• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic getting an Alternate Costume? Guess not.

Which Alternate Costume would you want Sonic to get?

• Total voters

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
No worries I have a decent open mind.:4pacman:
What I'm a little concerned with is the alternate costumes of:4robinm:, :4villager:, & :4wiifit: is they all have a gender swap palette going between the male alternate MFT, or the female alternate :4robinf: & female villager. :4marth: & :4lucina: would of been another gender changing alternate costume in the mix. That's what I'm mostly grasping at from a narrow-minded focus on that ongoing trend so far. If we were to fill in the blank & the only logical choice it would be Amy Rose. All that's needed to do is remove the hammer aspect from Amy, tweak her around to have the exact same move-set as Sonic, & Boom. . .:troll: that narrow-minded trend continues its gender alternation swaps.
On the flip-side being back to an open mind, :4falcon:, :4littlemac:, :4link:, :4mario:, :4mii:, & :4samus: all have at least a alternate costume or 2 that breaks my counter-debate in the first paragraph pertaining to gender alternates only. It could even be a mix with having a different voice for an alternate costume but still the same gender aka Sonic that looks like shadow but is voiced by a note-worthy Shadow the Hedgehog VA. If they're going to have a Shadow alternate costume & not be de-confirmed as AT status again, THEY SHOULD OF KEPT JASON GRIFFITH SO THAT HE COULD OF DONE BOTH VOICES. In that sense Metal Sonic, Shadow, Silver, alternates from other Sonic games, all of it can happen or is possible.

I see where you're coming from, knowing how you feel, but people wanna play as a Metal Sonic or Shadow alternate. We or at least I know Sonic & Shadow are different characters that fight differently, but this is only about alternate costumes for a switch of preference. They all have similar resembling traits & identical physical abilities to each other, but you'd be okay with Metal Sonic & not Shadow?

Woah. . .wait a moment. . .you disregard Metal Sonic's undeniable characteristic differences & unique abilities Sonic neither can do nor has, while going on to say he works out perfectly just because he was created to be? Being created to be like Sonic is undoubtedly true, yet Metal Sonic does not think, act, move, or fights the same. He's a robotic duplicate copy weighing nearly 4x Sonic's weight with a Jet engine on his back & a gaping hole for his stomach, with force field attacks, that could / can fight like him but doesn't, but you still draw the line for Shadow because of different fighting style & can't be a costume because of it.
By this logic neither Metal Sonic nor Shadow should be an alternate costume because one's a robot, while the other is a science experiment with Alien DNA. Regardless they can be alternate costumes for 2 main reasons:
  • All 3 relatively have the same traits, skills, & physical abilities.
  • They're all physically Identical to each other, 2 are hedgehogs & one is designed to look like a metal hedgehog.
Here's to hoping we get either costume or both!
:surprised: Someone with logic in their post. This is perfect.

Honestly though, Amy or Tails would look the most right doing Sonic's animations. Tails copied them all in his original debut and Amy is as capable as Sonic in the latest Sonic Boom. I like the idea of Amy as a gender swap for Sonic. Shadow won't be a costume because he is an assist trophy. Metal Sonic would still be legit, and while he would have to change how he normal operates - it would work because like you said, he is a robotic hedgehog and was made to mimic Sonic.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Honestly though, Amy or Tails would look the most right doing Sonic's animations. Tails copied them all in his original debut and Amy is as capable as Sonic in the latest Sonic Boom. I like the idea of Amy as a gender swap for Sonic. Shadow won't be a costume because he is an assist trophy. Metal Sonic would still be legit, and while he would have to change how he normal operates - it would work because like you said, he is a robotic hedgehog and was made to mimic Sonic.
I dunno about Amy, I think the dress would cause quite a few clipping issues

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

I approve of Amy or Tails. But over-thinking about Tails being a alternate costume swap seems like controversy in contrast to the Male / Female agenda costume swaps, since that's apparently the trend. So I'd want Amy for that sake.:p
Tails though, he's # 2 practically to everything Sonic. Him getting a alternate costume debut would be cool, but I wanna stick with Hedgehog alternates only, & be safe without being too far out there because of any counter-points of the games. Either that or I'm sticking with Metal Sonic alternate, because I kinda forgot Shadow was confirmed AT status during the demo.
I dunno about Amy, I think the dress would cause quite a few clipping issues
This isn't that bad of a design for her, granted it is Boom but that may be the look they'd go for an alternate re-size & in case Sonic Boom's design comes into play & all that.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I approve of Amy or Tails. But over-thinking about Tails being a alternate costume swap seems like controversy in contrast to the Male / Female agenda costume swaps, since that's apparently the trend. So I'd want Amy for that sake.:p
Tails though, he's # 2 practically to everything Sonic. Him getting a alternate costume debut would be cool, but I wanna stick with Hedgehog alternates only, & be safe without being too far out there because of any counter-points of the games. Either that or I'm sticking with Metal Sonic alternate, because I kinda forgot Shadow was confirmed AT status during the demo.

This isn't that bad of a design for her, granted it is Boom but that may be the look they'd go for an alternate re-size & in case Sonic Boom's design comes into play & all that.

I think it'd be a bit weird to have modern sonic and boom amy

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think it'd be a bit weird to have modern sonic and boom amy
My bad, I meant to say if we'd have an alternate re-sized Boom Sonic for one of his alternate costumes, & then Amy as the gender swap.:4pacman:

Though honestly they don't need her Boom visual look & can still keep her easily-remembered design from the anime Sonic X, & her last seen appearance in Sonic Lost World remaining the same design. I see the red dress styling for the gender swap, with added under-clothing to prevent anything obscene while playing Amy as well. Based on roster finalizing date being in 2012, they'd more likely go with Amy Rose's classic look that she's always carried around anyways, with the slim chance her Boom re-design was in the works but it's not too far off shore to be a lost thought. If we even get this gender swap idea I'll feel like a father, & if we get Metal Sonic, I'll for that.

Last edited:

Metroid-X

Smash Rookie
I would love to see a Mecha Sonic costume for Sonic

Maybe a robot voice over as well, it would also be funny if the voice actor still said Sonic since no one in those games can tell robots from the real hedgehog. Also his final smash could become Super Mecha Sonic.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord

If it weren't for what they did to knuckles I would like Sonic Boom. But they did something unforgivable to him.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I would love to see a Mecha Sonic costume for Sonic

Maybe a robot voice over as well, it would also be funny if the voice actor still said Sonic since no one in those games can tell robots from the real hedgehog. Also his final smash could become Super Mecha Sonic.
This idea is love, it would be amazing. I feel that they would have to change his running animation though.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If it weren't for what they did to knuckles I would like Sonic Boom. But they did something unforgivable to him.
Do you like Metal Sonic & Shadow?
. . .
'Cus they confirmed dawg. Metal Sonic & Shadow confirmed for Sonic Boom's game.:4sonic:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
. . .
'Cus they confirmed dawg. Metal Sonic & Shadow confirmed for Sonic Boom's game.:4sonic:
Yeah I saw them, and they look great. I would have been okay with them making knuckles a little taller than Sonic, but they went overboard. His redisign is the only one I don't like. It's atrotious.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
True, it's gonna take a while for me to grow on 'em. Watching him play S Factor however, is making me email Sakurai & beg him for a Scourge alternate costume. . .ugh. .:urg:
Leather jacket, blue eyes, green fur, those green sneakers.:shades:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
. . .
oh ****

I wish the revamps made for the main cast were as subtle as these ones.

shadow stop smiling tho

:093:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
That indeed looks fake to the max. Albeit Metal Sonic in the leak video looks pretty clean. I like that look.:shades: If it was still a alternate costume change between Metal Sonic & Amy, I'm still rolling with Metal. The Metal Box proc idea for Peach & Sonic can be dealt with a simple character change look too. PinkGoldPeach & MetalSonic at Metal Box proc's would be so legit.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
It's actually quite a good leak, no one on the leaks thread has been able to prove it fake. This one might be legit guys. The question is now, will they change his taunts/victory animations?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Xenorange Xenorange
I'm not entirely sure when Lucina got her taunt changes during her alternate costume development, but if it were after the fact she got separated & made into her own character & slot, then Metal Sonic confirmed for different taunts.:shades:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I love Metal Sonic. And I hate when he's treated as if he were Sonic gone metal. They are supposed to have completely different moves... but this is a tired old battle. -_- Just going to have to go with the flow I guess...

The skin itself looks amazing. I actually prefer this costume option over any other except Classic Sonic.
But it's fake, I can still hope for Classic, even if they have to blow up his proportions a bit to reach the whole hitbox. :D

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
That leak is so fake it hurt the second I laid eyes on it. Why attempt to crush my dreams of a Metal Sonic alt costume? Regardless the person who made it even stated it was fake so not sure why people still believe it...

Classic Sonic would be great. Give him the drowning animation when he dies in water too. Know what, just give me a Classic Sonic character. He would be so different than Modern Sonic. (Yeah I requested it and I do not care. Give me two Sonics)

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I would like to see a Metal Sonic alt. But I think if we do get an alt. it would be Sonic Boom!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Meeeee, I'm just happy to be able to play as the others again, the combat looks a little average but I'll probably enjoy it regardless
I'm Probably not going to buy it. At first I was like Uhhh. SEGA where's my Sonic Adventure 3. I've warmed up to it a lot!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Off Topic but is anybody interested in Sonic Boom?
The cartoon certainly has me interested, but Rise of Lyric, not so much, that's probably going to be rental for me. I do like the redesigns though, blue arms and Muscles the Beefcake aside.

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice
Metal Sonic all the way...

Classic Sonic seems a bit boring to me honestly, like I'm way more interested in seeing Metal Sonic and those alternate colors than seeing the alternate colors of Classic Sonic.

Sages

Smash Cadet

This Project M art, is just missing Red Sonic with Knuckles's shoes! I'd think these would be perfect and wouldn't require the announcer saying a different name. I would personally love to see Metal Sonic as an alt, Sonic boom would be cool too, but not as impressive as a Metal Sonic model.

Off-topic about Sonic Boom:

I'm really worried for the game. Most reviewers and game journalists were not impressed, when I saw the videos a lot of the combat seemed unpolished a lot of clipping and poor hit detection. I hope that the e3 build was an earlier build or that they've made significantly more progress since then. I'm definitely a supporter of a Sonic Adventure 3, but I really don't like the writing team they currently have hired. They forcefully make Sonic appeal to 5-year olds while alienating older fans. The story doesn't need to be dumbed down to the levels we saw in Sonic Lost World.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well. People say Classic Sonic wont work because It wont fit over Sonic's Skeleton. I would say the Sonic we got is Classic and Modern Mixed! Now for Alts I would like to have Riders Sonic.

I remember playing Riders for the first time it would be very nostalgic for me to get this Costume.

But I can see SEGA pushing for a Sonic Boom Alt.

Same thing goes for Pacman getting a Ghostly Adventures Alt. They both will need it to advertise for their respectful games.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
When we talk about alternate costumes, Riders makes the most sense, while Boom can make as much sense too. Marth to Lucina is long hair, thigh highs, a mask, & Naga's eye.

Riders Sonic is sunglasses, different shoe designs aka different shoes, & the Ark of the Cosmos rings you see in Zero Gravity as a huge plot device.

Easily can become rings to put in his alternate Riders costume as wristbands similar to his other confirmed costumes. Boom has nothing to compete with in regards to wristbands.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
ooh what about his alt could be metal sonic!! (metal sonic is so awesome, one of my favorite of eggmans creations, and is kinda a clone of sonic, would be a great skin to use!)

Top Bottom