• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Impressions. Matches, FAQ/Guide - Updated with vids! (34+ matches)

Tenki

Smash Hero
monster combo

Better yet, just say vb, >b, or ^b.

Tenki, get a replay of this 40% combo, and I'll get it to work consistently, and even make it applicable.
vb >b and - wait, ^b isn't a spin

anyway, it doesn't cover the roll or jump parts. AvB [hit x2] > aerial doesn't flow well imo xD
conveeerttttttt
or we'll ASCASCSDRSDJTP your house

I don't have an SD card or internet access with Wii atm. All I can do is say how to do it.

Aerial spin charge (hold fwd, hit twice) > ground roll [hit] > jump attack [hit] > aerial

aka...
ASC [hit x2] > SDR [hit] > SDJ [hit] > Aerial

Try to land the ASC on them so the resulting ground roll does damage, then try to hit them with the spindash jump and aerial.

Without the aerial, the first part can go from 32 damage (18 from ASC, 7 for an uncharged SDR landing, 7 from SDJ), then the aerials can do from 8 (dair) to 14 damage.

Now if I try it, I usually hit the SDR or the SDJ, but not both :[
Still working on it x.x;

If you wanna try it on something predictable, do it on a walking cpu or a low level cpu on Attack. I'm pretty sure DI helps with this (probably explains why I can almost never get the full SDR>SDJ>Aerial combo to hit against standing opponents).

[edit]

On a trivial note, if you can do the optimal damage for everything, this would be it:
ASC hit 1: 11 damage
ASC hit 2: 10 damage
Full charged SDR : 10 damage
SDJ : 7 damage
F-air sweetspot: 14 damage

52 damage

...but noone's going to be doing that. lol.

Damax

Smash Lord
vb >b and - wait, ^b isn't a spin

anyway, it doesn't cover the roll or jump parts. AvB [hit x2] > aerial doesn't flow well imo xD
conveeerttttttt
or we'll ASCASCSDRSDJTP your house

I don't have an SD card or internet access with Wii atm. All I can do is say how to do it.

Aerial spin charge (hold fwd, hit twice) > ground roll [hit] > jump attack [hit] > aerial

aka...
ASC [hit x2] > SDR [hit] > SDJ [hit] > Aerial

Try to land the ASC on them so the resulting ground roll does damage, then try to hit them with the spindash jump and aerial.

Without the aerial, the first part can go from 32 damage (18 from ASC, 7 for an uncharged SDR landing, 7 from SDJ), then the aerials can do from 8 (dair) to 14 damage.

Now if I try it, I usually hit the SDR or the SDJ, but not both :[
Still working on it x.x;

If you wanna try it on something predictable, do it on a walking cpu or a low level cpu on Attack. I'm pretty sure DI helps with this (probably explains why I can almost never get the full SDR>SDJ>Aerial combo to hit against standing opponents).

[edit]

On a trivial note, if you can do the optimal damage for everything, this would be it:
ASC hit 1: 11 damage
ASC hit 2: 10 damage
Full charged SDR : 10 damage
SDJ : 7 damage
F-air sweetspot: 14 damage

52 damage

...but noone's going to be doing that. lol.
IT doesn't work at higher percentage (it works around 0 to 40 most of the time) So it's not broken at all. of course if you can get it to work its nice. my suggestion for this to work: (to set it up)

SDR to SDJ to footstool then tech chase with ASC, I've done it quite a couple of time already. Just make sure you do a short footstool.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Just reminding everyone that post number 282 is where you should look and give any constructive criticism / advice. I am in no way working on this alone and I deffinately don't have Sonic down fully.

FYI... izzy you can copy paste the code and instantly have the version that we have whenever you're ready... if nothing else... update the title/first post to tell people to go to that post number instead.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
we should make a huve overall sonic video

like, combine all the skickies, dnes' post, tenkis words, and whenever i get a chance to fully write my sonic thoughts even though you guys keep stealing my words

Browny

Smash Hater
um a few things you might wanna fix on post 282

his dash attack does 6% is you hit within the first few frames
ftitl does less if you dont sweetspot it, im not sure but i think theres 3 ranges/damages for it
dthrow does about 9%
f-air can do up to 14% if every part of the attack hits

and sonics grab-pummel OWNS. its the strongest in the game (i tested this quite a lot). it may be easier to break out of grabs in brawl, but ive pretty much memorised the amount of jabs i can get off for a % range. interesting thingy, analysing one of my videos i found in one match, 12.5% of all the damage i did during the match came from grab-pummels alone, it really is good. i think you should put a little emphasis on it, instead of 'if you plan on using it ever'

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
lot's of interesting info. kudos!
started to play Sonic a few days ago but now I think I *might* stand a chance against my friends with him XD
to practice stage!

Tenki

Smash Hero
btw is there an ETA on when this supposed big update is supposed to come?

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I was lurking in these threads and i realized that everybody says you suck izzy. What happened? You used to be one of the best sonics.

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
Why doesn't anyone else call Sonic's epic forward smash the "Sonic Boom"? Am I really the only one?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I was lurking in these threads and i realized that everybody says you suck izzy. What happened? You used to be one of the best sonics.
Cuz I suck.

Nah, it's just the boards joking.

I hope, anyway, considering how many people were giving my Sonic props at AZOneTwo. Forward liked it. He likes Hella's, too. AJAX says Hella has a good Sonic as well.

The update is actually in progress. School started out, but I've printed up a rough draft that I'm constantly editing until I'm satisfied. I may end up just scrapping everything except for percents. Hrm...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm taking Music Appreciation, Public Speaking, and Private Instruction for Guitar, Piano, and Vocals.

I is a busy beeeeeeeeeeee!

I think Imma go to the MD tournament. Any EC smashers should look me up.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Is this thread going to be re-done?

If so, please note that down-throw does 8% damage, not the measly 5% stated in the OP (and post 282 or whatever).

Top Bottom