• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sonic] lol u-air.

Tenki

Smash Hero
okay, so i don't really know where to put this, but it's really trivial and lulzy.

so i was messing around with the whole "U-air1 has set knockback" thing, and at 0%, I sent Zelda flying up like a F-throw at 40%. so i thought "wait what. lol DI"

so i set the training dummy to control, and did it again. and so i thought "well, that's weird".

so yeah, it turns out that if you do a tipper (horizontal) U-air1, it has a pretty decent set knockback and it puts the opponent in the perfect position for...

nothing really lol

though if you do a tipper forward facing U-air, you can DJB-air into it.

but they'll probably double jump and hit you out of it lol.

edit:
also,
you can hit people who are on the floor with U-air1 =/

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I hit with Uair1 on the ground all the time. If they're juggling it has enough priority(lolwut)to knock them into the air and get comboed into Utilt. I've been meaning to mess with......okay anyone play Fox in Melee? He could FF a Uair near the ground to get a mixuped top kill when Usmash would be too predictable. So I was gonna see about dropping onto their head from low and going into an utilt or perhaps something else....

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
If I played against tall characters more often, I would 'prolly implement ground Uair1 into my game more often.

Browny

Smash Hater
you can DJB-air into it.

you can hit people who are on the floor with U-air1 =/
intruiging name... :p

I always use uair-1 to hit people on the groud, arguably Sonic's best oos option. dont try it against the likes of kirby, olimar squirtle etc though lol. Its pretty much the best defense vs an SH-dair spamming ganon whos pressuring your shield

Tenki

Smash Hero
err lol

well, the point of it was that I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that U-air1 actually has 2 kinds of set knockback XD

the "regular" set knockback is really low and you can FH > footstool from that (though, hitstun is short so they can hit you lol). You get it when you're already like, inside your opponent - not a tipper.

a tipper's set knockback is considerably higher and sends far enough that you'd have to DJ to reach them ASAP. It's interesting because that'd explain how in some earlier vids, people seemed to have done some crazy "pull" thing with U-air1 under the edge that led to stage spikes. Originally it might have looked like "lol DI" but it was actually that the U-air was stronger when done as a tipper.

And that one thing that was nominated for the winning steak vids with Sonic and Marth continually flying upwards, hitting each other at the same time - that was all tipper U-air1 lol.

another note about just using U-air1 - if you're both in the air, you can purposely miss the 2nd hit if you're fastfalling.

intruiging name... :p

I always use uair-1 to hit people on the groud, arguably Sonic's best oos option. dont try it against the likes of kirby, olimar squirtle etc though lol. Its pretty much the best defense vs an SH-dair spamming ganon whos pressuring your shield
lol

i thought of that right after i typed it. it has a nice ring to it XD

and on the ganon thing, I'm sure you'd know about that... haha.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't it listed in one of the guides that it has set knockback, which is why it sets up for the second hit even at high percents?
Its also listed somewhere "SHFF Uair-dsmash" since it pops them up off the ground just a little.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I thought this was well know too :/

Maybe tipper 1st hit > fair? Or possible gimpage?

Top Bottom