuse me....

OMG REALLY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! !%@# !@$% !@#$ING #$%$. It's @!#$ING SONIC. OMG.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Icon numbers

01 - Super Smash Brothers
02 - Donki Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03 - Fokkusu Makuraudo (Fox McCloud)
04 - Hoshi no Kabi (Kirby)
05 - Kyaputen Farukon (Captain Falcon)
06 - Metoroido (Metroid)
07 - Mother (Earthbound)
08 - Pokémon (Pokémon)
09 - Rinku (Link)
10 - Supa Mario (Mario)
11 - Yosshi (Yoshi)
12 - Fire Emblem
13 - Game and Watch
14 - Ice Climber
15 - Animal Crossing
16 - Made in Wario (WarioWare Inc.)
17 - Metal Gear Solid
18 - Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena (Kid Icarus)
19 - ???
20 - Sonic the Hedgehog

Heh, you've sold me. So pretty much, 19 is almost guaranteed to be Pikmin. So that means we have the following characters guaranteed:

Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Olimar

And if we go by the results of Sakurai's Poll the following characters are also almost guaranteed.

Playable Characters:
Krystal
Geno

Playable Characters or Bosses:
Ridley
King DeDeDe
King K. Rool

And a note about including Geno. Super Mario RPG comes after Sonic the Hedgehog. Possibly is icon 21.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
So... get this... Sonic's icon, it's number 20.

Pit's icon is number 18, MGS 17, Wario 16, and Animal Crossing is 15.

Before that is Ice Climbers at 14, Game and Watch at 13 (I'll bet anyone any-thing- that that's a true statement), and FE at 12, etc down the list.

So 19 is missing as is 13. As I stated, 13 is required to be Game and Watch because 13 is required to be number from a returning series. The only one applicable is G&W. For 19, it has to be a new series. Any guesses?

So far I've heard from my friends, in order of likelyhood:

Pikmin
Advance Wars
Mega Man
Castlevania

I'm gonna say Pikmin because Olimar would be a unique choice.
Why is it required that Game & Watch is 13? What about F-Zero/Captain Falcon? That would fall in the same spot, he's a returning character, and it falls in the right place alphabetically.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Right, now my face has stopped melting, I can actually discuss.

What do you guys think about Sonic AT's? I doubt we'll see another Sonic character (it's possible but I think unlikely, even if a shame) so who do you think will make appearances as ATs? And what will they do?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Right, now my face has stopped melting, I can actually discuss.

What do you guys think about Sonic AT's? I doubt we'll see another Sonic character (it's possible but I think unlikely, even if a shame) so who do you think will make appearances as ATs? And what will they do?

What does super sonic do anyways? does he shoot beams or what?
Super Sonic has never shot "beams", so I doubt it.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Dude... even though I heard so much about it, I never really expected Sonic to be in. Maybe it was all that crap photoshopped "proof". But now Sonic's in, he look freakin' awesome. He even managed to convince my friend to say that he'll buy a Wii for Brawl.
Now all we need is Young Link :) (SMASH BROS. WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT LON LON MILK)

End Game

Smash Journeyman
First of all: Holy Balls! Sonic?? Are you freaking kidding me?? Thats awesome...i was never that excited about him being in brawl but now that i see him in i just cant control my self.

It makes me sad however, that the only reason sonic was revealed today was just to keep us from rioting at the news that brawl has been delayed.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Dear sweet Jesus Christ. I can't f*cking believe it. My God... this is... Epic.

~Dac

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Fox isn' the fastest character anymore. You do realize that, right?

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
aaaaahhhhhhh

[/FONT

:cool: Are you kidding me that Sonic is finally in !!!!!

Sonic vs Mario
Sonic vs Link
Sonic vs Donkey Kong

OMG that is awsome, every mans dream come true(remember we were kids back then).

All that is left is for Master Cheif to join and Finish the Brawl. :chuckle:

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
Wow..............I hope this give us another firm release date..... Sonic looks toooooooo tight. Dammit, Reggie you said Dec 3rd! You said we WILL be playing it!! argh, lolz

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Heh. I love seeing that "Warning! Challenger Approaching!". But when I saw it this morning, I had no clue who it could've been so quick after Lucas. When I pressed the down arrow...I saw a spike. No, two spikes. Then I just spazzed out. I forgot what happened between 5:40 and 5:55 this morning.

It'd be a sin not to get this game.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I Cant believe he made it sooooooooonnnnnnnnniiiiiiiicccccccc

Eyemeralds

Smash Rookie
Guys We Need To Apologize To Sakurai Right Now!!!!

Serioudly, he made us wait till OCTOBER!!! That's a hell of a lot better than anything after that, no matter how you look at it! omg....WHERE IS SAKURAI'S E-MAIL ADDRESS!!!!!

krynny

Smash Cadet
So yeah, when it said "Warning, Challenger Approaching" i was thinking Falcon is finally announced. Then i see that famous blue mascot and 2 videos! if sakurai had to give us any update with the announcement of a later release date, this was pretty good. sonic looks like he is just incredibly fast and top tier. i wonder if you can play as super sonic or his action is preset like mario's final fireball thingy.

so many new chars!!! im very impressed and cant wait to get this game.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
A Little Fishy Dont Ya Think?

SONIC LOOKS SOO GOOD IT MAKES U THINK DOES SAKURAI READ THESE THREADS AND GET HIS IDEAS FOR CHARS HERE? sry for caps* seriously think about it...

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
no-one deserves mroe to be in brawl then sonic, best update yet
and my friend cant see the video, has someone already uploaded it on youtube

Top Bottom