• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Hitboxes/Hitbubbles

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Utilt has a pretty awesome vertical range, and surprisingly not too bad horizontal range. Regardless of the hitbubble possibly being a little off, it's nothing like nair -__- lol

:093:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Lol @ you dumb *****s who always tried to tell me N-air was useful. Get @ your non-existent hitboxes. Oh but it can almost set up a jab lock? Dumb *****s stay dumb. U-tilt is where it's at. KO someone with U-tilt, and watch their spirit shatter. You'll ruin their whole day.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
nair has some "uses".
it can set up a jab lock. (lol)
it can "break" "combos."
it's also a neat alternative to fair after a spindash combo, as it's almost guaranteed to do max damage.

see, that's why I had to stop playing competitive Sonic. The Sonic 3 fan in me keeps imagining invincibility frames and this extended hitbox in the form of the insta-shield.

MetaKnight has the Sonic 3 nair though.

Browny

Smash Hater
Bio, post some screenshots of jab 1 and 3 range, ill compare that with the sparks from normal brawl. if u dont mind, zoom in as much as you possibly can such that all of sonic and the hitbubble is visible, it will help...

Also im gonna say it. if the jab doesnt line up with the in-game screenshots of its maximum range, this whole hitbubble thing is wrong. the bair/ftilt might just be a random incident, its the first time ive seen anything like it. but on a lot of character boards ive seen a lot of attacks with truly ridiculous hitboxes, not surprisingly all involving scaling and lingering attacks. far too many instances of it being inccorect to be believed anymore imo (if jab is wrong)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Speaking of which, what is the disjoint of the sandbag's hurt box anyways? So how can we be so sure that the pictures are 100% correct?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't have the Debug Pause code for a classic controller, so I can't make snapshots. Nor does my laptop want me to :urg:

The emphasis at the moment is to show which hitboxes are where and show that some exist that people thought didn't. You didn't know Sonic's Fair and Usmash had 4 separate hitbubbles now did you?

And I've said repeatedly that I'd fix the scaling errors in the PSA, no matter how many of them there are. I know they're wrong now, but there is a way to fix them.

Browny

Smash Hater
Speaking of which, what is the disjoint of the sandbag's hurt box anyways? So how can we be so sure that the pictures are 100% correct?
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the extent of the hurtbox is irrelevant, all that matters is the location of the glancing blow

you wont get 1 pixel to closer without it hitting or further with it missing. The very definition of range. Its next to impossible to get glancing blows on aerials, but for all ground moves thats as close as you can get...

jab is wrong because its so blatantly obvious. I cant believe how anyone would think it has that big range. its one of the worst jabs in the game for a reason.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i like djs pics so much.. :)
well, I'll just wait for the revisions then. Still interesting about moves like fair and bair though. too bad it made me think uptilt could beat tornado. that was silly of me.:(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
jab is wrong because its so blatantly obvious. I cant believe how anyone would think it has that big range. its one of the worst jabs in the game for a reason.
You mean for reasons other than how it only does 7% damage, and Sonic gets a frame disadvantage if he tries to cancel it into anything else?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nair is still an awful way to end a spindash combo. I don't care what you punks say. Fair or Uair everytime. Bair if the opportunity is available.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Who is ending their spin-dash combos with nair?

Who is doing ANYTHING with nair?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I read it in posts all the time.

It's frustrating.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I love Nair, especially SDJ > Nair. too pro.

It's a surprise kill move, I won a game with it just this past wknd. :)

DJ: Are you sure that the "spark area" is 1-pixel wide?

Also, what is the shape of a hurtbox, anyway?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
What the ****!?!? Sonic's Bair hit straight below him!?! There's literally nothing there, and it hits!?
BAIR IS BROKEN! =DD

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Kita said he'd take up the scaling stuff on Sonic, so you're basically waiting on him

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What the ****!?!? Sonic's Bair hit straight below him!?! There's literally nothing there, and it hits!?
BAIR IS BROKEN! =DD
Yeah, but that hitbubble is an exaggeration. The hitbox below him isn't THAT big.

...that's what SHE said?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is there any way I could get these hitbox/bubbles on my Wii right now?

Have they been fixed, first of all?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll see about re-scaling the hitboxes myself tomorrow if I get some time.

If you want them right now, right now? Put FitSonic.pac inside sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic\ and run the "File Patch 3.5.1" code. In the match, down-taunt to activate hitbubbles, up-taunt to deactivate hitbubbles.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Wow...I knew Bair's hitbox was good but I seriously didn't think it was THAT good. I can't wait to abuse that range even more. :) Uair's hitbox was good as well and lol at when Sonic did his Upsmash in normal motion it look like some mini rave.

Thanks for showing this Bionic Sonic.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wow...I knew Bair's hitbox was good but I seriously didn't think it was THAT good. I can't wait to abuse that range even more. :) Uair's hitbox was good as well and lol at when Sonic did his Upsmash in normal motion it look like some mini rave.

Thanks for showing this Bionic Sonic.
no no no they're all broken don't listen aaaaaaaaaaah~~

Tenki

Smash Hero
I have a question concerning these-

Do all of the hitbubbles... do damage?

I haven't looked at the char data but there's a possibility that certain bubbles either don't have damage attributed to them (left in during testing and forgotten about), or do something else, like wind/etc.

For example, I don't think I've ever seen anyone get hit by the bubble under F-tilt. However, I've never used it on a platform directly above someone either ._.;

Browny

Smash Hater
did you not read the thread? there is clearly an issue with this hitbubble method, there is most DEFINITELY not a hitbox that low below ftilt or bair, you only have to test it for 1 second in-game to see that lol.

you cant trust anything in these pictures, if its not a scaling issue its imaginary hitbubbles lol...

Top Bottom