• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic homing spike! Seriously!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont have flash on this computer, so i can't watch video.

can i convince you to explain what happens to me please

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's not a spike. It appears to have cancelled Falco's recovery and sent him downward. It was more of a dunk...

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
It's on youtube on homing hijinks, and basically, if Sonic ends up going almost perfectly vertically down and connecting, he will "meteor" opponents to a small degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ytCkBRMHY

I've had this happen several times, especially if they pass through you when you start it and go from above to below and stay vertical.

I think it all has to do with the knockback and aim Sonic has differences in when they are above and below you.

Below you, it targets their back.

Above you, it targets their face.

Switch above to below and be straight below Sonic falling through him, and sometimes it "meteors"

it seems....

Trillion

Smash Ace
actually Teh Umby, you are not quite correct. sonic's homing attack colided with the nair and sonic's damage meter went up. falco's damage meter remained the same. sonic got hit and falco did not. falco just fell to his doom. no spike.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, just realized that.

However, I HAVE had this work on DK and Bowser before, the timing and placement is tough and it's weak, but if you keep trying it you'll see.

I wish I had a replay of the DK one.

It was more apparent.

Umby

Smash Master
actually Teh Umby, you are not quite correct. sonic's homing attack colided with the nair and sonic's damage meter went up. falco's damage meter remained the same. sonic got hit and falco did not. falco just fell to his doom. no spike.
I meant it like that, yeah. I didn't mean they clang canceled or anything.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Back to the drawing board on getting the homing spike on tape again.

I will capture it eventually to show you guys.......

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Hm, I think there are easier ways to meteor/spike, but hey, another option couldn't hurt. =)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hm, I think there are easier ways to meteor/spike,
none of which exist for Sonic.

Unless you're talking about stagespiking.

Speaking of 'meteors', footstools are considerably easier to land than this proposed Homing Meteor.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
none of which exist for Sonic.

Unless you're talking about stagespiking.

Speaking of 'meteors', footstools are considerably easier to land than this proposed Homing Meteor.
lol, yeah, basically. I also heard that if you time an u-air right, it could work too because it sends them the opposite directions. =/

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol, yeah, basically. I also heard that if you time an u-air right, it could work too because it sends them the opposite directions. =/
U-air (sideways first hit), F-tilt (sweet spot hit), D-air (sweet spot), and D-smash can all send in semispike (low angle) trajectories if the opponent is holding downwards on the countrol stick for some reason as they get hit.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
U-air (sideways first hit), F-tilt (sweet spot hit), D-air (sweet spot), and D-smash can all send in semispike (low angle) trajectories if the opponent is holding downwards on the countrol stick for some reason as they get hit.
Oh, mkay, thanks for the teachings. =D uhh, no sarcasm.

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh yeah, that. `.`; it's still really situational.

however, I got my first/only kill from an unplanned U-smash 'spike'.

still don't like usmash.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on a new replay starting today.

If someone else would beat me to it, that would be great.

Advice to have this happen...

Play against a large character with bad recovery; Bowser, Ganon, or even DK.

Start the homing near them as they approach, cancel it as they "hover" underneath you.

It helps if they pass through you somehow.

If someone could aid me in getting this on replay it wouldn't just be a good help to me, but probably the Sonic community, as characters with vertical or charging recoveries could be boned by this.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Gojira, as much as I'd love to help, I can't because:
A. Olympics =D
B. I have so much stuff to work on with sonic because I SUCK AT HIM.
=)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
aeghrur, he wasn't asking you specifically, but thanks for trying to get your post count up by pointlessly posting :/

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Ive been trying to do this in real matches for a few days now... if this is possible, it is not worth it to set up, when you can just stage spike, and most times the opponent is moving to much to set up a near perfect vertical HA. im sorry, but i dont think this can be done well enough.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Here's a random and probably useless idea... Spam homing attacking when your opponent is off the stage?

No, right?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
aeghrur, he wasn't asking you specifically, but thanks for trying to get your post count up by pointlessly posting :/
Lol, I know isn't it amazing? =D No, but seriously, I don't care because I would've had more posts than w/e it is if I tried. Besides, I like being a n00b. =)

Edit: HOLY CRAP, IT WORKS. Dang, wish I had the vid. Anyways, it does work. O_O, COOOOOOOOOOOOOL. but hard to time. Dx

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Well if the vid showed anything it showed an alternative method to Sonic's offedge and gimp game. Yay for all.

Top Bottom